• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Bad Luck or ?

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm trying to make some elemental damage glaives. I've burned through 4 shadow runics and 2 dull cooper runics. It feels like I'm better off with shadow runic as I did get 2 100% energy damage glaives, but I was also looking to get some 100% cold and 100% fire damage glaives as well.
Now before anyone says "it's totally random", I get that ;)
What I'm trying to understand is do I have the right settings on my runics. I have Powerful/ Grand Artifice/Inspired Artifice selected with the name Exquisite/ of Quality
Is this correct? or do I need to select different settings?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that's the right settings, but somehow throwing weapons seem really hard to get 100% elemental. I've not actually checked, but is there a wider range of other properties for ranged weapons, dropping the percentage chance? I know I got 'velocity' when I tried for both throwing and archery weapons.
[edit]
I looked it up, that is the problem. Reforging for equisite of quality gives these properties:
Durability, Lower Requirements,Elemental Damage, Mage Weapon, Velocity (ranged weapons)
So when you're reforging bows or throwing weapons there's an extra property in the mix, making it harder to get the one you want [edit]

Last edited:

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just keep burning through them. You’ll get what you want eventually. Your settings are right.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you
I did get a crazy number of velocity. I was talking with a friend earlier, he used the same settings I posted above and got fire, cold, energy. About 12 in total, the way it sounded. So it was just bad luck for me, lol.
I’ll need to get more hammers before I can try again.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Soul glaives are good - they are blacksmithing ones. Ancient hammer from bod rewards helps.
You need 60+fire
70+ cold
80+ energy.
All those you can enhance with copper agapite and bronze to get to 100%
Just need to hold 60+blacksmith hammer in hand to improve your chances to do it without breaking an item.
It is pretty hard to get real 100% elemental. I cannot imagine how lucky are guys selling tons of 100% poison weapon. Or how many runics they burn.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Thank you
I did get a crazy number of velocity. I was talking with a friend earlier, he used the same settings I posted above and got fire, cold, energy. About 12 in total, the way it sounded. So it was just bad luck for me, lol.
I’ll need to get more hammers before I can try again.
The RNG is your best friend or your worst enemy and you never know which will show up, I always expect the worse so I get surprised when it works out.