• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dear Mesanna and dev teams, you wont learn!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Even with good PC, the EM events are still laggy when everyone comes. It does not appear to be dependent on your PC's speed or quality as much as you think. Its a combination of the server sw/hw, and much more the code that the uo code is written, sadly. So that even with top quality PC and top ISP speeds, you will still get lag when 20-50 people attend these events.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Even with good PC, the EM events are still laggy when everyone comes. It does not appear to be dependent on your PC's speed or quality as much as you think. Its a combination of the server sw/hw, and much more the code that the uo code is written, sadly. So that even with top quality PC and top ISP speeds, you will still get lag when 20-50 people attend these events.
Yea this seems to be the case for me. I have a 3 year old mid level XPS with 300 mbps internet (usually clock in around 170-200mbps during primetime) and ping around 12-15 on average so while it's not some crazy gaming machine it's also not too shabby and I have zero issues doing anything else in the game.

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I respect each person's opinion here. I myself have had nothing but great experiences with the staff at UO. As for GM's, they have popped in on me occasionally, I suspect when they thought I was scripting, then after a hello and this and that, they made off. Wish they would have stayed a little longer so that I could have gotten a screenshot and a story. Anyway, there you have it.

Last edited:

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately I am MORE that familiar with the person the OP is talking about, and if you looked up Pancakes-hole in the dictionary his multiple characters would be an entry!
He's also widely know as McLovin. He's a know scammer. He was involved in the harassment of my sister and 2 1/2 day blockade of our Luna Library. I have a collection of lovely screen shots if anyone want to see them. Sadly with screen shots, and 3/4 of the Legends population paging it took MESANNA ALMOST THREE DAYS TO DO ANYTHING! It was a 100% violation of the ROC/TOS. After all that, and Mesanna still didn't have the testicular fortitude to ban the guild in question. Even after one of their number told Mesanna " YOU CAN NOT DO ANYTHING TO ME!" and "YOU CAN'T TOUCH ME AND HAVE NO RIGHT TO!" Instead MY SISTER was threaten with a permaban over the "F Bomb"!?!?! Like I have said before we have the The Best Dev Team Money Can Buy!

Kuru

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’m a little confused as to why anyone would contact Mesanna directly over griefing to begin with.. that’s like asking to speak to the Walmart store manager because your grill rang up $299 instead of the $289 the price tag said.. There are GM’s for a reason.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’m a little confused as to why anyone would contact Mesanna directly over griefing to begin with.. that’s like asking to speak to the Walmart store manager because your grill rang up $299 instead of the $289 the price tag said.. There are GM’s for a reason.
I can't speak for the OP, but in our case. We had paged a GM- multiple times. Multiple players Legends had paged. This guild had blocked the entire front of our Luna Library. It was STUPID because it started when Sis and I banned one of their guild for UMing. Then another of their guild DEMANDS I that sell them the Luna Library. The answer was no its not for sale. So then they berated us and generally acted like they needed their nappies changed and put down for a nap. Then they gathered their WHOLE GUILD and started blocking access to our Luna Library. Not only did they have their guild but they all brought pets to block with too. Then they started throwing trapped boxes full of trapped boxes. Like some sort of demented Matryoshkas from hell. We figured they'd tire themselves out, get bored, and leave. NOPE! They persisted for almost 3 days. We ended up banning THIRTEEN PLAYERS from the Luna Library all from that guild. They were dumping junk every where, running the house teleport to the Ranger of the Abyss house out of charges( we had just filled it to capacity).

We wrote Mesanna after this guild had continued their activities for over 24 hours and no GM had responded. No GM EVER responded the whole time. Jirel and I decided to log out. After they were still there the next day we decide to log and remain logged out until they left. Problem was they were creating lag and a nuisance in Luna. Sis and I had people contacting us through ICQ, Facebook, PMs here and then the final insult the harassing guild POSTED a screenshot of their handy work bragging. We wrote Mesanna a second email imploring her to do something along with a copy of the screenshot they posted as well as a link to their post on the official forums.

That's why not only us but other people as well emailed her about it.

Last edited:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i have to wonder why you are lagging on a 20 year old game. a decent (500$) pc off amazon, and dsl should be fine at em events. if you have faster internet than basic dsl, you shouldn't have to much of a problem till the main bosses(with the exception of atl).
"Lag" isn't because of the customer these days. Unless we're talking satellite users in the boonies or someone on free dialup for their city.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna herself is telling people all day long to email her over every minor thing. Need a rare dyed? The producer has your back!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really shocked that the GMs would not help Luc and sister....

Amazing what acting like an adult when they show up will do. I've never had a page left open for more than 30 mins.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't speak for the OP, but in our case. We had paged a GM- multiple times. Multiple players Legends had paged. This guild had blocked the entire front of our Luna Library. It was STUPID because it started when Sis and I banned one of their guild for UMing. Then another of their guild DEMANDS I that sell them the Luna Library. The answer was no its not for sale. So then they berated us and generally acted like they needed their nappies changed and put down for a nap. Then they gathered their WHOLE GUILD and started blocking access to our Luna Library. Not only did they have their guild but they all brought pets to block with too. Then they started throwing trapped boxes full of trapped boxes. Like some sort of dement Matryoshkas from hell. We figured they'd tire themselves out, get bored and leave. NOPE! They persisted for almost 3 days. We ended up banning THIRTEEN PLAYERS from the Luna Library all from that guild. They were dumping junk every where, running the house teleport to the Ranger of the Abyss house out of charges( we had just filled it to capacity).

We wrote Mesanna after this guild had continued their activities for over 24 hours and no GM had responded. No GM EVER responded the whole time. Jirel and I decided to log out. After they were still there the next we decide to log and remain logged out until they left. Problem was they were creating lag and a nuisance in Luna. Sis and I had people contacting us through ICQ, Facebook, PMs here and then the final insult they POSTED a screenshot of their handy work bragging. We wrote Mesanna a second email imploring her to do something along with a copy of the screenshot they posted as well as a link to their post on the official forums.

That's why not only us but other people as well emailed her about it.

The only way to get Mesanna to do anything is to have a majority of your shard involved. All the players paging and emailing the same thing as Luc did is what got Mesanna's attention, and few of us grumbling won't do anything.

Had the same issue with an EM a while back, he was a turd. Came on shard, told our largest guild they would have to change their meeting night for his weekly story events. Was doing a wedding for a couple , re-arranged their layout to suit himself, and then, knowing we all had on custom made clothing, at the end of it spawned some stronger than normal demons...yeah mages were useless without LRC armor on, etc etc. And there's lots more, but I aint gonna write a novel unless yall are paying :p

We raised hell, everyone did. And then one night she called everyone to the hall, and asked about it. Basically we told her we were done with events and wouldn't support that EM ever, under any circumstances. He was replaced with a GREAT EM, and we never heard of him again.

But one or two players hollering for help, will definitely be ignored. Need 2/3 or so of the whole shard protesting and emailing to even get her to look at it

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because the current producer of UO is little more than a glorified customer service rep.(GM):(

The only way to get Mesanna to do anything is to have a majority of your shard involved. All the players paging and emailing the same thing as Luc did is what got Mesanna's attention, and few of us grumbling won't do anything.

Had the same issue with an EM a while back, he was a turd. Came on shard, told our largest guild they would have to change their meeting night for his weekly story events. Was doing a wedding for a couple , re-arranged their layout to suit himself, and then, knowing we all had on custom made clothing, at the end of it spawned some stronger than normal demons...yeah mages were useless without LRC armor on, etc etc. And there's lots more, but I aint gonna write a novel unless yall are paying :p

We raised hell, everyone did. And then one night she called everyone to the hall, and asked about it. Basically we told her we were done with events and wouldn't support that EM ever, under any circumstances. He was replaced with a GREAT EM, and we never heard of him again.

But one or two players hollering for help, will definitely be ignored. Need 2/3 or so of the whole shard protesting and emailing to even get her to look at it
First, name calling is a bit childish. From someone like you, it's expected behavior.

Let's get some facts straight.

The EM you are referring to did not tell anyone they had to change their meeting night. The EM you are referring to actually held voting regarding event times in Britain, announced well in advance. Plenty of players attended and cast their votes to decide the best time(s). This is how the event schedule was determined.

The wedding you refer to was not re-arranged to suit the EM. The wedding decor was arranged at the request of involved player. Additionally monsters were spawned only after asking the involved player and receiving permission.

Not everyone raised hell.
TMC raised hell from multiple email addresses.

To say you never heard from him again is not only a major understatement but shows how truly ignorant you are.

Honestly if the events weren't sufficient, I don't understand why the story line that EM created was continued whatsoever by the new great EM.

If herding more players than your guild will ever have to places like Outlands, Hybrid ect. was the goal of TMC, then I believe you were very successful.

Become more informed and work through this problem that seems to be bothering you for almost a decade.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i have to wonder why you are lagging on a 20 year old game. a decent (500$) pc off amazon, and dsl should be fine at em events. if you have faster internet than basic dsl, you shouldn't have to much of a problem till the main bosses(with the exception of atl).
Not even remotely true. I have a 1GB synchronous Internet connection and about $7k in to my computer. I run every game on the market on max settings flawlessly. Yet I go to an EM event and it's client crashes and random bouts of lag. It's the servers that have an issue.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Not even remotely true. I have a 1GB synchronous Internet connection and about $7k in to my computer. I run every game on the market on max settings flawlessly. Yet I go to an EM event and it's client crashes and random bouts of lag. It's the servers that have an issue.
Agree. Its a problem with graphics processing in UO. Not on ISP speed etc. But there are times when the ISP modems "hickup", then you temp. lose connection, and grey robes. Its usually a sign you have to "reset" modem (turn it off 10 seconds, then on again easiest way). But this will not take out any EM event lag at all, esp when lots of flappies are there.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
For the OP:
The offender is a known scumball in the game. Sooo :
If any of his comments were sexually oriented or race oriented against you, do they fall under the categories of TOS violation? If so, and you want to raise cane about this, and you did not participate in the mud slinging, you may want to address this as: SEXUAL HARASSMENT or RACIAL? Usually this will shake up the Devs for pretty quick response, esp. if you have evidence to show of the offense, and not just words he said she said etc?
Wtf you want the Devs todo? They hear this crap 50 times a day. Produce evidence.
Did you ever try Eve on Line? League of Legends? Any other MMOS to see the piles of trash being tossed around in public channels?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Im not so sure its server side. It MUST BE your isp then, and the route it takes. Most people tend to start having issues when mutliple effects are used, as well as any item movement(talks to server then server to everyone) with the exception of atl, i have no issues till bosses. Trace your route, and maybe switch isp if you see a problem. With modern speeds there is no reason anyone in the us should have issues unless its intentional throttling by isp(and they do)

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For the OP:
The offender is a known scumball in the game. Sooo :
If any of his comments were sexually oriented or race oriented against you, do they fall under the categories of TOS violation? If so, and you want to raise cane about this, and you did not participate in the mud slinging, you may want to address this as: SEXUAL HARASSMENT or RACIAL? Usually this will shake up the Devs for pretty quick response, esp. if you have evidence to show of the offense, and not just words he said she said etc?
Wtf you want the Devs todo? They hear this crap 50 times a day. Produce evidence.
Did you ever try Eve on Line? League of Legends? Any other MMOS to see the piles of trash being tossed around in public channels?
This.
And quitting the game on account of being "harassed" is BS. Voice your complain the right way and to the right channels, and you can bet the offender will get booted out.
There are OTHER reasons some of the services need improvement, and they should try to invest some effort/time to correct these.
Agree that there are some toxic individuals in the game, but you can try nailing them when they cross the line, if you do it the right way. Not by advertising threats that you are quitting the game on account of this bologni.:pancakes:

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im not so sure its server side. It MUST BE your isp then, and the route it takes. Most people tend to start having issues when mutliple effects are used, as well as any item movement(talks to server then server to everyone) with the exception of atl, i have no issues till bosses. Trace your route, and maybe switch isp if you see a problem. With modern speeds there is no reason anyone in the us should have issues unless its intentional throttling by isp(and they do)
EM Events tend to take place in small areas. The mass number of people fighting/casting/whatever creates the lag despite a good system and connection. This isn't my post. I came across it a few days ago on Reddit but I think it fits here:

One of the most important checks a server has to do is to verify whether players are colliding with each other, or the environment, or are aimed right for weapons fire, etc. Because these checks are computationally expensive, we resort to clever tricks to avoid having to do them for everything in the world every time.

One trick is to partition your world. Take your game map, and divide it into four quadrants. If two players are in the same quadrant, you know you have to look closer to see if they're colliding. But if one player is completely in quadrant 1, and another is completely in quadrant 4, you can skip that check because you know there's no way they can be physically touching.

But say two players are both in quadrant 1. Well, you can also subdivide quadrant 1 into four quadrants! 1a, 1b, 1c, and 1d. Now similarly, if both players are in 1a, you need to look closer. But if one is in 1a and another in 1d, you can skip checking them. You keep doing this until the quadrants become so small that further partitioning isn't very useful.

Another benefit with this approach is parallel computation. For example, you can have one server thread or process running the check on everyone in quadrant 1, and a separate process running it on everyone in quadrant 4. They can do this independently because you know you don't ever have to compare anyone across these quadrants.

Trouble is, if EVERY player is in tiniest quadrant 1a-iii., now you're back to having to directly compare every character to every other character in the most expensive way possible, and there's no super easy or cheap ways to parallelize that computation. And that's when your server hardware starts to choke.

This example is only about collision. But the point is, there are probably 9-10 different places in MMO server development where we conceptually take similar shortcuts -- even down to simple things like just how much data a server can physically upload to players over its network card at once -- which rely on the assumption that not everyone is in exactly the same place.
edit: A link for anyone interested in reading more; On MMORPGs, how can a server laglessly handle thousands of players across the entire game world, but experiences problems when lots of players are in one place?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's their servers. Everyone playing other online games besides UO knows this.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah, i play many other games. CoD is one where you notice lag, even at 32 ping, someone with 10 wins. And issues in FFxiv with lag and all the dodge the aoes, the attack can kill you half way across the screen even when you were out of it.

It must be their servers, not the connection.
(Mind you, any modern mmo now uses instances so they dont have these issues)

But, before laying the blame squarely on them, run a trace route and find out. It could be a quick fix by calling your isp with info about it.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I doubt it's my ISP. I play many games far more taxing than UO and never have an issue. Funny how a lot of other people lag like crazy and experience client crashes at the same time during EM events. Kind of rules out an issue on my end. I've had three different ISP's since buying my house and I have the same issue at EM events. Not to mention I moved to a completely different state across the country and I still have the same issue. That would lead me to believe it's something on their end.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Cork I had a lot of bad lag at EM events and the only thing that helped was to turn all chat off during events. The multi-boxers spamming chiv spells was maybe one reason we had trouble and we played the EC so I made a chat tab that filtered out everything, it did help a lot, also I had to turn off the particle effects which were killer and caused crashes. I have a pretty decent PC, we replace them every few years and my husband builds them himself, our connection is over 300 Mbps with a low ping, so it wasn't us.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just do a tracert and you can see where the issue is. The trouble is... there's nothing you can do with the information except confirm there is latency before reaching UO servers or at UO servers. For me, it's before UO servers. For a game like WoW or service like Youtube... they are the ones that bought and built the infrastructure you go to for the most part from a lot of major hubs in the US. UO uses a ISP servers and some are **** and need to be rebooted. You can try to call, but help is definitely going to take a while if at all.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And finally some sees what i am saying.

The issue may be the servers themselves, or it coukd be somewhere else.
Yes, many people have issues, but many do not, so how do you explain it? Must be the server right?

varek

Visitor
hello MaryForUo
i totally agree with you. there aren’t sincere service in UO anymore.

sometime before, my one character followed to other character by ALT+Rclick.
then maybe somebody called GM for he thought i did multi boxing. i played 30 minutes and log out, then just didn’t log in.
Dispute Team gave me email and they said my account was terminated because multi boxing...
so i sent back email few times, told them about just following by ALT+Rclick, or give me evidence of termination.
but never answer.
(sorry about my poor english)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@varek Unfortunately our producer struggles with the difference between multi-client, multi-box and the built-in follow mode, although that option seems to only be available in the CC, my husband and I couldn't get it to work in the EC. If you had gone to an EM event and run some script to move 6 identical characters all at once you would have been fine, but using the built-in follow mode obviously made you look like you were up to no good, I know, it just doesn't make sense to me either! :(

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
hello MaryForUo
i totally agree with you. there aren’t sincere service in UO anymore.

sometime before, my one character followed to other character by ALT+Rclick.
then maybe somebody called GM for he thought i did multi boxing. i played 30 minutes and log out, then just didn’t log in.
Dispute Team gave me email and they said my account was terminated because multi boxing...
so i sent back email few times, told them about just following by ALT+Rclick, or give me evidence of termination.
but never answer.
(sorry about my poor english)
It sounds like the GM who did this to you is a NOOB, or does even play the game at all, or is 100% oblivious to normal game mechanics. What they did to you really sucks. Also English as a foreign language is not a crime at all, and they should NOT discriminate against you for it. I would drop a not or two to the main Dev, and if no response to EA/BS complaint department as a prejudicial and unjustified act against you! But you must complain otherwise nothing will happen.:rant2:
Also out of curiosity : Is your account EJ?

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It sounds like the GM who did this to you is a NOOB, or does even play the game at all, or is 100% oblivious to normal game mechanics. What they did to you really sucks. Also English as a foreign language is not a crime at all, and they should NOT discriminate against you for it. I would drop a not or two to the main Dev, and if no response to EA/BS complaint department as a prejudicial and unjustified act against you! But you must complain otherwise nothing will happen.:rant2:
Also out of curiosity : Is your account EJ?
Her message did not say they discriminated or treated her differently because of poor English. You are reading it incorrectly.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It would have been harder for them to defend themselves if they were trying to speak a language they were not so confident with, I think the whole thing is a disgrace. GMs should be a lot more competent, there is no way a GM should think auto-follow is multi-boxing and why was the word of another player taken as proof anyway? God knows when sent actual proof in the form of video or screenshots they usually don't do a damn thing! :mad:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So now the team is at fault because someone can't communicate efficiently to them? That's their fault too? Ya'll are ridiculous sometimes.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So now the team is at fault because someone can't communicate efficiently to them? That's their fault too? Ya'll are ridiculous sometimes.
They need to learn to communicate with them then. They have no damned problems taking their money...seems that's the only communication that matters, right?

If you're gonna do business with nonEnglish as a first language peeps, then you need to be ready to hire someone who can communicate.

But with this team, and the one right before it, communication, even in English, isn't a strong point at all

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They need to learn to communicate with them then. They have no damned problems taking their money...seems that's the only communication that matters, right?

If you're gonna do business with nonEnglish as a first language peeps, then you need to be ready to hire someone who can communicate.

But with this team, and the one right before it, communication, even in English, isn't a strong point at all
That makes sense, but she was speaking in English. If I ask someone for help and don't explain what I need help with, it's not their fault when I don't get help with what I need.

varek

Visitor
>>celticus
actually i felt about discrimination a bit about their treat, like they think they don’t need to communicate with me because asian can’t speak english so well. so i wrote it in my email. and no answer.

and yes the following account was EJ account.
so that GM deleted it casually i think.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
>>celticus
actually i felt about discrimination a bit about their treat, like they think they don’t need to communicate with me because asian can’t speak english so well. so i wrote it in my email. and no answer.

and yes the following account was EJ account.
so that GM deleted it casually i think.
Exactly. They think Oh its just an EJ non-paying account, so who cares. That is a dead wrong way to think. One negative experience like this leads to more negatives, and the OP NOT subscribing to such irresponsible administration, who do not even know their own game mechanics! Unfair is unfair. Brings not anything good for the game, and they should warn their GMs about this and have them get evidence, real evidence about TOS violations, not just another players word, who may have an axe to grind.
I guess the Devs do not know what negative advertising is maybe.:mad: This is bad for the game.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
have them get evidence, real evidence about TOS violations, not just another players word, who may have an axe to grind.
You realize that you have absolutely no evidence that this player is telling us the whole story, right? I'm not saying that they are lying, but who knows, there seems to be a lot of players out there who have an axe to grind as well. I guess it's easy for people to believe what they want to believe, GMs and random people on the internet alike.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Exactly. They think Oh its just an EJ non-paying account, so who cares. That is a dead wrong way to think. One negative experience like this leads to more negatives, and the OP NOT subscribing to such irresponsible administration, who do not even know their own game mechanics! Unfair is unfair. Brings not anything good for the game, and they should warn their GMs about this and have them get evidence, real evidence about TOS violations, not just another players word, who may have an axe to grind.
I guess the Devs do not know what negative advertising is maybe.:mad: This is bad for the game.
Mesanna never seemed to like the idea of free to play UO. But when DAoC went free to play, she had no choice but to follow along with UO. God knows who made the call, but surely not her. For her it's not about the game or the community but just keeping her job afloat a couple more years. You're account can be 20 years old, the second it goes EJ it becomes worthless to Broadsword. Keep an eye on UO.com next month for more exciting cliff hangers :bdh:

Last edited:

PoiZ-Ivy

Adventurer
would that not depend on is isp which shard he is connecting to, how far away from the shard he is,
not to mention the amount of people scripting for honor on boss, scripting with more that one account so
their players hit same target same time, the events are BS !
you can heal ress do damage and not get looting rights, unless you play a samp tamer or sw
being forced to play 3 temps, its not evenly played, people can do fields show a better way to help other
players and this is not taken into consideration, same people getting drops over and over is pointless

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have 25 latency to drachenfels server and I still lag its not my pc or isp, its the game, only happens at events,
Exactly. I'm running anywhere from 20ms to 25ms latency and no packet loss when I'm playing. According to the "run a tracert" crowd, somewhere on the Internet breaks only when there is an event in UO lol. I used to do traces in the past but stopped doing them when I kept finding no dropped packets or high latency at any of the hops in between. I still find it funny though when people private messaging me telling me how to run a tracert and what it means. I've been working in IT for 35 years and manage enterprise datacenters that span across global geographical locations. And I have my Cisco CCNP, VMware VCP-DCV, VCP-NV, and AWS advanced networking certs. I'm sure there are quite a few IT people that play this game that are capable of figuring out if it's their local setup, ISP, or somewhere in between that is having the issue.