• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Highest DPS build

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Looking to make a new character and want to try to deal as much damage as possible. I’ll probably use it with groups or in tandem with another client tanking the damage (or bard crowd controlling)

Is there some sort of glass cannon build that is best for DPS ?

I would have guessed some sort of archer or thrower.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For a Warrior...GM LJ Swords Sampire.
120 Swords (must be real)
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
GM LJ (real)
GM Necro (real)
GM Bushido
60+ Chiv.
Lvl 3 Swords Mastery

Jewelry can be used to obtain the Tactics/Anat/Bush/Chiv if you want. Onslaught and Double Strike with 100% Elemental Double Axe, or Hatchet for AI.
To pump up his solo DPS, you could temporarily put Taming/Lore on the char, and level a Vollem once and give it 120 Discord, it'll still remain 100% control chance without Taming/Lore. Repeatedly tell it to All Kill then All Follow Me until it successfully lands a Disco on the boss, then have it either stay or follow you around (if the boss doesn't AoE). That's what Corpse does in this video.

Another high DPS build, is an Archer/Tamer. Archer uses a 100% Energy Yumi for Double Shot while his Disco+CB Triton tanks the enemy and debuffs it with Disco and Conductive Blast, increasing the damage the Archer deals.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
For a Warrior...GM LJ Swords Sampire.
120 Swords (must be real)
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
GM LJ (real)
GM Necro (real)
GM Bushido
60+ Chiv.
Lvl 3 Swords Mastery

Jewelry can be used to obtain the Tactics/Anat/Bush/Chiv if you want. Onslaught and Double Strike with 100% Elemental Double Axe, or Hatchet for AI.
To pump up his solo DPS, you could temporarily put Taming/Lore on the char, and level a Vollem once and give it 120 Discord, it'll still remain 100% control chance without Taming/Lore. Repeatedly tell it to All Kill then All Follow Me until it successfully lands a Disco on the boss, then have it either stay or follow you around (if the boss doesn't AoE). That's what Corpse does in this video.

Another high DPS build, is an Archer/Tamer. Archer uses a 100% Energy Yumi for Double Shot while his Disco+CB Triton tanks the enemy and debuffs it with Disco and Conductive Blast, increasing the damage the Archer deals.
Do you think the LJ is worth it? I was considering making a second sampire and testing. If you have max Tactics, Anat and LJ - I would think you're not getting much out of Chiv/Bush at that point because you're hitting the caps. Somewhere in another video post, Corpse said his LJ build was "sword100 tactics120 anatomy120 bushido30 chivalry50 necromancy100 lumberjacking100 resistance100" (watched it and copied that sentence then lost track of which video it was).

Deschet

Journeyman
Thought I read that Tact Anat and LJ were all related to the DI cap (with LJ allowing the DI to exceed 300), while Chiv/Bush affect the damage modifier cap, so I don't understand the comment about not getting much out of Chiv/Bush. Unless you're assuming the use of a slayer, then yes, one (Chiv or Bush) becomes redundant. Right?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thought I read that Tact Anat and LJ were all related to the DI cap (with LJ allowing the DI to exceed 300), while Chiv/Bush affect the damage modifier cap, so I don't understand the comment about not getting much out of Chiv/Bush. Unless you're assuming the use of a slayer, then yes, one (Chiv or Bush) becomes redundant. Right?
Yes, my assumption is you would be using Slayer Cameos - or at the very least, Slayer mod on the weapon.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you think the LJ is worth it? I was considering making a second sampire and testing. If you have max Tactics, Anat and LJ - I would think you're not getting much out of Chiv/Bush at that point because you're hitting the caps. Somewhere in another video post, Corpse said his LJ build was "sword100 tactics120 anatomy120 bushido30 chivalry50 necromancy100 lumberjacking100 resistance100" (watched it and copied that sentence then lost track of which video it was).
It's a glass cannon build, built for highest amount of damage. The GM Bush is for Honor (still needed vs foes with no Slayer, and still grants +100 Luck per step of Perfection), increased WW damage, control of a Lesser Hiryu (which Grasping Claw can further buff your damage against Physical weak enemies), as well as reaching the 300 skill Special Move discount.
The Chiv is for EoO against non-Slayer foes. Con Wep is still useful against some Champs that have spawn with varied Resists, such as the Khaldun Champ Spawn (although, i wouldn't advice doing that spawn without Resist skill, which not only functions against the usual spellcasters, but also the Shadow Fiend's Life Steal Aura, which is nasty when they group up).

Last edited:

WonDumBaldGuy

Adventurer
Without Counter attack, it is not the highest DPS. To maximize counterattack, 120 parry and bushi, parry 3 primer, divine fury, 2 handed weapon. But it is hard to keep counter attack active it is going off so much at that rate. If you average 8 CA's per minute, at an average AI damage of 150, you are seeing a 20% damage increase per second.