• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2-slot Cu Sidhe

YeeYee

Visitor
Hi, curious on what this might be worth. I had literally never seen anything like this until I met its owner a few hours ago. They had two of these, one Gold and one Pink, and were kind enough to transfer me the Gold one hoping I could sell it - nothing weird like change in slots, stats, etc., happened on transfer.

It obviously starts with lower HP but the rest of its stats appear to be those of a base Cu, but with only 2 control slots required.

We ran the 2-slot pink through training on test center and leveled linearly, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5. About 600 leftover points after HP was brought back to normal range and all other base training (stats, resists, regen, 120's, etc.) was completed. I'm not sure how to calculate intensity correctly for this gold one since all of the assumptions are that it's starting as 3 instead of 2, however, the finished Pink Cu (screenshot also included) said 183.2 when I ran it through the calculator on uo-cah.

Would love to get an idea of what something like this might sell for!

Top screenshot is the base, untrained, 2-slot gold. Bottom is the trained 2-slot (now 5) pink.

! Two Slot.png Trained.png

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those are stat-exploited Cus. The below spawn-level HP and Skills are a dead give away. Looks like there's another method to slot drop pets, because i've heard of yet another 4 slot Shadow Wyrm recently.

YeeYee

Visitor
Those are stat-exploited Cus. The below spawn-level HP and Skills are a dead give away. Looks like there's another method to slot drop pets, because i've heard of yet another 4 slot Shadow Wyrm recently.
Oh goodness, that's no good. I guess it'll live in my stables then!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
On the higher end tamables if you see Wrestling and Tactics in the 20's it is an exploited pet some way.

Wharton

Adventurer
But, the trained one looks ok, or am I missing something? How can you tell if it is exploited on the second, trained cu?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yes. I believe they stated that they would delete on sight.
Never heard of this actually happening though.
Interesting. So these are newly made and not "leftovers" from 2 years ago when the initial exploit landed?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do GMs actually do anything about exploited pets?
They revert them to baseline stats/resists, but they stay at max slots. I know someone who has a stat-exploited Dread Warhorse, and apparently he got reported for it one day. Next day, he pulled the Dread out of the stables, and all of it's stats/resists had reverted to base, but it was still 5 slots. He had fully 120d it too. Huge waste.

Interesting. So these are newly made and not "leftovers" from 2 years ago when the initial exploit landed?
Yep. The stat-exploit is still alive and kicking, and someone figured out how to modify it to once again drop pet slots apparently.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would love a 4 slot shadow dragon, i dont know why the system wasnt made so we can reverse the points for even a partial refund.

If dropping hp down, it sounds kinda fair tho.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I would love a 4 slot shadow dragon, i dont know why the system wasnt made so we can reverse the points for even a partial refund.

If dropping hp down, it sounds kinda fair tho.
Shadows need to spawn at 4 slots anyway imo. They are underpowered for a 5 slot pet, which is why you don't see many folks lugging them around.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So I wanted to ask the question here as well for those who avoid uhall; what's the most fair solution for a player and the game who has received one these hacked pets?

I argued that they should be deleted or stars defaulted without restoring slots, mainly because Mesanna has stated that they can't/won't allow pet respecs. And that refunding the gold to the player isn't realistic, because people would lie about the amount, which would increase the gold. Plus we'd have no way of knowing if the player was telling the truth about being a victim.

The most fair solution is to remove the unfair advantage aspect. I think it sucks, but I don't see a better solution. Does anyone else?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The most fair would be to reset the pet back to their stats like they spawned... but they are not about to do that. The way they do it now any player who got taken advantage of gets a total crap pet and are out the gold. If they reset to spawnable range at least they can keep the bond on the pet and work it to be a decent pet.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The most fair would be to reset the pet back to their stats like they spawned... but they are not about to do that. The way they do it now any player who got taken advantage of gets a total crap pet and are out the gold. If they reset to spawnable range at least they can keep the bond on the pet and work it to be a decent pet.
Considering the amount of times we've asked for pet respec tokens or something along those lines, and the amount of times we've been told no, I'm not entirely sure that they can do that. I'm not sure why they're unable, but that seems to be the message.

But yes, if they could/would do that, it would indeed be the most fair. It just doesn't seem possible.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Considering the amount of times we've asked for pet respec tokens or something along those lines, and the amount of times we've been told no, I'm not entirely sure that they can do that. I'm not sure why they're unable, but that seems to be the message.
I think the main reason, as despicable as it is, is that if you introduce the respec tokens, there would be much less need for PvMers to do spawns. And that would mean that PvPers' entertainment and source of income would be drastically decreased.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think the main reason, as despicable as it is, is that if you introduce the respec tokens, there would be much less need for PvMers to do spawns. And that would mean that PvPers' entertainment and source of income would be drastically decreased.
Considering the Dev team's pvp talk, I can concede that might be true. Its right up there with the decision to not allow pet power scrolls.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They keep saying it is because the pet info is not saved. I would be happy if they would respec and drop scrolls and then the RNG determined the pet stats like it does on a wild pet.

I would need more scrolls because I would cull out the junk pets with scrolls and make new ones in those spots.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Doubt that this has to do with PvP a lot, maybe partially. Its just another programming job. May have to do with why they did not allow up to fully train and fully skill to 120 pets in the TC1. That could have helped a lot to see what a test pet could actually do at full 120 without spending lots of time/gold on prodo. I suspect may have to do with programming acumen/abilities on one hand, then controlling the bugs/expoits that would arise from that code, and then may also in addition having to do with their difficulties in foreseing the future in a way. But they may be also thinking in a backward way that the way things are in terms of this with screwed up/wrongly speced pets, adds to time spent in game, i.e. get a new pet, and grind for that and then re-grind to get the PS, and then re-grind to retame/reskill. Who knows what they are thinking/planning. After all we can respec players templates, and some players items and weapons. Maybe in 5-20 more years they will come to implement pet re-spec tokens. They may make some more RL money in the UO store with these respec tokens also, but maybe they do not realise that either.
All they have to do is LOOK at the specs on the pets of about 60-80% of the tamers in ATL. Then they could possibly FINALLY see that there is a real chance to make good RL $$ selling Respec Tokens in the UO store or in-game store. Right @Kyronix ??? (In one ear-->Out the other) :devil:

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Doubt that this has to do with PvP a lot, maybe partially. Its just another programming job.
When, prior to the pet revamp and immediately after, multiple people asked the devs to have separate power scrolls for pets available in Tram, they would usually flatly refuse. But if pressed enough, they'd half heartedly admit that feeding victims to the PvPers was the real reason. PvP revival was one of the major goals at the time, so they could not think of anything better than to provide entertainment for a smaller group through forcing misery on a larger group. If you are a proponent of Hanlon's razor, this is one of those cases where they managed to satisfy both malice and stupidity requirements.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
When, prior to the pet revamp and immediately after, multiple people asked the devs to have separate power scrolls for pets available in Tram, they would usually flatly refuse. But if pressed enough, they'd half heartedly admit that feeding victims to the PvPers was the real reason. PvP revival was one of the major goals at the time, so they could not think of anything better than to provide entertainment for a smaller group through forcing misery on a larger group. If you are a proponent of Hanlon's razor, this is one of those cases where they managed to satisfy both malice and stupidity requirements.
Right that was a very "smart" move on their part. I.e. trying to make PvPers out of tamers, of which 99% have no interest or inclination or even template to come even 10 miles close to compete with PvP specs. Anyway the Respec tool would be some step in the right direction and would bring some RL $$ to help the game. Right @Kyronix ? (In one ear-->Out the other) :devil:

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Back to the crying about pvp. Haha. Railshot, if you just made a half-butt decent toon with all the time you spent whining about fel, you'd prolly be like tier 3 pvp nerd by now.

celticus, no one is trying to make a pvp'r out of a tamer.......you can barely make a pvm'r out of a tamer.

Pro-tip, tamers are for slow grindy nonsense. Low risk/low reward. Make some other toons, do different things, don't expect the tamer toon to be able to do everything/get everything.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Back to the crying about pvp. Haha. Railshot, if you just made a half-butt decent toon with all the time you spent whining about fel, you'd prolly be like tier 3 pvp nerd by now.

celticus, no one is trying to make a pvp'r out of a tamer.......you can barely make a pvm'r out of a tamer.

Pro-tip, tamers are for slow grindy nonsense. Low risk/low reward. Make some other toons, do different things, don't expect the tamer toon to be able to do everything/get everything.
Naa..I am not sure if @railshot is complaining about PvP but I am not. Its all cool.
And I am not sure you mean real PvP. Real PvP'ers don't PK or murder (almost) defenseless players at spawns. No challenge, really. As far as I am concerned, PvP is just fine and PKers are part of the game, and thats fun also. (But I also suspect that many PKers are not even regular PvPers. They are likely seasoned Trammies, sit around in the bank and "observe" and have cronnies or ghost cams at spawns, and when a champ gets action they bring their red or blue PKer or even Thief in and go to work). No matter this is not affecting my game. Getting PKed and avoiding PK and running is just a little more excitement for me. lol. Its ok. Only a game! It is really insulting to call a regular PvPer a PKer. Not the same at all. (But if you think they are one and the same, would be glad to discuss this little item, lol).

But the point in the conversation is not that. The point is respec pets, and possibly pet-specific PS scrolls. Also possibly something that would add more revenue to UO. The Dev team just pushed the Taming Revamp though without too much foresight. They could have foreseen some of the fallout of the revamp as mentioned here. They can still sell a pet respec tool at the ingame store and make a bundle. Makes good business sense, and helps the game, and does not hurt the game in any way.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only thing I see that tamers should be able to do now that they currently cant.......shove a pink in the pets throat to work skill. More actual play time, less train time, more reason for people to do stuff to get pinks, big money sink.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The only thing I see that tamers should be able to do now that they currently cant.......shove a pink in the pets throat to work skill. More actual play time, less train time, more reason for people to do stuff to get pinks, big money sink.
Ditto, plus being able to 5 slot all pets in a balanced way. People have been asking for more rideables for years. I want to ride a drake!

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk