• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Was I lucky with this Triton?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, very nice Triton. High Wrest, high Resist, max Energy Resist, and 190+ DEX (max movement speed). I have one with 129.4 Wrest/189.7 Resist, but he doesn't have max Energy Resist or 190+ DEX. Makes for a great 120 Chiv+AI build. He still has enough TP left to 120 all of his skills, just need the PS for it.
Poseidon.PNG

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Makes for a great 120 Chiv+AI build.
Yup. If the start Str is 200 or more you could make other options that include a passive magic also, but anything over 125 wrestling makes a great AI/Chiv Triton. They cast remove curse and cure and keep hitting as soon they get hit with one of those so IMO the resist is not that important on them because they are all above 150. Almost all are above 160 resist. So they resist the lower mob spells anyway.

Zara

Adventurer
Yep, very nice Triton. High Wrest, high Resist, max Energy Resist, and 190+ DEX (max movement speed). I have one with 129.4 Wrest/189.7 Resist, but he doesn't have max Energy Resist or 190+ DEX. Makes for a great 120 Chiv+AI build. He still has enough TP left to 120 all of his skills, just need the PS for it.
Regarding what you said 190+ DEX (max movement speed)...are you saying there that 190 is when a pet reaches movement speed? Does that mean a pet with 220 Dex moves at the exact speed as a 190 Dex pet???

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I bought my first ever Triton on Vendor Search and opened the statue... this thing popped out :)

View attachment 117179

Any tips for training it optimally?

Thanks in advance
Nice score! Definitely a solid pet with the 128 wrestling. I have a very similar Triton that I used basic Chiv/AI build and its an absolute tank. Kylie's suggestion of Goo/FWW a good one too. Let us know what you decided to go with!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Regarding what you said 190+ DEX (max movement speed)...are you saying there that 190 is when a pet reaches movement speed? Does that mean a pet with 220 Dex moves at the exact speed as a 190 Dex pet???
Exactly. That is why they capped it. Some PK got chased by a pet and cried to the devs. But some pets were designed with more so they still have it, it's just capped at 190.

Zara

Adventurer
Exactly. That is why they capped it. Some PK got chased by a pet and cried to the devs. But some pets were designed with more so they still have it, it's just capped at 190.
Ah okay, thank you. So it used to be that a 220 dex pet could move faster than a 190 dex until it got changed? Do you know when they made that change? And you're saying this is true even for prepatch (when they changed to this 190 dex) pets that have more than 190 dex or is it only for new pets?

This is really good to know for my gargoyle tamer as I always try to use the fastest dex pets to keep up with me when flying.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Long ago and was retroactive. Pheonix make great magery pets. They have split damage phy and fire. They start out as a monster at 3 slot. You can easily find one at 95%+ intensity. Perfect for a Garg if you want to try Magery on pets.

Kinda odd the Ostard cant be like these at 3 slot.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah okay, thank you. So it used to be that a 220 dex pet could move faster than a 190 dex until it got changed? Do you know when they made that change? And you're saying this is true even for prepatch (when they changed to this 190 dex) pets that have more than 190 dex or is it only for new pets?

This is really good to know for my gargoyle tamer as I always try to use the fastest dex pets to keep up with me when flying.
Yes, a 190 DEX pet moves at the same speed as a higher DEX pet nowadays. The movement speed was capped at 190, because people were using the Phoenix (220-300 DEX) to chase down people in PvP. A 300 DEX Phoenix was like Usain Bolt on crack, able to chase down even speedhackers. Put Dismount on that same Phoenix, and they'd bring anyone to ground and make them an easy gank. Combine that with the fact that the Phoenix originally had a tiny, red Eagle graphic that made it incredibly difficult to pull their bar when they were moving around, and they were a nightmare in PvP. Like watching the "Beast of Caerbannog" bounce around slaughtering people.

Zara

Adventurer
Yes, a 190 DEX pet moves at the same speed as a higher DEX pet nowadays. The movement speed was capped at 190, because people were using the Phoenix (220-300 DEX) to chase down people in PvP. A 300 DEX Phoenix was like Usain Bolt on crack, able to chase down even speedhackers. Put Dismount on that same Phoenix, and they'd bring anyone to ground and make them an easy gank. Combine that with the fact that the Phoenix originally had a tiny, red Eagle graphic that made it incredibly difficult to pull their bar when they were moving around, and they were a nightmare in PvP. Like watching the "Beast of Caerbannog" bounce around slaughtering people.
Wow, had no idea. Thanks for sharing!