• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Blue Cubes

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The drop rate of cubes is too low. Two of us have done the complete spawn and not gotten them. I've only received one during a non orc phase.

I was writing this while waiting on the next spawn. I was the only one there. I used one toon and killed stuff till I got a cube. A couple more players popped in. I switched toons and no cube for that guy. Orc level over so I left.

I go there twice a day since Deceit. Iv'e gotten 8 total cubes since then. I always take two toons. I've only gotten two cubes once. That was this AM. So, only 5 cubes over the other two weeks.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i go down once a day for short period of time. if people didnt know, u can use tool and turn them. 1603781250398.png drop rate seems fine

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i go down once a day for short period of time. if people didnt know, u can use tool and turn them. View attachment 113077 drop rate seems fine
So its fine to get them 1/3 of the time? Im going by how few you have vs days its been out. They were made as a participation reward. You should get one each spawn if you stay till the end.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I do it like 5-10 mins daily on first lvl and get a cube every time.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
They were made as a participation reward. You should get one each spawn if you stay till the end.
I totally agree with this. Otherwise, once you've got your talisman there is no reason at all to stay and help kill the boss. As tough as he is, it's very hard to get enough people together to kill him.

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
yeah only go there do lvl 1-2 and you get a cube almost all the time...switch character if you stay on the same it s like a daily reward very hard to get 2 but when i switch toon i got one very fast on each character

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Went today ran thru orcs and ogres. got 0.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Went today ran thru orcs and ogres. got 0.
Just taking a stab in the dark here:

Maybe they are trying to control the flow of them some. Maybe they have it coded to where X number of them drop the counter does not reset to allow the drop of them until the boss is killed?

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I totally agree with this. Otherwise, once you've got your talisman there is no reason at all to stay and help kill the boss. As tough as he is, it's very hard to get enough people together to kill him.
This was my only criticism of the event. After getting the main reward and a cube or two there really wasn't much incentive to keep at it. Had fun though.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i just wish they werent shard bound. this is the main reason friends dont care about it much

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
i just wish they werent shard bound. this is the main reason friends dont care about it much
Ya I got one today on Balhae, (mine 2nd, the 1st was on Sonoma). Being it was shard bound I dropped it in the EMs mailbox since he was the one that took us there for an event.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 4 walls so far. Need 1 or 3 more. Drop rate sux. I've done over 50 spawns with 2 toons each. So thats 20 of 100 to get cubes.

1604183646326.png

I like the way ppl who have done <5 think they can determine the drop %. :dunce:

Reactions: Kir

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just hate how they release ''mysterious'' things without more information, tired of the latest poor patch notes. This doesn't give players the desire to do that mysterious content, when there is no infos about it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just hate how they release ''mysterious'' things without more information, tired of the latest poor patch notes. This doesn't give players the desire to do that mysterious content, when there is no infos about it.
When it drops it says a short wall went into your pack. There is no mystery.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mysterious fragments in treasure maps did not have any content related until patchs later, when they decided to buff their drop rate by 5x, they were later introduced to battles shrines.

So you think the blue cubes are meant to be wall in houses ?, hmm not so sure about that ... i think it is just a bug with the tool to make walls out of them, it wouldnt have the name ''cube'' if it was meant to be a wall

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mysterious fragments in treasure maps did not have any content related until patchs later, when they decided to buff their drop rate by 5x, they were later introduced to battles shrines.

So you think the blue cubes are meant to be wall in houses ?, hmm not so sure about that ... i think it is just a bug with the tool to make walls out of them, it wouldnt have the name ''cube'' if it was meant to be a wall
When you get one it does not say a mysterious cube has been placed in your pack. It says a short wall has been placed in your pack.
They gave us time to collect the mysterious fragments. They would sink into the ground at a shrine before shrine battles. So, if cubes do something they would be doing it now.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
When you get one it does not say a mysterious cube has been placed in your pack. It says a short wall has been placed in your pack.
They gave us time to collect the mysterious fragments. They would sink into the ground at a shrine before shrine battles. So, if cubes do something they would be doing it now.
Nope. I think its for some future thing. Would be worth collecting few at he least.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could be a bug though since they are just a re-hued graphic. Maybe not.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Could be a bug though since they are just a re-hued graphic. Maybe not.
You do know they are literally short walls right? When you turn them they make all the short wall shapes. The texture is a rough short wall.

If they didnt have such a crap drop rate they could make more colors later and we would have more wall options for deco.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the cube is related to the fiction and Fellowship storyline:

Batlin sat down and took a deep breath. He unwrapped a perfect cube carved in Blackrock. Then he extinguished the candle and waited in the darkness.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like some shards has no longer the spawn active nor the altar, pacific , siege perilous...

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
server up, the champ spawn has gone. so onto the next chapter. looks like no more blue cubes.......

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic, server up, the champ spawn has gone!

so finally the complaints will end and the "mystery of
the cube" that is a wall will be revealed! :scholar:

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
According to Kyronix just now at the meet and greet, they are purely decorative...but when pressed further about if they would have a future role, he said..."If it did, I wouldn't divulge that now, it'd be a surprise"

*Dum dum dum....*

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to Kyronix just now at the meet and greet, they are purely decorative...but when pressed further about if they would have a future role, he said..."If it did, I wouldn't divulge that now, it'd be a surprise"

*Dum dum dum....*
Cool thx!
"a mysterious cube" is "a mysterious cube".... there is nothing to explain.... its a "a mysterious cube" :bdh:

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Soon youll all destroy your walls of cube when they will release future content tied to cubes...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Thinking maybe possibly..Involve taming somehow..To allow you to re-stat messed up pets..or turn a pet's color to blue? Or..When clicked a new clicky pet will pop out or something..Or it will pop a saddle, so you can ride a Triceratops..Or..Or..Just continue to be a functionless little square deco..Who knows..Keep on guessing, and wishful thinking of course. :violin: