• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wot warrior setups are everyone using for Deceit?

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I am finding whips be fine Andy Pandy. Got myself setup with sword and board wit a nice shield. I find weapon lasting longer since I don't parry wit it wit compare to Sampire. Runnin as follows right nice;
120 Fence
120 Chiv
105 Tact
100 Anat
100 Necro
100 Parry
80 Heals
I got a chicken and rice sampire with all 120 skills I tried out but this heap of coke takes Joe Blake with ease play.
Just a left as sunshine on the paragons wit a slayer in hand. Can back-peddle to cleanse or heal if bandies a bit slow. Vamp form to clear weaklings out in mass without stopping. Parry is da big help with Rams. EoO as well on other paragons wit no slayer.
Just seems like no need for resist or evade way spawn is even when heavy.

Would like know wot yer guys find works great for speed down there?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Mage/SW/Tamer

imo massive area damage and a way to get the para's off of you is the way to go. Drop rate is not too bad that way.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I didn't do all that well with my Mage SW Tamer or my Necro Tamer. Did a bit better with my Thrower, but I used him during high time when the dungeon was pretty packed. Took my sampire this morning when it wasn't as crowded for all of half an hour and was getting drops left and right. I intend to try my Sword and Board Paladin to see how they do as well, but likely going to stick with my sampire going forward.

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
120 Swords
100 Anatomy
100 Tactics
100 Healing
100 Bushido
100 Parry
100 Chivalry

A "dragoon" template. I'm relying on my regular HLL, HML, HMSL, DI, Undead or Elemental Slayer Axes to leech health and control the regular spawn. If a paragon wanders up that's when I switch to keeping an eye on my health with the regular healing skill as well as evasion and confidence from Bushido.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I didn't do all that well with my Mage SW Tamer or my Necro Tamer.
SDI Tamer, drop rate was just fine for me. 15-20/hour at worst.
running through on my Cu hitting thunderstorm/essence all over the place with 125 sdi yielded the most drops for my by far. Big gold rascals pop and I put the Cu on it.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
running through on my Cu hitting thunderstorm/essence all over the place with 125 sdi yielded the most drops for my by far. Big gold rascals pop and I put the Cu on it.
You rezzed me last night at one point I believe - on Morgana or Urien ;)

I think as there are a bit less people there in future days, it will give rise to other templates being more successful. I think I made the mistake of trying to run two accounts simultaneously and not being able to react quick enough to both of them. Will give it a test again on my SW Mage Tamer with Cu later and focus more on the Thunderstrikes.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You rezzed me last night at one point I believe - on Morgana or Urien ;)
Yeah, I am so lost just coming back there were a few times I was trying to heal you and I kept hitting the maco for flame strike instead of gheal :D

Glad we are not guilded or you would have died quicker :lol:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 Archery
115 Tactics
110 Anat
100 Necro
100 Healing
90 Chiv
120 Bushido (with jewelry)

Conjurers Trinket
100% Fire Bow - Elemental Slayer, 50 Hit Fire Area, 37 ML, 30 SSI and 40 DI

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
120 swords/tactics/anat/heal/resist/parry
60 poison (don't need petals and meets the 300 goal)

Using 10 anat totem and 50 pts on jewels

Switch between 100 fire scimitar undead and 100 cold scimitar elemental with HLA instead of life leech

A nice change to be able to take out a pure warrior. The paragons are certainly a challenge, but fun!

Deaths happen when it gets chaotic down there but having fun immersing into it and have 10 now over
a very spread out three hours of play.

Good luck all!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Sampire
Swords 120
Bush 120
Tac 115
Necro 100
Ana 115
Healing 90.5 (+enh. Bandies)
Resist 56

Double Axes undead / ele
The Para Lich Lords / Poisen Ele are a challenge but fun
No Fire Area or any AoE Area weapons right? Othewise youll get ganked by the spellers?
Also you mention no Chiv- Are you using Chiv? Or you substituted healing for it due to the non-leaching from Paragons?

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
No Fire Area or any AoE Area weapons right? Othewise youll get ganked by the spellers?
You want Fire area for sure this event. I am running the new Whips for this event, Whirlwind and Armor Pierce as nice as AI on Paragons.
The mobs in this event are not to be scared of in mass unless you have more than one paragon in area.
Whirlwind with life leech is nice for mobs in mass.
Substituting something for healing on a sampire helps with paragons.
Parry comes in more use than resist as most the paragons are Rams or PE's which are not necro.
PE's healing helps, use PE slayer not elemental for them , I am doing run back and close wounds method when bandies can't keep up or could run protection and keep toe to toe when low. Also running to attack a non para mob for life leech works too.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't usually play a warrior type but doing alright with
120 swords
120 tact
120 anat
120 heal
120 Chiv
120 parry
40 bushi jewels

Made a couple bronze radiant scims with Undead and a Poison Elemental slayer LL and ML with 40DI and hit fireball

Armor is junk all 70s with 2 stam regen 2 mana regen 7 stam increase

jewels are a couple +20 bushi pieces 20HCI 15DCI 35DI 10 dex and 10ssi Legendary pieces hoarded over the years

Using a old Owned By Conjurers trinket undead slayer tali that character had on

get 6-7 per hour

Manage to stay alive mostly with bandaids and the leeches on the swords with occasional spam chiv healing. Not a GREAT set up or toon but it is working good enough for me. The stealth tamer templates and stealth mystic/mages I normally run are the least effective for me in there.

Junk gear, junk character but it does stay alive and swinging. OK the jewels not so much junk and I rarely use the undead sword since the Tali has that covered.

Groo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Also you mention no Chiv- Are you using Chiv? Or you substituted healing for it due to the non-leaching from Paragons?
Stoned off Parry for Healing beacause of the Para LL / PE
Using no Chiv and no area

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Human ABC Archer:
120 Archery
110 Anatomy
80 Bushido
100 Chivalry
100 Healing
100 Resist
110 Tactics
Undead Cameo or Conjurer's Trinket, and then Hit Fire Area Elemental Slayer composite bow with Hit Fire Area, Hit Lightning, SSI and DI. Switch back to a Yumi or non-slayer Composite Bow for the paragon Liches or Lich Lords that has mana leech. Can chain Armor Ignore for 250+ damage on either ellies or undeads.
Fairly straightforward to take on most things at 195 Stamina and can heal through with Chiv, Healing & Bushido confidence. Had 5 drops in about 35 minutes last night, even when it was busy.

Gorokar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
120 chival
115 resisting
120 taming
120 lore
120 archery
65 tactics
60 medit

4/6 and slayer bows. Works very well. Resisting spells is one of the most useful skills there

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Paladin (max DCI, HCI, LMC, 180+ sta, DI).

120 Swords
110 Anatomy
110 Tactics
100 Healing
120 Parry
80 Chivalry
110 Resisting Spells

I use longswords & AI everything to death. Lich paragons are not much trouble as long as I am not overwhelmed with spawn. Lich Lord paragons can be a bit dicey. I occasionally have to run to recover. The other paragons I can handle well unless I am overwhelmed with other spawn.

Because of the life leech nerf om the paragons, If you do not have some way to constantly heal yourself you are dead or running up the stairs every 15 seconds. I only use this character for grinding ingredients (to save wear and tear on my sampire suit) or for situations where my sampire is nerfed and my mage cannot survive because lack of defense.

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
120 Swords
120 Tac
120 Chiv
120 Bush
120 Resist
110 Parry
100 Necro

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Macer Paladin.
120 Macing
120 Chiv
GM Tact
GM Anat
GM Healing
GM Parry
80 Resist.

Undead Slayer Cameo with either a Maul or Barbed Whip. The Whip is 100% Fire Damage with Undead Slayer/50% HFA/81% HML/81% HLL/24% HSL, i use it for Whirlwind when surrounded. The Maul is 100% Fire Damage with Undead Slayer/25% DI/5% SSI/81% HML/44% HSL (needs to be remade), i use it for spamming Double Strike against singular foes.
Against Rams and Paragons, i use Stagger (Macing Mastery) to apply a -60% SSI debuff for 10 secs against them, which neuters their melee damage output. I can keep Stagger up on them indefinitely. Stagger is great for slowing down incoming melee damage in order to allow time for bandies to kick in.
This char can reliably solo the Lich Lord Room in Deceit, even though he was designed to solo Blackthorn's Captains.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Anyone else seen any Rams lately in Deceit?

Have not seen any, killed any and have not even seen corpses in hours on Atlantic. Did they turn their spawn off??

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Anyone else seen any Rams lately in Deceit?

Have not seen any, killed any and have not even seen corpses in hours on Atlantic. Did they turn their spawn off??
I saw no Rams on Atlantic on Sunday. They were all over the place on Saturday. I noticed the Lich Lord spawn to be increased too. I wonder if the spawn type is dynamic to add some variation to what would otherwise be a very static Treasures event. But really not sure. I actually miss the rams since they moved slow.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I saw no Rams on Atlantic on Sunday. They were all over the place on Saturday. I noticed the Lich Lord spawn to be increased too. I wonder if the spawn type is dynamic to add some variation to what would otherwise be a very static Treasures event. But really not sure. I actually miss the rams since they moved slow.
Yeah, same here. Late night last night on Atl rams came back and poison elle was all but gone. Can't wait to lose the spectral armor or LL's for a while tho

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The armor is back on LS. Already 3 para on the second floor. They are so annoying.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
10-8-200003.jpg
Drop rate for my tamer SW mage sucks, I am doing far better with the one above.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I drug out my guy I made when Elves arrived.

1602555363216.png

Our dungeon is crowded a lot. So tamer is too slow to get from live mob to live mob.
I tried a Sampire but I am not good enough at targeting or button pushing so he died a lot.

This guy with healing lasts a lot longer between deaths. He is actually able to keep his Lord Status.

Can solo up to para LL if I dont miss a button or targeting. Can help with para poison eles and Rams.
Use EoO and consecrate on non undead, I just use my undead weapon. Stagger works great as PSFTW said.
I am not quick enough to activate evasion or confidence, but have been doing fine with just bandaging.
Since you can leech mana from Paragons, I started using Toughness. It takes me to 151 HP.
We were kicking ass tonight on the paragons.

I still use studded barbed gloves that were made before reforging.

Last edited:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@BeaIank you had to go and say something. Spectral Armors are all over the place on Legends today :(

Lord Telchar

Adventurer
seems the mobs are a bit different every day, sometimes there is no fire element or no poison elements at all, and i saw a Fire Steed the other day but only for once

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was doing pretty well against the paragons with

120 Swords
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Resist
60 Parrying

Was using the bushido mastery and overcapped dex to keep the bandi heals at 4s,hit life leech on the weapons for help against the non paragons.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Our dungeon is crowded a lot. So tamer is too slow to get from live mob to live mob.
I tried a Sampire but I am not good enough at targeting or button pushing so he died a lot.
It seems a lot of Tamers do not know how to create a one button macro to call pet, jump on pet... and another to jump off of pet, spam all kill and have target cursor waiting as soon as they do. I can keep up with Samps running through Deceit...

and I am rusty :p

*edit*
this macro is made with UOAssist, not one of the unmentionables, I don't run them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It seems a lot of Tamers do not know how to create a one button macro to call pet, jump on pet... and another to jump off of pet, spam all kill and have target cursor waiting as soon as they do. I can keep up with Samps running through Deceit...

and I am rusty :p

*edit*
this macro is made with UOAssist, not one of the unmentionables, I don't run them.
LS is weird. The long time residents go get their bodies with just the death robe on So you have to constantly heal them. Once they dismount they go on foot with whatever pet.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
LS is weird. The long time residents go get their bodies with just the death robe on So you have to constantly heal them. Once they dismount they go on foot with whatever pet.
Dunno if that is old skool... noob... just stupid... a 'naked dungeon run challenge'... or a combination of them all. :thumbup1:

Aestra

Adventurer
I’ve coached at least three people through a re-equip macro. Both clients can easily create one.

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Still doing good with my setup.
Opened that wall on top west side of 3rd floor , guy was coming with 3 para lich lords in tow..... I closed it back and watched him die..........had me laughing for five mins or so.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Got 2 cubes, did all the quests and have been running around Deceit, with the same guy I had 20 years ago, by myself. Decent equipment but not awesome. So I don't think it's really much of a big deal what you run. The UEV took me a good 30 minutes to chop down lol Needed a slayer for that I guess. But that was nothing compared to the hours and hours to get the cubes. I did appreciate an event where I didn't need 4 friends to do. Didn't do the boss at the black gate, but I wasn't really very interested in the tailsman. More into deco. But I'm not sure how many would try the boss without help.

Untitled.jpg

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Taming/Mage/Necro. Having a blast. Nothing better than laying waste to an army of lower level MOBs with a single wither.

Edit: Sorry, missed the “warrior” part, haha.

Last edited:

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Changed my setup now that I got the stam shoulder pieces. Jewels now have no ssi so I can imbue ez pz. 15 hci 15 dci healing and parry 10 each and dmg inc. Could change one to no damage inc cause shield has stats and dmg with 10ssi.
120 Fence
120 Chiv
105 Tact
100 Anat
100 Necro
120 Parry
100 Heals
Nothing blood oaths enough that I miss evasion. I can solo all the paras there with double undead slayer and lesser slayers and EoO for rams.
It is fun to run in Vamp form and have healing as well.
Spent a good chunk of change on spiked whip recipe and have been reforging whips, which is a slow process but have plus 29 exp tinker tali so I have 35 percent chance to make exceptional.
Been having a good time getting 24-36 drops on a good hour with potions.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just made a new Maul for this, along with my Whip. Maul for DS on single target, Barbed Whip for WW on groups. Pair them with this shield.

Undead Maul.PNG Undead Whip.PNG Shield 1.PNG

Ning

Journeyman
I've got all old 15-20 year old builds and have gotten annoyingly dirtnapped on every toon I've tried every time I've gone in there. So I decided I really don't need to participate in this one. This thread has given me an idea on ways to go to modernize my builds so thank you for the helpful information. It'll probably be the best thing I get out of this whole event. LoL