• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Slayer Questions

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Okay so for Slayers I have a question. If you have have say for example an Arachnid Slayer Weapon and an Undead Slayer Enchantress's Cameo, do both of these stack? Do I now have a slayer of both types active?

Also I'm understanding that if you equip a slayer, you are now vulnerable to damage from the opposite group. For example with my Undead Slayer Cameo I'm now vulnerable to Repond creature attacks I believe. Is that correct or does this not apply for Super Slayers like Repond, Arachnid, Undead, etc..??

Any help is appreciated.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Slayers stack. You would have both Arachnid Slayer and Undead Slayer active in the first case. You would also be vulnerable to their opposing groups at the same time, Reptile and Repond. You'd take double damage from those two groups.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
They stack for warriors yes... for mages that come along and read this (and don't realize it is the warriors forum), too bad so sad, they don't stack.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They stack for warriors yes... for mages that come along and read this (and don't realize it is the warriors forum), too bad so sad, they don't stack.
In some cases, Slayer Talismans do affect spells. Most curiously when you're wearing a Slayer Talisman of the opposing type. The trigger for it seems to be if the enemy mob has a retaliatory ability, like Dark Father's Unholy Bones or Fezzik's Maggot Cauldrons. WoD deals more damage when wielding a Slayer opposite to them.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
In some cases, Slayer Talismans do affect spells. Most curiously when you're wearing a Slayer Talisman of the opposing type. The trigger for it seems to be if the enemy mob has a retaliatory ability, like Dark Father's Unholy Bones or Fezzik's Maggot Cauldrons. WoD deals more damage when wielding a Slayer opposite to them.

I guess that is another thing Broadsword dropped the ball on in one way or the other. According to their website it is for melee and ranged fighting only.

Attachments

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Very interesting, thank you for the info. That is really interesting about the slayer talisman's and unintended bugs with them. I'm not surprised.

For anyone else reading this thread, I decided to play around on Test Center with talisman's and slayer weapons. I see that you can double stack the same slayer on weapon and talisman to get a 200% damage bonus. With skills, and a 100% DI on my suit, I could deal max damage without needing to use Honor for perfection, or EoO. Made killing mobs stupid easy and let me spend mana only on Double Strike, WW or AI. It was also consistent. No starting, stopping and restarting EoO for different creatures of the same type, no getting only partial perfection, which you never obtain on the regular mobs.

Now I don't think I can afford to have all slayer cameo's and weapons but it would be amazing! In all of my roof encounters, I've achieved one Cameo and to buy them would cost me a fortune but still it would be amazing.

Last edited: