• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NPC vendor buyout

Aestra

Adventurer
i've searched high and low but i can't find any information on how it works. I have definitely observed what an NPC has in stock doubling after buying it out. I have also been trying to force it to happen and it seems to not always work.

Example. Bought 20 daggers. 40 were in stock next time it replenished.

Bought 20 black pearl. 20 in stock when it replenished.

Anyone know how this works?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not all commodities are on the list.

Some things are "after each 1000 sold, the price for each goes up 1 gold"

And, it's possible that reagents might be exempted from both, as they are the things probably most purchased by people that do so to package into deeds of 1000 for resale on house vendors.

Aestra

Adventurer
Not all commodities are on the list.

Some things are "after each 1000 sold, the price for each goes up 1 gold"

And, it's possible that reagents might be exempted from both, as they are the things probably most purchased by people that do so to package into deeds of 1000 for resale on house vendors.
I don’t understand your reply. I’m not worried about the cost but the quantity that is stocked.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many commodities double in quantity available on NPC vendors every time they sell out, so buy the 20 Black Pearls stocked and the npc restocks 40 Black Pearls. Buy the 40 and he restocks 80.......then 160, 320, 640 and so on. It keeps doubling as long as you buy it all out each time. I do the same thing when I need to restock arrows, bolts, bottles, scrolls, etc.

Aestra

Adventurer
Many commodities double in quantity available on NPC vendors every time they sell out, so buy the 20 Black Pearls stocked and the npc restocks 40 Black Pearls. Buy the 40 and he restocks 80.......then 160, 320, 640 and so on. It keeps doubling as long as you buy it all out each time. I do the same thing when I need to restock arrows, bolts, bottles, scrolls, etc.
It’s not working with black pearl at any of the moonglow or royal city vendors. Any tips where I can get it to work ??

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Some items come in quantities in 20. They USUALLY double, but it's possible some items might be exempted from the doubling effect. For example, if an NPC buys certain items, but doesn't sell them, it won't restock them. Some of the NPCs (especially in those two locations) aren't necessarily standard NPCs as well (different profession titles), and might not have been programmed to work exactly like the mage NPCs.

If a NPC vendor times out and is replaced by another NPC of the same profession (but a different name), the replacement NPC will be back to base amounts for the items sold in 20s (but appears to retain the prices for the 500-count items). Vendor resets are relatively rare, but sitting at Luna bank you'll occasionally see a tailor or blacksmith blink out, then a replacement appear.

Some items come in quantities of 500. They do not double, and go up in price every 1000 sold.

Note that the timer for the restock is different for each vendor (both in time between restocks, and when it occurs), and if a restock time passes while the amount is increased, the stock is reduced. So, if a vendor is bought out, it might go to 40, but if it attempts to restock while at 40, it drops back to 20, or to a number between 20 and 40 (then to 20 on the next restock).

There's been times where I've seen a vendor restock WHILE I'm buying from it. so that the things I was buying were not affected, but things I already bought were (typically, buying stuff to fill BODs) - slowing down my buying process or canceling the purchase because the number of items in stock was not the same when I clicked OK as it was when I opened the purchase menu.

Aestra

Adventurer
Some items come in quantities in 20. They USUALLY double, but it's possible some items might be exempted from the doubling effect. For example, if an NPC buys certain items, but doesn't sell them, it won't restock them. Some of the NPCs (especially in those two locations) aren't necessarily standard NPCs as well (different profession titles), and might not have been programmed to work exactly like the mage NPCs.

If a NPC vendor times out and is replaced by another NPC of the same profession (but a different name), the replacement NPC will be back to base amounts for the items sold in 20s (but appears to retain the prices for the 500-count items). Vendor resets are relatively rare, but sitting at Luna bank you'll occasionally see a tailor or blacksmith blink out, then a replacement appear.

Some items come in quantities of 500. They do not double, and go up in price every 1000 sold.

Note that the timer for the restock is different for each vendor (both in time between restocks, and when it occurs), and if a restock time passes while the amount is increased, the stock is reduced. So, if a vendor is bought out, it might go to 40, but if it attempts to restock while at 40, it drops back to 20, or to a number between 20 and 40 (then to 20 on the next restock).

There's been times where I've seen a vendor restock WHILE I'm buying from it. so that the things I was buying were not affected, but things I already bought were (typically, buying stuff to fill BODs) - slowing down my buying process or canceling the purchase because the number of items in stock was not the same when I clicked OK as it was when I opened the purchase menu.
Thank you !!! This is the problem. I was only checking back every few hours

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Some seem to restock quickly, some can take several hours. If I'm doing the "vendor shuffle" to buy supplies, I typically have 3-5 places marked with multiple sellers, and rotate between them without waiting, because "waiting (x) time and check back" is so unreliable.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually go to several npc mage vendors and buy all of them out and if you aren't competing with someone else doing the same thing and you have enough vendors it can go smoothly. Not sure about the daggers. Ingots go up in price.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I usually go to several npc mage vendors and buy all of them out and if you aren't competing with someone else doing the same thing and you have enough vendors it can go smoothly. Not sure about the daggers. Ingots go up in price.
For at least mage regs I do this combined with usage of green thorns by my LJ or miner. I've not ever bought out items ... just resource materials.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I ended up with a lot of supplies from a departing guild member.

Ironically, most of the time I buy out NPCs, it's for iron, cloth and regular leather items to put into BODs. And those do double on restock, but if you don't buy all 40 after the restock, the next restock is only to 28.