• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any pets good for spawning?

SSooRRaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Getting bored of using the samp for champ spawns and wanted to get creative and make a pet.

Anybody use any pets for spawning? Able to clear most levels with aoe and what abilities, and maybe swap out for a champ killer, or same pet able to stick around?
Currently running sdi/sw tamer temp.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
All kinds of good pets for Champs.. I mean none are as fast as a well played Samp though. So if you goal is to get in, get out before a raid, Samp is still the way to go.

As far as which pets are better that will vary on your playstyle. If you are able to kill the spawn off and your pet assist you then I would go with a Chiv/AI to make the Champ fall quicker. If you rely on your pet to kill off the spawn and you assist I would go with something like a FWW/Goo combo pet.

I find it beneficial to 'tailor make' a pet for each spawn and taking my playstyle into account instead of using a generalized pet that 'can' tackle it. Saves time in running it and you can avoid a raid (even on Atl) if you run it quick.

SSooRRaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a not so popular shard atm, so time and raids aren't a huge deal. Any specific pet good for FWW/Goo ? I currently don't run much on my tamer besides solo mel and duo roof. And for an example like just a typical barracoon spawn; I would prefer to have a pet deal with the spawn and just help with the champ. Dies fast just spamming FS/FB with a repond book, but I enjoy not having to aoe spawn down myself. Have plenty of untrained pets in the stalls waiting for another temp to try out lol.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I am a fan of the fww/goo Triton, they hold up pretty well and as long as you remember to up the base damage to max they do decent melee as well. Others will likely disagree but between the Triton hitting fww/goo and me popping t-storm/wind we can advance the spawn pretty quick.. even with the low spawn rate at spawns these days (yeah, I hate that they cut it back... freaking sux). Low levels I actually do the divide and conquer thing a lot of the time.

I am waiting on my Dragon wolf to be complete so I can see how it does with the fww build.

SSooRRaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any pets that you can ride, Incase I wanted to venture outside despise and go some distance. I do hate using pets you cant mount xD
Like maybe Cu, Lesser, or beetles? Also have a couple bane dragons sitting around I just need some temps for them just don't want to ruin them lol :)

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use a RC/Goo fire beetle for Piper spawn. My protector discords and I corpse skin then drop exp/fs combos with my necro mage. With high SDI I can get combos with 650+ damage on Piper.

Base damage from the beetle attack is around 80 damage per hit on top of my spells.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do they do with all the levels of spawn, Just scrolled up to 110s
For the Piper spawn they do just fine with all the levels. I run a high SDI suit and do AoE spells in wraith form. Between my killing and the pet killing I never need to heal it during the spawn or Piper.

Honestly the poison AoE Naja had better DPS, but this is a close second and it’s rideable for us flat feet.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
How do they do with all the levels of spawn, Just scrolled up to 110s
Honestly I do not see a massive difference between the 110 and the 120. Sure, conventional wisdom is to scroll the heck out of all the pets yadda yadda yadda... but there are only a few pets I own that have 120's on them, and those were built before the huge price increase of scrolls. I just can not personally justify dumping that kind of gold for the increase that is there from 110/115 to what the 120 gives.

and as usual... opinions will vary GREATLY on this... so, flame away folks, I have thick skin :lol:

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Honestly I do not see a massive difference between the 110 and the 120. Sure, conventional wisdom is to scroll the heck out of all the pets yadda yadda yadda... but there are only a few pets I own that have 120's on them, and those were built before the huge price increase of scrolls. I just can not personally justify dumping that kind of gold for the increase that is there from 110/115 to what the 120 gives.

and as usual... opinions will vary GREATLY on this... so, flame away folks, I have thick skin
Same, I have maybe 3 pets with 120s on it. I bring a necro mage tamer to spawns with high sdi, I can mow down every level much faster than my pet. I usually just bring an AI/chiv cu (or other rideable depending on spawn) to kill the boss faster. I found the pet AI gets hung up a lot in champs (my cu sits there like a derp getting hit and not hitting back) so I stay mounted and generally clear spawn myself till boss pops.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

and as usual... opinions will vary GREATLY on this... so, flame away folks, I have thick skin :lol:
Same here, for more rare type pets I go 120, but for a Piper spawning pet 120 is definitely not needed. Even with Piper I find the RC to augment my DPS is better than Chiv/AI for the 90 seconds it takes to kill him.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Are bane dragons any good to invest into and if so what for?
I dont own any because they are so expensive I couldn't justify it, and I wasn't playing when they spawned. Now with pub 110 (on TC) they are releasing ostard "banes" very very close to an actual bane. Imo unless your flush with $ I'd wait for one of these.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think Banes shine more in PvP rather than PvM.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
FWW+PB Najasaurus has the highest AoE damage output of any pet. They're completely immune to Poison themselves, so you can always land a heal on them (other than during Mortal Strike). With 190+ DEX, they move at max speed, and with 170+ Resist, they're incredibly resistant to debuffs and basically immune to Paralyze/Paralyze Field spell.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
For rideable pets that are good with the spawn, a bane is a really awesome pet! I have an AI/Exp Goo/Magery build that I use for Piper Spawns. I equip a 50% SDI book and keep spamming Earthquake while the bane does his work as well. Can clear the 1st round in absolutely no time. By the 2nd and 3rd round his Exp Goo really shines and I don't need to do much support beyond some heals if needed.

Sometimes I will swap him out for a chiv/ai pet once the boss spawns. Other times I will just use him until the end. Just takes a little while longer on the boss. I normally will sit hidden and let my pet take care of the boss, that way if I'm raided I have a chance to attack as opposed to being on defense right away. A banes innate poison abilities are also good when raided as you can sick a bane on someone and land lethal poison while you are hitting them with FS/Exp.

If you don't want to spend all of the cash on a bane, you can wait for one of the new ostards through the new dynamic quest system. It will be out sometime in the near future. This will be a close replica of a bane dragon, hopefully.

If you go the non-rideable route there are a lot of other options. FWW/PB Najasaurus, Chiv/AI/FWW Triton (becoming one of my new favorites).

There are a lot of other builds and other pets you can use but these are some of my favorites for Piper spawn.

SSooRRaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For rideable pets that are good with the spawn, a bane is a really awesome pet! I have an AI/Exp Goo/Magery build that I use for Piper Spawns. I equip a 50% SDI book and keep spamming Earthquake while the bane does his work as well. Can clear the 1st round in absolutely no time. By the 2nd and 3rd round his Exp Goo really shines and I don't need to do much support beyond some heals if needed.

Sometimes I will swap him out for a chiv/ai pet once the boss spawns. Other times I will just use him until the end. Just takes a little while longer on the boss. I normally will sit hidden and let my pet take care of the boss, that way if I'm raided I have a chance to attack as opposed to being on defense right away. A banes innate poison abilities are also good when raided as you can sick a bane on someone and land lethal poison while you are hitting them with FS/Exp.

If you don't want to spend all of the cash on a bane, you can wait for one of the new ostards through the new dynamic quest system. It will be out sometime in the near future. This will be a close replica of a bane dragon, hopefully.

If you go the non-rideable route there are a lot of other options. FWW/PB Najasaurus, Chiv/AI/FWW Triton (becoming one of my new favorites).

There are a lot of other builds and other pets you can use but these are some of my favorites for Piper spawn.
I have 3 banes bonded and untouched in my stalls right now this is why i was asking about them. Any way you could shoot me some screenshots of your stats/skills so I can build one similar to yours. I'll start training it right away to test it out. I've played with a few different fire beetles and lessers for fun, Just wanted something a little more special and fun lol.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
I have 3 banes bonded and untouched in my stalls right now this is why i was asking about them. Any way you could shoot me some screenshots of your stats/skills so I can build one similar to yours. I'll start training it right away to test it out. I've played with a few different fire beetles and lessers for fun, Just wanted something a little more special and fun lol.
Sure. This is a very special and fun pet. Attached are the lore pages. Now this was the lowest intensity bane I had so I sacrificed the Stam regen. However I have been told, by people who know this animal much much better than I ever could, that banes when full on stew have some stamina regen/protection properties. I can attest that his stamina will stay up without it. However, if you have points to spend, a little stam regen would not hurt at all and will give you more insurance to keep your swing speed up.

Beyond that, in the first level of the piper spawn you will need to help your bane clear the slime and rats. The exp goo doesn't go off as much with the lower level mobs. I think something is written into the AI for that skill, it doesn't go off much with low incoming damage. Once the 2nd round hits your banes exp goo will go off like crazy. Any other champ spawn and this will not be a problem.

Also I'd recommend trying this out on TC first since you cannot replace these pets. Make sure you like how it works and matches your play style. And always keep your bane full on stew, without it a bane is nowhere near as good.
Mr. Deathy Face.png

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sure. This is a very special and fun pet. Attached are the lore pages....
I can attest that Baneswith explosive goo is very much a fun pet for spawns.
Also dishes out a ton of single target DPS with AI. Definately one of my favs for all round bossfights.

Cu/Tritons have healing, that's one of the big perks for that perk.. but nothing as satisfying to see all surround spawn just explode to death.

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm having a ton of fun with my Naja FWW+Pb at spawns, im about to start training a Fww+Goo triton to try solo Roof ;)