• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

IDOC loot question

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED

I can't find anywhere about the loot that is generated at an IDOC,

I've been to about a dozen now and end up with random loot that you would find on a monster (cursed/antique) items etc that i refuse to believe any player would ever store in their house, uninsured and unworn.

Does the server generate random crap to place in barrels?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I can't find anywhere about the loot that is generated at an IDOC,

I've been to about a dozen now and end up with random loot that you would find on a monster (cursed/antique) items etc that i refuse to believe any player would ever store in their house, uninsured and unworn.

Does the server generate random crap to place in barrels?
Nope that is what players keep. You can find their crafted armor that is also very bad. Near empty houses just have a barrel or two, empty ones have none.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh, trust me you'd be amazed at the crap people keep...

Having built and designed and decorated homes and even organized homes for people... I can say that yes... People keep that crap.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
they could have been saving it for training imbuing
or it is loot from a SOS chest

i have a friend who played on Sonoma
that he would bring back SOS chests and just put them in containers
(he let me sort it out & let me unravel the loot to train imbuing)

he was only fishing them up for the nets

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I hold my most valuable gear in toons backpacks (or they are wearing it) and in their bank storage.
Most of my boxes contain some crap for unravelling or "may be one day I'll give it a try" which also goes to unravelling from time to time.
When I started playing on quite dead shard 3 years ago, my house was full of random crap I thought is quite good.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I pre-apologize for the random crap you will find in my homes upon my financial plug pulling. After too many years of playing (not as much lately) I find shinies I feel I could do "something" with and drop them into a container with other random crapple I have drug home. I will be idoc'ers best nightmare. My most bestest stuffs are in my bank boxes. My ability to prices is my downfall. I know something is of value, but since I don't know prices, I don't vendor things like I should. I usually end up giving stuff away as I hear people call out for things sometimes......if I can find it.

I try to keep a few odd pieces for history, like when they bring something out then take it away....to many to list, but 2 I can think of.

minus luck items
no longer spawning, considered a rare? I have a couple. Anyone else would just toss them.

They stole the tag off of my "use best weapon skill" bows. (instead of dealing with the real issue by changing the code) I still have them in my (what I consider) rares display. I know what they are, but to others.... *why does this person have these bows here?*

If I can help it, I will toss everything into trashbarrels and fill Pawain's homes with the good stuff. (which in turn he will put into trashbarrels)

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
The day I quit UO I will do everybody a favor and unlock everything in my homes and watch it all go byby then I will drop all houses and delete every char with full bank and backpack so there is no way I will return. That day will be the day after they pull the plau on UO. LMAO

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The day I quit UO I will do everybody a favor and unlock everything in my homes and watch it all go byby then I will drop all houses and delete every char with full bank and backpack so there is no way I will return. That day will be the day after they pull the plau on UO. LMAO
I did this once or twice or I'd have shard shields by now...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I plan to do pretty much the same though I won't delete the characters... but I will leave no house ... and no items will fall or anything... If they do... it'll be because I died... not because I let it fall.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I did the same thing Anon....my main account was created back in 2002 but as of right now I have 3 months to go before I get shard shields.....:(

SO CLOSE!!!!!

But I probably don't have anything anyone would want other then a bit of gold...I hoard weird stuff. I think my teleporter tiles, maybe Tokuno Dyes, I do have some rares but not UBER rares....some minor rubble, some vet rewards....but yeah I think most people would consider 90% of my stuff crap lol :(