• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Begging gains

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm trying to train begging and I'm stuck at 72, where to go from here? I'm not gaining in heartwood or ter mur. I did buy some SOT's but there's not enough so I'll be saving them for near the end, any help would be much appreciated.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There's really no *good* place to gain...you just have to keep at it. I HATED training begging..almost as much as I hated training taming!

You are in the best places as there are many NPC's to beg from, running around Ter Mur moongate utilizing the refugees is how i finally got mine to GM just running around smashing my macro.

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, thanks. This is going to be a pain in the arse. :D

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I finished in the "mage" city inside of the mountain(can't recall the name). I found the healers got my guy to GM, it took a few days and there wasn't a easier option.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I finished in the "mage" city inside of the mountain(can't recall the name). I found the healers got my guy to GM, it took a few days and there wasn't a easier option.
Wind, that is a good place too but you have to have....75? 65? Magery to enter.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I trained mine at Heartwood.
when I saw I wasn't getting gains I would go to Zento (Tokuno Islands, middle moongate)
or switch to another char and come back in an hour or two.

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you all, sorry I didn't realize I had got more replies! :)

I'm at level 95.6 and stuck now, I'll try wind next.

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I don't have enough magery to enter this character in Wind. Ugh! I also can't get any npc to repsond in Zento, they're all just unwilling.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used wind due to it's reasonable element of my falling asleep and my toon "manages" to beg all night but I never felt it was faster than any other place.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
one thing about doing it in Heartwood,
there is a trash can in there.
just throw away all of your begging items down there

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Alrighty, I'll probably end up looking for more sot's over the next few months.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I made a macro to target closest use skill begging, then hired 30 fighters from the pits in jehlom and dropped them off in a tiny room of my house, and jammed a penny in the keyboard. From 30 to gm in about 8 hours.

Just have to stop and dump gold.

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow, I would have never thought of that. I'm willing to try anything at this point, thanks!