• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mining Question

Destiny<3

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This may be a stupid question or one that has already been explained, but I haven't been mining in a while and I started to wonder...

When you mine ore and gems, are you missing out on ore when you get a gem? For instance, would you get more ore just mining ore by itself? Just curious since I probably need the ore more at this point.

Thanks!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's been so long since I used that setting, that I forget.

These days, with gem prices depressed on many shards (more selling than buying), and ingots hyper-inflated, I'd probably only use the mine for gems setting if I didn't have a T-Hunter, and/or was playing on Siege.

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Remember you get double resources in Fel, if you are really in need of the ore. Delucia and Cove are nice guard zone spots for mining.

Destiny<3

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Remember you get double resources in Fel, if you are really in need of the ore. Delucia and Cove are nice guard zone spots for mining.
Yes luckily I remember that much. I get the mining maps in felucca where I turn my BODs in so I can get lots! I just didn't need the silly gems. hehe Thank you!

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There's a decent area in SW Brit as well. From almost due W of stables to a bit S of the canyon to the crossroads.

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I thought they put in a thing where you only get half resources mining in guard zones a long time ago. Ehhh to long ago.......

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I thought they put in a thing where you only get half resources mining in guard zones a long time ago. Ehhh to long ago.......
I just checked and was getting 2 big ore and 22 logs per attempt in Cove. So if they did ever do that, they must have changed it back, Unless you're playing on Siege and that's how it is there.