• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

just an fyi....

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i was doing thr fire spawn in fel and died and my morphius epauletts remained on ma copse and decayed.... before you ask i have 500+ mill in the account and the were insured. my dress macro could not dress without when i got rezzed. yes i died sev several timers and they were just fine..

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had a weapon of mine become uninsured in fire, I believe it’s because it was in my bag and I must’ve missed when toggle item insurance on all the wildfire drops, not sure how this might happen with an epi since you would be wearing it. Perhaps you had the toggle up and clicked on paper doll or something, or was it blessed?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i was doing thr fire spawn in fel and died and my morphius epauletts remained on ma copse and decayed.... before you ask i have 500+ mill in the account and the were insured. my dress macro could not dress without when i got rezzed. yes i died sev several timers and they were just fine..
And your corpse decayed..........why ?

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
because i didnt get back to it in time. trust me i tried! 4th lvl spawn on tops of body

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have had my corose disapear from to many other bodies(guess) before i could get back to it within 2 minutes. Old code, lots of bugs, hard to reproduce.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had a weapon of mine become uninsured in fire, I believe it’s because it was in my bag and I must’ve missed when toggle item insurance on all the wildfire drops, not sure how this might happen with an epi since you would be wearing it. Perhaps you had the toggle up and clicked on paper doll or something, or was it blessed?
This, I finally gave up and started using the menu versus the individual item option. I unblessed my main weapon and my basilisk breastplate one too many times.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Often in champ spawn areas the decay of corpses timer is WAY faster than normal... so yeah it, I'm sure, decayed quite quickly.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Often in champ spawn areas the decay of corpses timer is WAY faster than normal... so yeah it, I'm sure, decayed quite quickly.
This is true for mobs, not sure it’s true for player corpses.
odds are a passing sampire scooped it up, if your corpse had been dry looted, that would increase the decay time.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is true for mobs, not sure it’s true for player corpses.
odds are a passing sampire scooped it up, if your corpse had been dry looted, that would increase the decay time.

Far as I can tell it's true for all corpses... sadly I don't have much "faith" in the coding skills... and pretty sure all corpses decay faster in a champ spawn area. At least it seems that way to me.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would like to see some evidence, the onus is on you to test and show evidence of your claims.
Without it, your opinion should be dismissed as an old wives tale.

Ensure 1 item is on your person/corpse time the decay time, repeat experiment in champ spawn area using same item on corpse, publish result here.

Last edited:

Dan(Tasanar)

Journeyman
Professional
UNLEASHED
On emulation it is coded so only the Champion spawn corpses decay faster. Most stuff is coded after at least some testing on production. It's most likely player corpses are not affected by champion spawn regions.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would agree, but bugs do happen. Items becoming uninsured, pets going wild, pets dissapearing, oddball flagging, and duping.

Free shards run on a different code. The main shards have piles of code dumped into it, from a team of over 100 coders down to 1.

Dan(Tasanar)

Journeyman
Professional
UNLEASHED
I would agree, but bugs do happen. Items becoming uninsured, pets going wild, pets dissapearing, oddball flagging, and duping.

Free shards run on a different code. The main shards have piles of code dumped into it, from a team of over 100 coders down to 1.
I understand all of that.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So, if its a hicup in the code, it becomes much harder to prove. I agree that player corpses should be unaffected by champ spawn, but i have seen otherwise.

Could be my perception, because its rare, or it could be a bug.

Dan(Tasanar)

Journeyman
Professional
UNLEASHED
Or it could be nothing at all and player corpses are not affected in champion spawn regions. All viable.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am sure it is, just like locked down items dont fall through floors, or some transfers dont leave characters in limbo, or make duplicates, or pirate manicles dont skewer ships to the sea floor making it so they cant sail.

I am sure everything works the way it is supposed to, all the time, every time.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Or it could be nothing at all and player corpses are not affected in champion spawn regions. All viable.
This seems right to me... I've killed a few "other" mobs in the spawn like lich lords or a fire element and they seem to stay much much longer than the spawn corpses. Additionally I've died several times and I've had to run a few times to the healer in Serps (entrance) and I've been able to make it back to my body without it being decayed (ie bones). I've seen many others die and their bones be there for the normal amount of time as well during the spawn.

As for OP losing their epps, that sucks but I have lost a weapon myself (and almost my conjurer trinket) by missing my insurance click and it uninsuring the other item. I got lucky I saw the trinket become uninsured which is only because I already lost my weapon by the same exact thing.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

More like it went from a team of 6 (1997) or so coders to maybe 30 (AOS Peak time) at the peak down to 1 maybe 2 coders (Now)

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well good thing this incredibly useful item can just be replaced with enough hard work.

...oh, wait.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i can confirm this issue. i died in fire fel ding champ spawn, got rezzed and dressed. when i went and opened my body, there was only my insured undead tally in it. it should of been in my pack not on body. FYI was at fire champ spawn

Last edited:

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Are you gonna pay me for my time and energy to do that? Otherwise, if it bothers you so much ... go find out for yourself.
well, according to your hypothesis, it shouldn't take hardly any time at all,
but that would only be if you were correct...

yes i'll pay, how much gold do you charge?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i can confirm this issue. i died in fire fel ding champ spawn, got rezzed and dressed. when i went and opened my body, there was only my insured undead tally in it. it should of been in my pack not on body. FYI
Did you raise this as a bug?

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
You’ll probably find the official forums only entertain genuine bugs.
there must be well over a thousand deaths per day in fel fire with no issue.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And thats why its hard to pinpoint something like this. Original code had everything drop into your corpse

Then we had some blessed stuff later, like spell and runebooks, there were still issues then, but have been worked out now.

Now with insurance, people assume you ran out of money, or misclicked. It could be packet loss of the insurance/bless tag at the point of death, could be a little hicup from compounded code, or anything else.

There are times at em events where i have opened a player corpse and looted stuff from them. I cant see why someone woukd bring a character in the thieves guikd to an em event.

And there are times where my pets attack blue players and pets and summons in tram, but that isnt supposed yo happen either.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've drank the spaghetti code koolaid for years but even new things are buggy can't blame old code there can we?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've drank the spaghetti code koolaid for years but even new things are buggy can't blame old code there can we?
Technically you can... as sometimes it uses engines that already exist... so you are just slapping buggy code onto something "new"...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Almost everything in uo goes back to RNG... and we all know how spotty that is
Spotty... streaky... broken. We never did far as I know get the "fix" that was supposedly being made for that.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Are you actually claiming there is a problem with one of the RNGs, if so which one?
I’d be interested to see your evidence for this as MIT have always found it difficult to prove a problem with any RNG.

look forward to reading your research paper.

Or shall I just add this to your baseless allegations?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Insurance problems have been raised since day 1 of insurance.
I've been playing since day 1 of insurance and I've never had a problem...ever. Some people refuse to think they are wrong in what they've done so even if they did actually mis-click something unintended they would chalk it up to a bug bc OBVIOUSLY they wouldn't uninsure SSI Eps... Additionally some people use 3rd party programs / scripts they are not 100% familiar with and those scripts have bugs or unintended results... but it's easier to blame the developers rather than themselves.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
How about having a 100 lrc suit on and still failing. Thats a display error? Or rounding error?
How about you prove that it isnt.

If i remember, draconi was investigating, and left before he could give us his findings.
Never witnessed this message, cast 1000s of spells every day. Never heard of anyone ever experiencing this.

and to add on to what Kevin just said above, a guild mate did drop his whole suit in fire but he was running about 100 illegal scripts on an illegal client…

This thread started off badly and as with most threads that Malagaste chimes in on, has ended up in lala land.

Last edited:

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been playing since day 1 of insurance and I've never had a problem...ever. Some people refuse to think they are wrong in what they've done so even if they did actually mis-click something unintended they would chalk it up to a bug bc OBVIOUSLY they wouldn't uninsure SSI Eps... Additionally some people use 3rd party programs / scripts they are not 100% familiar with and those scripts have bugs or unintended results... but it's easier to blame the developers rather than themselves.
So your sample of one is valid for all players. Thats an interesting statistical point of view.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Draconi said he was working on the issues with the RNG and found the problem but was let go before he could improve on it and fix it.

And all we got was the Mesanna world tour when she toke over.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I always splurge the tiny amount for a clothing bless deed for those expensive cloth items. Never have to worry again.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I always splurge the tiny amount for a clothing bless deed for those expensive cloth items. Never have to worry again.
There is a know issue with blessed items staying on body as well.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i've experienced all the bugs mentioned here... spells that fail due to lack of reagents when wearing a 100 lrc suit (albeit that was in the early days when lrc was new). blessed items staying on my corpse. i lost an ethy unicorn after dying. i can only guess it stayed on my corpse and decayed.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This thread reminds me of this lady at an event on Siege. I looted her weapon after she died and she was in GC swearing up and down that it was Siege blessed (it wasn't, I know because I was going to disarm steal it once I had everyone else's packs snooped). She swore she would never come back to Siege and the usual blah blah blah. Everyone was so friendly offering her a free replacement weapon but she was just so angry at the time she wouldn't accept help. I of course didn't say anything until now because that's just the kind of guy I am. I wonder what ever happened to her. I never saw her again.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So your sample of one is valid for all players. Thats an interesting statistical point of view.
My sample of one? This is across multiple toons over multiple accounts over multiple shard over the course of 20 years. The flip side of what you are arguing is the sample size of everyone else over the same period with maybe 2 dozen or so claims... none of which can be reproduced with any sort of intent in 20 years. Add to that the fact that user error / illegal programs or scripts also would explain some of those... So .002% of the time it happens (maybe) compared to me saying it's never happened to me. Sorry I'm so far off statistically lol.

This thread reminds me of this lady at an event on Siege. I looted her weapon after she died and she was in GC swearing up and down that it was Siege blessed (it wasn't, I know because I was going to disarm steal it once I had everyone else's packs snooped). She swore she would never come back to Siege and the usual blah blah blah. Everyone was so friendly offering her a free replacement weapon but she was just so angry at the time she wouldn't accept help. I of course didn't say anything until now because that's just the kind of guy I am. I wonder what ever happened to her. I never saw her again.
It was probably @Arcus and now he's here to explain statistics to us.