• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just dropping this right here...

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hi everyone,

Today we have banned over 700 accounts for involvement in third-party currency transactions. This is NOT allowed under our Terms and Conditions, in particular the following section:

Please be aware that the silver acquired from these sellers is fraudulently obtained. In most cases, the silver is purchased with Gold using stolen credit card or other payment information. As a result, once discovered, these payments are charged back - and we, as the merchant, are also hit with a chargeback fee. Purchasing from these third party sellers actively hurts SBI and the development of the game.

Apart from the above, we strongly believe in keeping a fair playing field and stable economy in the game. As such, we will continue to tackle this issue.

We are always investigating such reports and taking action on this matter. If you suspect anyone of being involved in third-party currency transactions, please report them to our support team at [email protected] with any evidence that you have.

- Mytherceria & Support Team

Continue reading...
This is how you hit Gold Sellers.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not to pick nits, but Albion Online sells its in-game currency for cash, so their bottom line is directly affected by RMT, especially when fraudulent CC transactions are concerned. Thus enforcement is of greater concern to them.

UO doesn't have quite the same issue...but it has allowed major RMTers to metastasize to the point that their leaving the game would negatively affect the bottom line. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
If I were a new player trying to compete with people that have been stashing gold for 23 years... I can't say I'd get down on them for buying a little gold. Back in the day I'd churn making shirts in Trinsic and run over to the island where there were always sheep to sheer. Got my first mage tower in Trinsic that way when Legends opened up and we were all newbie characters. But you can't even do that anymore. Well you can make shirts but the pay is horrible.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If I were a new player trying to compete with people that have been stashing gold for 23 years... I can't say I'd get down on them for buying a little gold. Back in the day I'd churn making shirts in Trinsic and run over to the island where there were always sheep to sheer. Got my first mage tower in Trinsic that way when Legends opened up and we were all newbie characters. But you can't even do that anymore. Well you can make shirts but the pay is horrible.
Well, a big part of the problem is they (RMT) are the folks who've jacked the economy to start with. They've effectively fixed the prices on anything desirable. Through duping, scripting and other means they've created an unlimited supply that they control for the most part. How many times have you heard someone trying to figure out a price on an item in game and use value they sell through RMT sites for cash then convert it to gold?