• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Historical House Banners

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Does Mesanna still place these? If yes, is there a trick that actually gets her to do it? I sent an email but shockingly it was ignored, like every other email ever sent to her :rolleyes:

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for such requests i suggest sending accurate emails mentioning facet coordinates from sextant, so make sure ur not missing any info.

a few more advises (after my experience)

1. dont ask questions.

2. dont use CAPs and dont be rude

3. take a screenshot if necessary she luvs dat!

4. keep it short and straight to the point, dont tell her the story of your life

i feel she follow some guidelines to actually reply. i also suggest contacting here around 12:00pm EST.

good luck.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna does these in her free time, and she doesn't have much of that so sometimes it takes a while, and even a reminder if it runs into months. My own house took a year to get its banner.
She will need: Shard, facet, co-ordinates, date on the house sign and name of the house owner.
She doesn't reply to emails unless it's essential that she does, that doesn't mean she ignores them. She has so many that if she replied to them all, she'd never be able to do anything else.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Was about 2 years for my frist one I was at the house then left for 10 mins. When I went to recall back to it my spot was blocked thinking it was a ice snake there. after a few times I ran from luna to the spot in the cleaning and it was there. I then emailed her and thanked her and told her my other spot will be 10 years old that day. I was talking with someone and as soon as the person left I got the 2nd one. that one was only a 20 or 30 min wait.
Does Mesanna still place these? If yes, is there a trick that actually gets her to do it? I sent an email but shockingly it was ignored, like every other email ever sent to her :rolleyes:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I sent two emails minutes apart about three months ago for two different houses that qualified for the banner to Mesanna. A week after sending them, one banner placed, one wasn't. Since then I have sent two more emails to try and get that 2nd banner placed.... crickets.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A friend recently received his historical banners on several of his homes outside of Skara Fel on Atlantic. This was maybe 2 weeks ago so they are still being placed.

Not quite the same thing but I first sent an e-mail for a town banner on April 15th last year and it was placed on August 7th of the same year. I've found that being courteous and patient go a long way. I always keep my e-mails brief, state my requests clearly, and provide details on the location. In the case of the town banner, I also created an exploded view image of with all item IDs, hue IDs, and added text to make the job of putting it up in-game as easy as possible. I didn't feel that a couple of months was an unreasonable amount of time to wait; figured she was busy.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
in case someone doesn't know how to give coordinates for their location

if you play in EC
take a screenshot of your map
make sure to crop the area with your location coordinates showing

in CC
use a sextant for coordinates
take a screenshot of your journal
1630690272285.png
or the bottom right corner (like this)
1630690214375.png
these are the coordinates that they need

=========

to take a screenshot using Window's 10
press the Windows key, shift and S (at the same time)
then crop your screen

===========

if you don't have Windows 10
you might be able to press Print Screen
and then paste into Paint
then you can crop what you need there

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I sent two emails minutes apart about three months ago for two different houses that qualified for the banner to Mesanna. A week after sending them, one banner placed, one wasn't. Since then I have sent two more emails to try and get that 2nd banner placed.... crickets.
Always be sure to post an image of the house sign, with your shard name and the xyz coors. That is how they locate an area to travel to. Cinderella has posted above how to get that

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Always be sure to post an image of the house sign, with your shard name and the xyz coors. That is how they locate an area to travel to. Cinderella has posted above how to get that
This was my 3rd and 4th house that qualify for banners, pretty sure I know what to send.

Last edited:

Theno

Visitor
You use resize to move houses and it hasn't been around that long.
Yep. But the resize option is a technically a "protected demolish", as described on the official UO.com UO Player Wiki because you really demolish your old house (your stuff falling on the floor too if you're not careful enough). It's not a just-enlarge-the-house option.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Yep. But the resize option is a technically a "protected demolish", as described on the official UO.com UO Player Wiki because you really demolish your old house (your stuff falling on the floor too if you're not careful enough). It's not a just-enlarge-the-house option.
Yes I know but IMHO it should not. If it is the same account then it should not change.