• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bribing tinkering BODs; location of NPCs?

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I am trying to work through my tinkering large BODs, and am having almost no luck at all finding tinker NPCs to bribe. Does anyone have a list of their locations they would be willing to share? I can find one tinker in the entire city of Britain, for example, and none at all in most cities.

Destiny<3

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Luna has a tinker, it's right at the bank.

Atri-Ben-In Ailem Ilshenar
The Gadget's Corner Vesper
Gadgets and Things Jhelom
Gears and Gadgets Minoc
Haven Clockworks and Tinker Occlo(fel)/Haven
The Tic-Top Shop Magincia
a tinker Ilshenar
Tinker of the Isle Serpent's Hold
Tinker's Paradise Papua
Tinker's Guild Britain
Tinker's Guild Trinsic

I got all of these locations from UO automap (sorry if they aren't much help, but if you need help finding each one maybe you could google them if you don't have UO automap).

If you can find a rune library on your shard (there's usually 1 or more in Luna, sometimes you can find a book to copy, that is what I usually do.

Last edited:

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Thank you - I really appreciate it. I don't know what UO automap is, but I use the EC so perhaps it's a CC feature.

I have learned to my horror that while large jewelry BODs only bribe to iron exceptional 20, the smalls bribe up through the colored ingots. It's going to be so inefficient I may just discard them. I have a bunch, too :(

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
In each city, the first place to look for a tinker is in proximity to the provisioner & cobbler (examples: Luna, Umbra). If the tinker isn't with them, then the Tinker has his own shop, and probably has two Tinkers in the building instead of one.

I'm not sure if the Vagabonds that are in some random Gypsy camp spawns in Ilshenar count as Tinkers (the way Iron Workers count as smiths), though their sales inventory would seem to indicate it might be true (or if not, something we can ask the devs about adding).

With the colored metal jewelry BODs, consider using them bribed up for mid-range rewards (up to 800 points) turned in directly (not banking) - especially the POF Kegs, ore maps, and the smelting talismans. For some of the other items, you might want some of the 25-charge master craftsman talismans as well.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
With the colored metal jewelry BODs, consider using them bribed up for mid-range rewards (up to 800 points) turned in directly (not banking) - especially the POF Kegs, ore maps, and the smelting talismans. For some of the other items, you might want some of the 25-charge master craftsman talismans as well.
you can also bribe up the utensils as high as they go.
(stop when it gets to the points that you are needing)
I know the forks & spoons are 100% exceptional chance.

the utensil deeds is specifically the BODs I hope I get.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Look around and see if your shard has any rune libraries or call out in chat and see if anyone has a rune book with them all marked