• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bladeweave

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Lately I've been making/testing out what you might call non-ideal pets. So I built a Cu with Bladewave and poison. When I trained bladeweave it charged 500 TP and listed Bushido in the training menu, which I know is the passive version. It gave my Cu 40 Bushido but he also started gaining Ninjitsu (started at 0). Why Ninjitsu? It didn't charge me for it in the training menu. Both skills seem to be raising pretty slow, even with whisper.

Here's some general observations so far:
-After training on Gregorio for about 5 minutes Bleed disappeared from the lore screen, which I expected from reading other peoples posts about it.
-Mana drain is very low. 500 mana on a pet trained like this is way overkill; haven't seen it drop below 450. Granted the Cu only has around 70 wrestling right now so that could change, but with 30 mana regen he's nearly always topped off on mana. He would be fine with only 100 mana and 30 mana regen.
-Seems to use poison more than bladeweave so far.

Will update when skills are higher. Please let me know if any of you have much experience with bladeweave.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It always gave the pet increasing Ninja.

Some of the abilities require Ninja or Bushido. They increase in both.

upload_2019-4-18_0-1-16.png

Bleed disappears when the pet uses the bladeweave bleed and the timer runs out.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The question then is, can you take bushido for 1 point, and get WW?...

Could you take Fww, as an aoe, bladeweave to get rid of bleed, and get bush for 1?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The question then is, can you take bushido for 1 point, and get WW?...

Could you take Fww, as an aoe, bladeweave to get rid of bleed, and get bush for 1?
Cu's can't get full Bushido or Ninjitsu as thet aren't Tokuno natives.

On a native pet, like a Hiryu, you can train abilities that come with passive magics, like Bladeweave, Feint, etc. and then activate the full magic for 1 point (since you already paid for Bushido/Ninjitsu). In the case of Bushido, it will still add Whirlwind Attack as well as activate the Bushido moves.

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Well I got this Cu up to GM wrestling. He still rarely uses bladeweave, he's at max mana nearly all the time. Bush/Ninja raises very slow due to him rarely using the skills. Super lame.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I got this Cu up to GM wrestling. He still rarely uses bladeweave, he's at max mana nearly all the time. Bush/Ninja raises very slow due to him rarely using the skills. Super lame.
That's why I never put it on any pet. Used it on a weapon years ago. It sux there also.

Never hurts to try things for yourself on disposable pet.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
That's why I never put it on any pet. Used it on a weapon years ago. It sux there also.

Never hurts to try things for yourself on disposable pet.
In the past I've advised people not to use it, because just on paper logic tells you it's not a good idea, but now I can say from personal experience that it's terrible both on paper and in game. On a side note the Cu seems to gain poison skill very fast.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Bumping this thread. I've been training a tiger that has bladeweave.
The gains in ninjutsu / bushido is so slow it makes me rather wanna stare at paint dry.

Did anyone find a good way to raise bladeweave pets?
Only other skill it has is grasping claws which works great btw. Debuffs the **** out of any boss phys resistance, makes cora into a little pancake and just generally fcks up monsters I fight.

Gossamer Moonfly

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Just gotta let the pet grind away at something using all the specials and hit whisper every 20 minutes for hours on end. Watch movies whilst waiting and have some chocolate.

My bladeweave Cu is up to 66.4 Bushido and 95.5 Ninjitsu.

Bushido is really really slow to gain.

Try Gregorio or slimes in underworld.

Edit - fixed values and spelling errors

Last edited:

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah it's amazingly slow for a skill that is at most situational and kinda meh.
But damn, is it gonna be bragging rights to the ones in the know lol.

Gossamer Moonfly

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
About 6 hours tonight on Gregorio, while watching youtube and dreaming/browsing a new ryzen pc, and my Bladeweave Cu is now Bushido - 73.2 and Ninjitsu - 103.0.
Both skills scrolled to 120.

Night

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know its not popular but I really like Bladeweave on Cu's with Mysticism, you have to make a few compromises to stats which is usually what puts people off now it costs 500 points. I was lucky enough to train a few Cu's when it was only 100 points and those Cu's are my favourites. Not knowing what special will proc is kind of fun and if you watch/listen closely enough you'll swear the Cu is sometimes selecting the special for the situation (completely untrue of course but its fun pretending).

From a training perspective its almost 100% necessary to train passive Ninjitsu / Bushido before you add any magic skill or other specials otherwise it takes for-ev-er to raise. The damage bonus is reasonable when they are raised though.

I would suggest trying all pet and special combos, some are really fun (Chiv / FWW, Myst / BW etc) and there are a few hidden treasures out there.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I feel like Bladeweave is bugged though. It doesnt use BW as frequent as AI, mana is almost always full on pure BW pets.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bladeweave on Pets has 2 Modes Offensive and Defensive. You can change the Mode of Bladeweave if you have UO Assist and we have only been able to see this menu on a Mountable pet. "you have to make a macro with uoassist , that mount your cu sidhe, and as you are mounting it, you left one-click it "

1611258619456.png

It defaults in Defensive mode. That is why is does AI and the other offensive specials infrequently.
It will stay in the mode so someone can change it and give you the pet.

Gossamer Moonfly

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
So Lex's Cu's Bushido is raising faster than Ninjutsu and my Cu is the opposite... Is Lex's Cu is set to offensive?

I'm using EC so I haven't set the defensive/offensive mode for my Cu.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So Lex's Cu's Bushido is raising faster than Ninjutsu and my Cu is the opposite... Is Lex's Cu is set to offensive?

I'm using EC so I haven't set the defensive/offensive mode for my Cu.
They all start in defensive mode and stay till someone changes it.

Sound like his is also using defensive spells since he thinks bladeweave does not work properly.
It is difficult to see some of the defensive ones.
Also a lot of the bladeweave spells do nothing.

No idea why y'all are wasting time with it.

Gossamer Moonfly

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
No idea why y'all are wasting time with it.
You made a post about these pets a while ago and it looked interesting. Thought I'd give it a go.

I can't play much as my pinky finger on my right hand is swollen so it's difficult to operate the mouse. Slowly setting up my bard and tamer at Gregorio is fine and I just click whisper every 20 minutes whilst watching YouTube or movies.

Prior to getting my sore hand this Cu has been fun at spawns and other hunts and his fww is getting better as Ninjutsu rises.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You made a post about these pets a while ago and it looked interesting. Thought I'd give it a go.

I can't play much as my pinky finger on my right hand is swollen so it's difficult to operate the mouse. Slowly setting up my bard and tamer at Gregorio is fine and I just click whisper every 20 minutes whilst watching YouTube or movies.

Prior to getting my sore hand this Cu has been fun at spawns and other hunts and his fww is getting better as Ninjutsu rises.
Get some Tritons you can make all kinds of things with them.

Nothing wrong with trying stuff with disposable pets. Just dont put Bladeweave on a 760 str WW.

Gossamer Moonfly

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Can't bring myself to having those ugly things thank you very much.

I'm also having fun with my
Mystic AI Cu for spawns
Magery Mastery AI Cu for pirate hunting
Spell Weaving AI Cu for general hunting
Chiv AI Cu full 120's for one on one hunts
Disco AI Cu for a new tamer fighter I'm going to make.
And a Feint Cu that is disappointing so tamed an excellent stated Saurosaurus instead for tanking annoying spawn bosses.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Oh I wont put BW willingly on any pet as it is now.
I got a rescue tiger from a friend that Im just skilling in my spare time between client orders.

I know about the offensive/defensive mode, but havent been able to change it on it since it's not ridable.
Not sure if it can be forced somehow though.
@Pawain

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think it is something the devs put in but did not finish it. Since you can't just click the pet. I don't know how to access the menu on non mounts.