• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Catskills M&G

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
8/10/2021 Greetings, We would like to invite you to the rescheduled Catskills Meet & Greet with the Developers on August 23rd, 2021 @ 8pm ET. We look forward to seeing you all and answering your questions. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Catskills M&G with the Developers on August 23rd, @8 pm EDT
8-23-210008.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please tell me someone brought up the Yukio quest just dropping off.
They know they removed it.

The M & G still going you can ask it.

Are the Devs moving so much because they are timing out?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They stopped working on NLS to concentrate on the end of this years events. Maybe more good items like Wildfire has.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I asked if they worked on all colors, she said yes. Dont know any details till it is on TC.
Many people didn’t get a chance to ask a question, thanks for wasting everyone’s time by asking a question that would be answered next publish test.

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't think everyone who clicked the stone got a question answered, but people generally don't. I dunno if anyone has ever sat down and timed out and charted all the M&Gs but they rarely go over an hour. These vary, though. The last one I think I attended there were only three people there and I asked a series of questions because we had so much extra time.

I will say it's a little frustrating when someone clicks the stone, gets called up, and then doesn't actually ask a question. They are AFK or they waste time by saying something like 'oh I didn't really have a question, just wanted to say hi/give me your clothes.'

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
So everybody got to ASK a question but some of the questions could not be answered at that time which happens a lot. Yes there have been M&Gs that have gone over the 1 hour, could you just hear the uproar if they cut one off and say well we hit the 1 hour mark and this M&G is over "Have a good night" Both forums would go nuts.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Many people didn’t get a chance to ask a question, thanks for wasting everyone’s time by asking a question that would be answered next publish test.
Untrue. I got there an hour after it began and the stone was still active.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the transcript!

My thoughts below:

Looks like things started off a little confrontational because Mesanna wanted to get bent out of shape because she took offense that the person said they sent her 3 emails.

Funny that Mesanna says they will respond to their decision on the top hat via Newsletter... but a day later the August Newsletter is canceled (and who knows about September.

Looks like JC is snitching on glacier blue clothing on ATL :sad2:

NL appears to be tentative for middle of next year... so a little more than 2 years after they first announced the big announcement. That's funny.

Regarding Cu skins - it looks like they will publish one... anyone have a link handy to read up on what they will actually do? I thought I read they were visual only but just wanted to double check.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess this Logan person is in the know since I don't recall any talk of Cu skins and then all of the sudden there it is...also i give this M&G a Cringe Factor rating of 7 out of 10. I do enjoy Drakelords question that involve the use of the word "Mine" instead of My, it's always a hoot to read that.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess this Logan person is in the know since I don't recall any talk of Cu skins and then all of the sudden there it is...also i give this M&G a Cringe Factor rating of 7 out of 10. I do enjoy Drakelords question that involve the use of the word "Mine" instead of My, it's always a hoot to read that.
I listened to the last video chat. Then promptly made a thread about why they should not replace the newsletters with video chats.

Video chats are not a good way to present future content because it is difficult to refer back to them and they last 30+ minutes so even if you listen you could miss that nugget that lasted 10 seconds.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I know its time like that where you wish you could take that back with an auto correction like those smart phones, I blame my in game age, King David of PAS always said when I was playing I was 12 years old. The first to charge the last to run, LOL, but I did get my ship ready and cleared for action. Can't wait for next month!!!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know its time like that where you wish you could take that back with an auto correction like those smart phones, I blame my in game age, King David of PAS always said when I was playing I was 12 years old. The first to charge the last to run, LOL, but I did get my ship ready and cleared for action. Can't wait for next month!!!
So you're not German ? Because you use "mine house" a lot. Just curious, nothing wrong with being of German descent...

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why they turned of the Newsletter?
There are some reasons :
1st EA says "WHAT, only a few hundreds listener in your Video Chat? " we turn you off.
2nd, laws against Spam.
I guess they hope to get more attention in their Video chats.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Girl Scout asked questions I want to ask too. Answers an no good, but at least now I know this is not planned.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
NL appears to be tentative for middle of next year... so a little more than 2 years after they first announced the big announcement. That's funny.
Plus we still have very little in terms of roadmap and feature set. Still a bunch of it will have weather and it will be cool type stuff. Looking more like vaporware every day.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I did get my ship ready and cleared for action. Can't wait for next month!!!
I was confused by what Mesanna meant about Anniversary stuff in September... and I recall seeing someone else saying something about getting their ship ready. Apologies if this on overlooking this but did I miss something about what is actually happening in September and it being high seas related??

Also regarding the Cu Skins... so they do what?

I watched the video but that was probably a month ago now and I dont remember hearing what Cu Skins would do.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I was confused by what Mesanna meant about Anniversary stuff in September... and I recall seeing someone else saying something about getting their ship ready. Apologies if this on overlooking this but did I miss something about what is actually happening in September and it being high seas related??

Also regarding the Cu Skins... so they do what?

I watched the video but that was probably a month ago now and I dont remember hearing what Cu Skins would do.
The skins, if I remember correctly will transform your Cu into a Rottie or...newfy? Or....one of the dogs that's at Blackthorns (I think I wished so hard for Newfy but I know that's not one of them lol.) But it will make your Cu look more like a dog then....whatever it is now!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The skins, if I remember correctly will transform your Cu into a Rottie or...newfy? Or....one of the dogs that's at Blackthorns (I think I wished so hard for Newfy but I know that's not one of them lol.) But it will make your Cu look more like a dog then....whatever it is now!
Ah thank you!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like they are introducing them one at a time. We do not know what impact the color of the Cu will have on the skin. Have to wait till it is on TC.

They may put a whole bunch of clickies on TC.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Looks like they are introducing them one at a time. We do not know what impact the color of the Cu will have on the skin. Have to wait till it is on TC.

They may put a whole bunch of clickies on TC.
I hope so! I am very excited about that!