• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Synchronization Error

Sempronius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
"An error has occurred in the synchronization between the login servers and world. Please close your client and try again."

I have this error going on two computers.

I totally formatted one of the computers and still had this error.
I tried deleting files (That I was told to delete from online posts) but they were instantly reinstalled when the game patched.

I've reinstalled the game a few times as well.

I can't login to the game right now.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Perform full file check. Game works, we are playing.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another program running causing the desync? Close out or shut down nonessentials? Tried a reboot of router/wifi? Just a shot in the dark, nothing to read between the lines meant.

Which client? What OS? Anything (software/hardware) changed since u last logged in? If u reformatted, I’d assume both r running the same OS (possibly a wrong assumption) so if both have the same software it may cause desync on both systems.

Just spitballing here...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
If there is anything running on background, thinvnc/vnc/remote programs/rdp etc, log them off temporarily at least.
Before you do any deep brain surgery on software or hardware: Turn off modem completely, wait 10 seconds, then turn on again. Some modems esp old ones will "hickup" a lot, meaning the packets they send/receive get to be interrupted very much after 5days to 1-2 weeks use randomly..This sucks majorly and it is very aggravating but happens.
The modem hickups will also kill you when in fight etc.
Try the modem restart first. Let us know here wht happens..

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, this has been happening to me as well for the past month. Incredibly irritating when i have to open and close the client 20-30 times just to get one successful login attempt.

Synchronization Error.PNG

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yep, this has been happening to me as well for the past month. Incredibly irritating when i have to open and close the client 20-30 times just to get one successful login attempt.

View attachment 115478
Same here.. Tends to happen with auto-log off kind of intermittently. It could have something to do with the programmer tightening the packet timing gaps allowance, in order to fight duping among other things? Who knows what they have installed. Seems like the introduction of a new bug, again hitting random people on-off as usually. I never had this before. I thought it was my crappy modem hickupping, but now it looks it is affecting more people.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

View attachment 115478
<smarta$$ response>

UO is broke. Might as well kill your account(s) and remove it from the system. :sad3:;):)

</smarta$$ response>

TBH I never had that happen to me, so I'd be curious as to cause.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I play CC and that happens often--runs in phases...very annoying and perform fil;e check does not fix it

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Usually that error is a CC error. Have you tried running Classic Client?

Sempronius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have this error on two computers. I have uninstalled multiple times. I even totally formatted one computer.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Turn off the virus programs and try to run UO.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Does it still happen when you turn power off on the internet modem, for 10 seconds, then turn on again (primitive hard reset)? If I do this it stops happening for me.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sometimes it helps to unscrew the cable from the modem and screw it back in...

Sempronius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
This is the only solution. I logged into the shard that I wanted. I got the error. It kicked me back to the login screen. Instead of shutting down the client I kept on logging in. The password was already in the password field with the username so it didn't take much longer to try another log in. The first attempt to get into the game took about 15 tries. But, I finally got into the game. So, I am logging into the game it just takes more attempts.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
It is hard to believe that something like this has to happen.
I suspect this may have to do with anti-duping code, likely installed when this problem stated happening. UO/EA staff need to look into this. I doubt it is an internet or client side computer problem ALONE. It may be the fabled new code they added, plus susceptibilities on client side to cause sync. errors.
15 tries to get to log in game? Wow!!!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is the only solution. I logged into the shard that I wanted. I got the error. It kicked me back to the login screen. Instead of shutting down the client I kept on logging in. The password was already in the password field with the username so it didn't take much longer to try another log in. The first attempt to get into the game took about 15 tries. But, I finally got into the game. So, I am logging into the game it just takes more attempts.
Yeah, you don't have to close the client with EC. With CC however, you do have to close the client and restart it. Oftentimes, i'll have to open up 5 windows of CC clients at the same time, and paste in my password and hit enter, then try to select shard. Oftentimes it takes 20-30 windows worth of CC clients before it finally lets me on... :mad:

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm having this exact problem on 3 accounts on 2 different computers. Get to the shard selection and when I pick one I get this error.

Super annoying. Something is wrong here. It was working just fine a couple days ago.
Classic client.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I'm having this exact problem on 3 accounts on 2 different computers. Get to the shard selection and when I pick one I get this error.

Super annoying. Something is wrong here. It was working just fine a couple days ago.
Classic client.
I have it in one hotel I lived several times on business trips. Can be solved by using VPN or changing provider (in my case different hotel in same city).

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can try changing your dns from automatic to manual and use an alternate server like cloudflare’s which is 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 (I use theirs)

Google also has a dns server which is 8.8.8.8 I think (you can search it)

I would try this before getting a vpn.