• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Despise Event

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you get your pet to change alignment so I can get it's power to 15? From the UO site:

"The Wisp Orb
When you reach the correct shrine double click the Ankh. A Wisp Orb will appear in your pack with the message ‘I will follow thy guidance’. You may only claim one Orb, and thus control one creature.
Double clicking the Orb tells you ‘target a creature to possess’. Choose your companion carefully. Good creatures trained by a postive karma character can reach a maximum level 10, as can evil creatures trained by a negative karma character. However evil creatures trained by a positive karma character or good creatures trained by a negative karma character can reach level 15. Choosing to change the alignment of a creature needs some care, as you will be the focus of an attack from the other denizens of the level, while your companion is ignored until the alignment change takes place with the following message.

Your possessed creature has changed alignment! It may now become more powerful, and you may now add it to your army."

Any tips on soloing this? I assume you only get one pet per person.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't have to have negative karma to get a negative karma one, you just have to "tame" one that is already negative.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have never done this before but im down to give it a shot if you want to team up.

im on atlantic.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep, if you're positive karma, you get a negative karma pet to start (which will turn gray), and fight the other negative karma creatures. IIRC, killing positive karma creatures will slow down its flip. It will flip around level 7 to positive karma/blue to match your alignment, if you only fight other negatives. It will then go to level 15.

If negative karma, you tame a positive karma creature, which will turn it gray, and the blue creatures will attack it. The process is pretty much the flip-side of the process for positive player/negative pet, as once you hit level 7 the pet color will flip (to red from gray, I think) to match the player.

Only when you flip the color, can you take it to level 15. If you start with a creature the same alignment as yours, it will only go to 10, as it doesn't flip.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, if you're positive karma, you get a negative karma pet to start (which will turn gray), and fight the other negative karma creatures. IIRC, killing positive karma creatures will slow down its flip. It will flip around level 7 to positive karma/blue to match your alignment, if you only fight other negatives. It will then go to level 15.

If negative karma, you tame a positive karma creature, which will turn it gray, and the blue creatures will attack it. The process is pretty much the flip-side of the process for positive player/negative pet, as once you hit level 7 the pet color will flip (to red from gray, I think) to match the player.

Only when you flip the color, can you take it to level 15. If you start with a creature the same alignment as yours, it will only go to 10, as it doesn't flip.
Thank you. This is what I was asking.