• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS NLS Newsletter #6

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who the hell says they do not listen

We've seen a lot of feedback recently about vendor search and want to share our plans for improving its performance in the future. With Publish 110 there will be restrictions on Endless Journey accounts accessing vendor search, we've updated the error messaging to better identify which issues users are experiencing, and we will be performing more regularly scheduled maintenance on the database.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • Veteran Rewards
    • Monster Statuettes - The Black Gate, The Yew Tree, Snow Elemental, Nummy
    • Spellbook & Runebook Straps - No more untidy backpacks from troublesome magic books!
    • Gargish Totem of Essence - Magically generates imbuing essences!
    • New Title - Pioneer of the Second Age
I wish the straps were from the Huntsmaster Challenge like the other Satchels.

Ultima Store Items
  • Pet Castle - High end digs for your favorite pet that works just like a hitching post!
  • Silver & Gold Soulstones - New soulstone colors for the discerning interior decorator!
  • Transmogrification Potions - Get the look you love in the head and shield slot!
  • Enchanted Soulstone Vessel - A specialized storage container for your soulstones, frees up precious lockdowns!
A soulstone container, nice!
We can change our headgear and shield!

• Black Market Rewards
    • Fellowship Medallion
    • Peculiar Coconut
    • Orchids
    • Pirate Chest
    • Pirate Shield
Do we get a random palm tree from the pirate? Like the picture shows? I really like those.
Not yet. Maybe we will get the other things later. Titles and Trees later?
The shield will be blank so we can transmogrify ours onto that style?

We've seen a lot of feedback recently about vendor search and want to share our plans for improving its performance in the future. With Publish 110 there will be restrictions on Endless Journey accounts accessing vendor search, we've updated the error messaging to better identify which issues users are experiencing, and we will be performing more regularly scheduled maintenance on the database.
Yup, most of these items were requested on the Forums.
They will forget in a few days or most will still complain and not see the things requested in the game since they do not play.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So how many people are going to use pumpkinhead for the transmog potion?!?!?!?! Something tells me the devs wont allow it to be used.
We have that and the Bake Kitsune cap. I hope they allow it. Will be popular.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Often when a mob is killed, its health bar greys out but remains onscreen and must be closed manually. Can this be fixed?
If you have specific steps to reproduce this issue we can look at resolving the issue. Please include which client you are using, where you are fighting, which mobs you are attacking, and any other specific steps to reproduce this issue 100% of the time.

Quite often, when your hunting partners die, their health bar disappears and must be pulled again, hard in a crowd... Can this be changed for them to stay up?

If you have specific steps to reproduce this issue, we can look at resolving it. Please include which client you are using, whether you are in a party, and any other specific steps to reproduce the issue 100% of the time.

Party bars hop all over the screen when you add someone. Is there any hope for this?

If you have specific steps to reproduce this issue, we can look at resolving it. Please include which client you are using, how many individuals are in the party, and how many individuals are in the party at the time of adding them.
the very fact that they are asking for how to reproduce this shows me that they do not play the game.
really, you have never seen the life bars of the people in your party go jumping to somewhere else on your screen when someone logs out and back in again?
really?!?!
how to reproduce this..... step one - play the game you are a developer for!

a dead mobs greyed out bar stays on your screen after it is dead.... how do you reproduce this... ummmm.... play the game, kill something, its bar will stay on your screen.
hello!

their responses sound like the responses i give drunk people at work when i dont want to talk with them, just repeat back what they said to you and walk away.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
feedback recently about vendor
There are a lot of examples in here that show they have listened, I'm really happy, and excited about some of this stuff.

View attachment 116985

hopefully we can trasmog onto a lantern
it is a left hand slot item (which is the slot that the shield goes in)

this would be awesome.
And yes, I'm the same as you on this one, I'm hoping for this. :) It was among my requests.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So how many people are going to use pumpkinhead for the transmog potion?!?!?!?! Something tells me the devs wont allow it to be used.
One of my friends already uses the most cool looking stealth pvper with the pumpkin head on, he just looks so cool everyone is like wow when they see him :) I'll see if I can find a picture.

I personally am a bit more boring, and would be really happy with an Elf Circlet on my mages :)

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I want to give credit where credit is due; the newsletter does have several things that shows the Devs do see what we are saying and are looking to address those (on some hot topics). The pet exploit / VS and EJ accounts / More communication on NL. Those have been all heavily discussed recently so I was glad to see they at least seem like they are doing the right thing. Another thing where they have listened was the fellowship medallion. Now people don't have to lend their out for new players wanting a tabard. :thumbsup:

I personally would like for the pirate shield to have some kind of useful stats on it rather than just have it as a transmog thing. I'd love to see something like 200 luck / SC no neg / 15 DCI.... then that can be transmogged into a candle or whatever. If the stats are going to be similar to the whip on the black market (ie nothing useful for any worthwhile mobs) then blank would be the better option.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the very fact that they are asking for how to reproduce this shows me that they do not play the game.
really, you have never seen the life bars of the people in your party go jumping to somewhere else on your screen when someone logs out and back in again?
really?!?!

a dead mobs greyed out bar stays on your screen after it is dead.... how do you reproduce this... ummmm.... play the game, kill something, its bar will stay on your screen.
hello!

their responses sound like the responses i give drunk people at work when i dont want to talk with them, just repeat back what they said to you and walk away.
Yeah, as if we needed more proof they don't actually ever play the game. If they did, they wouldnt need this reproduced for them, they would be aware of it first hand.
Just like when they act surprised because something they created sticks thru the floor of their house...it just shows they neer actually tried to place it in a house.
And the list goes on.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
But at the same time how difficult is it for you to just record a video of it happening? Do the leg work so they can do the actual fix.

Work together.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I would love someone with more knowledge of in game video to do the CC health bar jump when people join a party or lose connection and rejoin the party when logging in. I so hate it when mine health bar jumps into the game screen and I lose other party bars when I die and cannot get them back with all that is going on screen. We need a way to anchor those bar to remain on screen till the party is disbanded.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

After all talk is still cheap. Let's see whether it helped or not in a couple of months. Glad they finally giving some feedback after at least half a dozen players kept reporting the issue for the better part of the last year ("recently" haha) with no feedback from BS whatsoever. I believe after such a long time, players had every right to complain and express their ongoing frustrations.

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
really?!?!

hello!

I don't think any developer has the time to do comprehensive testing himself. But it shows they put ZERO effort into QA. It's been reported to them multiple times and yet they act deaf instead of trying to reproduce issues themself. It's the cheapest developer cop out ever and nobody can argue it. Just in fact they never even tried. But hey, stop complaining you fools and eat whatever they give you, right? :)

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
really?!?!

hello!

The dead mob grey bar thing NEVER happens to me...I've been confused about this complaint for awhile...is this in the EC? Because I play the CC and it doesn't happen.

So maybe before you start giving the devs crap, maybe think that it DOESN'T happen to everyone or there are certain things that make it happen?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The dead mob grey bar thing NEVER happens to me...I've been confused about this complaint for awhile...is this in the EC? Because I play the CC and it doesn't happen.

So maybe before you start giving the devs crap, maybe think that it DOESN'T happen to everyone or there are certain things that make it happen?
You're messing up sales at my torch and pitchfork store. Stop it!

That's Stinky Pete's Torch and Pitchfork Emporium. Located at 666 W. Stratics St. Siege Perilous, Sosaria

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!

Sorry, got excited....

So for me, it's a personal thing...I don't like my health bars sticking together...it's VERY annoying to me. I like them to be free floating so I can move them around on my screen without having others tag along.

SO....when I pull a bar and kill a mob, the bar disappears along with the mob....UNLESS the bars are sticking together which I JUST tested. This is in the CC.

Here's your proof

Yes I will be posting this on the Offficial Forums as well so people stop bashing the devs for not playing the game.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
At Stinky Pete's Torch and Pitchfork Emporium I employ several children. I give them 5 hours a day for personal time because I'm a good guy like that. If anyone has any ideas for how I could get them to use that time to test out new torches and pitchforks, let me know. Lazy kids. Ugh.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Pull up health bars of mob, kill mob, some of the bars disappear some turn grey. Do it at the chaos Balrons. It will happen soon. Only does it with pulled bars.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Pull up health bars of mob, kill mob, some of the bars disappear some turn grey. Do it at the chaos Balrons. It will happen soon. Only does it with pulled bars.
Look at my video and read what I said..it NEVER happens to me and that's why. I don't stick my bars together. I've been playing this game for some time so I should know ;)

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok since yours does not that, they don't need to fix it.
I don't think she is saying that at all and I am %100 sure that @Larisa does not have special health bars. She is showing them how to reproduce it in the CC. In the CC it appears to only effect joined health bars but does not effect them if you leave them separated. Now how it effects EC that will have to be tested with an EC user using joined and unjoined bars. Have you tested her theory and posted a video to prove her wrong.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
In the EC I assume? Because in the 14+ years I have been playing, it has NEVER happened to me....no matter what I am killing.

as Frodo stated, I tested and showed this...how it's happening and why. I NEVER join my health bars, never have. If they accidently stick together I click them off and re-pull them to keep them separate, which is why this has never happened to me.

I think the only thing I have not killed in this game is the underwater boss thing and a few of the Abyss bosses.

And he's also correct that I never said they didn't have to fix it because it doesn't happen to me. They asked for the steps to re-produce it..and instead of flying off the handle saying "OMG you don't play this game" blah blah...I did as they asked and reproduced it and posted proof so THEY can look at it and maybe fix it??

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After all talk is still cheap. Let's see whether it helped or not in a couple of months. Glad they finally giving some feedback after at least half a dozen players kept reporting the issue for the better part of the last year ("recently" haha) with no feedback from BS whatsoever. I believe after such a long time, players had every right to complain and express their ongoing frustrations.
Not just that. Restricting EJ is not the same as fixing VS. Imagine for a second the BS gets its pancakes together, and thanks to devs' design and development prowess UO gets a 50% population increase (miracles happen). Now the VS is broken again. What are we going to restrict now?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Not just that. Restricting EJ is not the same as fixing VS. Imagine for a second the BS gets its pancakes together, and thanks to devs' design and development prowess UO gets a 50% population increase (miracles happen). Now the VS is broken again. What are we going to restrict now?
Possibly... but if killing off EJ being able to use it stops the typical trolls from doing what they do to overload VS and it allows us normal players to use it, I am all for it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In the EC I assume? Because in the 14+ years I have been playing, it has NEVER happened to me....no matter what I am killing.

as Frodo stated, I tested and showed this...how it's happening and why. I NEVER join my health bars, never have. If they accidently stick together I click them off and re-pull them to keep them separate, which is why this has never happened to me.

I think the only thing I have not killed in this game is the underwater boss thing and a few of the Abyss bosses.

And he's also correct that I never said they didn't have to fix it because it doesn't happen to me. They asked for the steps to re-produce it..and instead of flying off the handle saying "OMG you don't play this game" blah blah...I did as they asked and reproduced it and posted proof so THEY can look at it and maybe fix it??
The only one talking about joining health bars is the player ones that go poof when a player dies.

I am talking about a single health bar on a single mob.

Here ya go, I went to kill Balrons for a whisper. It happened after this many killed. The other bars went away this one stayed.

1614368127580.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
How often does that happen? What %? Enough to really cause THIS much of a fuss over?? Seriously?

And again I will reiterate that it's never happened to me so I just did what was asked and reproduced it. Maybe you should document your findings as well so they have as much information as possible.

I still don't see this as a huge game changing issue.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And again I will reiterate that it's never happened to me so I just did what was asked and reproduced it.
How do you reproduce something that has never happened to you? It happens every time you pull up health bars and kill stuff. Each of those took 20 seconds to kill you can multiply the dead by 20 for number of seconds to see this.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I have it happen to me a good bit as well using the CC.. I also use UOAssist. I wonder if maybe there is an issue with the overlay on it? Do both of y'all use UOA?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now I have 2. They stuck together while I moved them for a picture.

Seems damn easy to reproduce this bug.

1614368906374.png

Got bored now I have 3 of them and it has been exactly 20 min.

1614369072182.png

Maybe just the collector ones will do it, I have not paid that much attention, it happens so often, I am used to closing them.

I have it happen to me a good bit as well using the CC.. I also use UOAssist. I wonder if maybe there is an issue with the overlay on it? Do both of y'all use UOA?
I use nothing but CC.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
How do you reproduce something that has never happened to you? It happens every time you pull up health bars and kill stuff. Each of those took 20 seconds to kill you can multiply the dead by 20 for number of seconds to see this.
Did you watch my video???

Every time I sacrifice my fame I go kill blood ellies for about an hour...never happens....I kill Undead Guardians every day to collect the blue bone armor for about an hour a day...never happens.....during the virtue tile quest we had to kill a ridiculous amount of drakes....never happened.....

It ONLY happens TO ME when my bars get stuck together which is why I posted the video to show that.

I only use CC and haven't used UOA in years.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Could you provide pictures of how your all option pages are set, maybe one of those settings effect this also, who knows.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you watch my video???

Every time I sacrifice my fame I go kill blood ellies for about an hour...never happens....I kill Undead Guardians every day to collect the blue bone armor for about an hour a day...never happens.....during the virtue tile quest we had to kill a ridiculous amount of drakes....never happened.....

It ONLY happens TO ME when my bars get stuck together which is why I posted the video to show that.

I only use CC and haven't used UOA in years.
From: Here Yoshi is either Mervyn or they are friends, You know Mervyn tests things.

It seems it only happens on certain Mobs, They out a list: Your blood Eles are not on the list.

Classic client: method of slaying does not appear to be a factor,
not all creatures, happens maybe 1 in 3 times for the following creatures:
gargoyle, rat, mongbat, stone gargoyle, lich lord (did it one time out of 20), magpie, skylark, warbler, scorpion, giant spider, alligator, bull frog, giant serpent, swamp tentacle, tropical bird, raven, sheep, cow, hind, a great hart, goat, chicken, boar, chickadee, frost spider, frost ooze, ratman, polar bear, giant ice serpent, white wolf, walrus, snow leopard, drake, dragon, ophidian avenger

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it fixes it for the paying customers until they come up with a perinate fixe then hell yes it is a fix or do you have some vested reason that it may be you want EJ accounts possibility of jamming up VS.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
By doing exactly what she said she did, joining the health bars together or didn't you bother to read what she said and alls you are doing is trying to slam her.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't think any developer has the time to do comprehensive testing himself. But it shows they put ZERO effort into QA. It's been reported to them multiple times and yet they act deaf instead of trying to reproduce issues themself. It's the cheapest developer cop out ever and nobody can argue it. Just in fact they never even tried. But hey, stop complaining you fools and eat whatever they give you, right? :)

Now this is where I'm going to have to come to their aid a bit... I know when I lost my lesser Hiryu down in the crazed mage... Bleak did come and check out exactly where I was and what I had been doing... (though nothing came of that I don't think) he did put in the time to come see...

I also know that he and I spent some time on TC spawning tons of things trying to overload the EC and replicate being at an EM Event... but that didn't seem to work... which I told him he really just needs to attend an EM Event on a player character and attempt to loot the boss mobs public corpse after it's dead to really understand the issue...

Little has come from that either and I got tired of not being able to properly loot anything good... and just quit going to the events altogether because I find it too frustrating... and I've been on a kick of, if it ain't fun quit doing it of late.

But he did put in some effort to try to work it out...

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Monster bars staying on screen after they die happens to me a lot. It happens if the terrain isn't flat and they are not on the same level as me, or if they're flying.

CC, never used assist.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
By doing exactly what she said she did, joining the health bars together or didn't you bother to read what she said and alls you are doing is trying to slam her.
Seems like a lot of players have seen this issue. Maybe it has to do with specific Mobs.

I still want to know how you have if never seen something but you can reproduce it as she said. She did not reproduce it she just confirmed it does not happen with Blood eles. It happens with collector of souls quite often.

Players not doing through testing is why the devs do not fix bugs. Because someone says there is no bug and they did not test all mobs.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The dang bars staying happen to me ALL the time with CC. When you are a sampire and you pull a lot of bars up to have them target you for whirlwind, it's a pain in the @ss to have to close half of them afterwards each time. And NO, they are not stuck together, they are pulled randomly all over my screen in haste.