• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Undead Lords Event - No Life Leech On Paragons

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cannot leech life from the paragons in the event. So a sampire is just effed on this event - or any other template that relies on it. Ever try to solo a paragon lich lord or even a regular lich without life leech or with just bandages? An archer or pure mage will also die fast to them. It really seems that this development team only wants a select few templates to be able to do new content without significant frustration. In this game the trend is to have mobs (especially event or special mobs) to instant reveal you over and over and over, instant dispell your summons, instant aggro on you after rez - coming out of an invis (if you are not revealed) - go within a screen of them, more and more mobs not allowing life leech or having corrupted life leech. Every now and then, I am fine with it. But now this is becoming the normal for events with this development team. I do not mind a challenge. But this is getting old fast. If this keeps up, I really do not see any point in bothering with new content. I do not want to be forced into making a tamer just so I can kill the increasing use of paragon type mobs that are resistant to my templates.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Melee toons are running around all over. They do just fine. WoD dont work on them. You get revealed by them. They change targets over and over.

Players wanted ways to end afk farming. There will be no afk farmers here.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Maybe if you were the only person fighting it , but having so many people in deceit it shouldn't be a problem. Tamers help so find one to help you?

My concern is there isnt enough spawn at times so I m running around wasting time trying to get drops.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Glad to see they made things challenging for Sampires... and afk farmers.

Now, if they would just make it to where 'points' to get a drop reset when ya hid or invised, that would be great!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
And like someone else said...just avoid the paragons ;)

Yes sampire can't just stand in one spot and Whirlwind all day long...which is GOOD! I HATE AFK farmers....I saw a few the first day...one tamer standing on one side of the wall while her Cu was on the other....left and came back awhile later...dead dog, no tamer....that poor thing was dead down there for the rest of the day lol.

I am going to try again on my Samp...I've seen them down there but when those paragons spawn you just have to hope you can survive it..either that or run (Which a lot of people STILL do, stupid people got me killed that way a few times yesterday...PARAGONS ARE FAST DO NOT RUN!) Geesh!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
either that or run (Which a lot of people STILL do, stupid people got me killed that way a few times yesterday...PARAGONS ARE FAST DO NOT RUN!) Geesh!
A lot of folks seem to have forgotten to use teleport to jump away from paragons. Have seen a lot of mages run, just to be chased down. The only way you will ever out run one is leaving that level and getting on another one.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cannot leech life from the paragons in the event. So a sampire is just effed on this event - or any other template that relies on it. Ever try to solo a paragon lich lord or even a regular lich without life leech or with just bandages? An archer or pure mage will also die fast to them. It really seems that this development team only wants a select few templates to be able to do new content without significant frustration. In this game the trend is to have mobs (especially event or special mobs) to instant reveal you over and over and over, instant dispell your summons, instant aggro on you after rez - coming out of an invis (if you are not revealed) - go within a screen of them, more and more mobs not allowing life leech or having corrupted life leech. Every now and then, I am fine with it. But now this is becoming the normal for events with this development team. I do not mind a challenge. But this is getting old fast. If this keeps up, I really do not see any point in bothering with new content. I do not want to be forced into making a tamer just so I can kill the increasing use of paragon type mobs that are resistant to my templates.
So what you are saying is that there is something wrong because your one template cannot rule everything?
Gotcha!

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
People run bah me all the time with tha Paragon PE's runnin them down, They JUST WANNA HUG MAN! But if you stand still thay wont retarget onto you so I play freeze tag.... LOL

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i been running a sampire in there and i really havent had to many issue if you know how to play your sampire right and use his abilties effectively its not that hard.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Besides, Life Leech working on undead was always one of the "Things that make you go Whut?" in the game. After all, most paper and dice games with abilities similar to life leech have never let LL-like abilities work against undead - or worse, make the user take damage from it.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Besides, Life Leech working on undead was always one of the "Things that make you go Whut?" in the game. After all, most paper and dice games with abilities similar to life leech have never let LL-like abilities work against undead - or worse, make the user take damage from it.
Yeah, i was just thinking that. You'd think that ALL Undead would possess Corrupted Life.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use confidence, Evasion and Close Wounds when necessary. I've seen quite a few Sampires soloing the Paragons down there. You can also team up with another player who has healing and have the sampire "tank" while the other player heals the sampire while attacking the paragon. This dungeon does require a little strategy but it's not all that difficult.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am having next to no problems dealing with them with my mace warrior template that has healing on it.
Stagger them to slow them down, keep bandages running, cast confidence as needed and fall back to heal if you get overwhelmed.
Pretty simple.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am having next to no problems dealing with them with my mace warrior template that has healing on it.
Stagger them to slow them down, keep bandages running, cast confidence as needed and fall back to heal if you get overwhelmed.
Pretty simple.
And turn on toughness for HP boost. Use EoO to boost damage. I just use my Undead War Hammer of Whoop Ass on everything.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And turn on toughness for HP boost. Use EoO to boost damage. I just use my Undead War Hammer of Whoop Ass on everything.
Macing level 3 mastery is rocking the world on this event.
About time it had it's chance to shine.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, my Macer goes up to 177 Health during Toughness. I'll use it when fighting Ossein Ram Paragons or Lich Lord Paragons.

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I am findin fencin fun wi'h 'he whips. Da fencin moves pierce 'o slah 'hem down & 'hrus' faw ex'ra damage. Also armaw pierce weapon special does mawe damage 'han armaw ignawe on all 'he big baddies 'here.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
They added Paragon humanoids that hit like a freight train. Are they supposed to be undead? If they are humanoids and not undead then cannot use undead slayer on them. Also I don't think you can leach off of them. What would be a good weapon for them? Repond? How do you kill them? Also my healing is only like 75-76 only but use enhanced bandies. Healing is going up slowly. Using Sampire 120 swords, 120 Bushi, and 110 tact, 115 Parry, Chiv is only like 60, all 70's res, 150 HP, 191 Stam, so far using Double axes Undead, Elemental, Fire area Fire 100%, 3 different ones.
I think I may train Macing, but event will be over by then.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am findin fencin fun wi'h 'he whips. Da fencin moves pierce 'o slah 'hem down & 'hrus' faw ex'ra damage. Also armaw pierce weapon special does mawe damage 'han armaw ignawe on all 'he big baddies 'here.
Yep. Whips are the only 1H WW Wep that Fencing and Macing get. Swords has both the Radiant Scimitar and Bladed Whip for 1H WW. Fencing gets Spiked Whip, which has the best Special combo for Whips with Armor Pierce and WW. Macing gets the Barbed Whip, which has Concussion Blow (virtually useless against most foes) and WW. Swords gets the Bladed Whip, which has Bleed (crappy) and WW.
Here's the Undead Slayer Barbed Whip that i crafted for my Macer, and the Shield that he uses.
Undead Whip.PNG Shield 1.PNG

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yep. Whips are the only 1H WW Wep that Fencing and Macing get. Swords has both the Radiant Scimitar and Bladed Whip for 1H WW. Fencing gets Spiked Whip, which has the best Special combo for Whips with Armor Pierce and WW. Macing gets the Barbed Whip, which has Concussion Blow (virtually useless against most foes) and WW. Swords gets the Bladed Whip, which has Bleed (crappy) and WW.
Here's the Undead Slayer Barbed Whip that i crafted for my Macer, and the Shield that he uses.
View attachment 112735 View attachment 112736
Nice! Firat you need the recipie for the whips I assume. Then you make a plain barbed whip out of basic materials, Then you reforge? Then POF, then imbue. For the reforging what ?hammer/tool you use? Shadow Iron or? Then you will get Fire 100& eventually, and maybe one of the "hits", then you reforge the rest? You have HLL & HML in the 80s' likely came from the reforge? Then you added the Slayer prop, and HFA 50%? Appreciate info.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
They added Paragon humanoids that hit like a freight train. Are they supposed to be undead? If they are humanoids and not undead then cannot use undead slayer on them. Also I don't think you can leach off of them. What would be a good weapon for them? Repond? How do you kill them? Also my healing is only like 75-76 only but use enhanced bandies. Healing is going up slowly. Using Sampire 120 swords, 120 Bushi, and 110 tact, 115 Parry, Chiv is only like 60, all 70's res, 150 HP, 191 Stam, so far using Double axes Undead, Elemental, Fire area Fire 100%, 3 different ones.
I think I may train Macing, but event will be over by then.
Sooo..What are these humanoids there? Shoul we try repond slayer on them?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice! Firat you need the recipie for the whips I assume. Then you make a plain barbed whip out of basic materials, Then you reforge? Then POF, then imbue. For the reforging what ?hammer/tool you use? Shadow Iron or? Then you will get Fire 100& eventually, and maybe one of the "hits", then you reforge the rest? You have HLL & HML in the 80s' likely came from the reforge? Then you added the Slayer prop, and HFA 50%? Appreciate info.
Yes, the Recipes for the Whips were a drop from Krampus. The whips themselves are pretty difficult to craft, having a craft chance of 50% and Exceptional chance of 5% at GM Tinkering. Fortunately i have a 30/30 Tinkering Talisman, so 80% Craft/35% Exceptional chance then. Still had to craft a buttload of Barbed Whips, and Reforge the Exceptional ones with a Shadow Runic Hammer until i got a 100% Fire one. You can reforge a 30% Physical/70% Fire Whip with a Dull Copper Runic, then enhance it to 100% Fire with Bronze, but that has a good chance to break (can't use +60 ASH for it), and even if it works, it still doesn't end up with the same fiery color. So i'd just stick with Shadow Runic, especially considering how much of a pain in the ass crafting Exceptional Whips in bulk is. Not to mention, you can't recycle the whips (other than unravelling the Exceptional ones that fail to reforge 100% Element), and each one is 5 ingots/10 Leather. Hell, i had to farm up 60k normal Leather and transfer it to Atlantic to craft the whips.
I then PoFed it to 255 Dur, applied a Whetstone of Enervation to remove the DI (i get 100% DI from my Jewelry+Shield+Talisman), and imbued Undead Slayer, HFA, HML, HLL, and HSL.

Between the 100% DI from gear, Undead Slayer on wep, and Undead Slayer on Cameo, i hit the 300% Damage cap against Undead. With my 100% Fire Undead Slayer Maul, i one shot Liches, and two-shot Lich Lords with a Stagger+Double Strike. Oftentimes killing them before they can get a single cast off.

Last edited:

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i think the devs did a good job except for a few hiccups. sometimes there are alot of paras which makes it fun for me.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
No Humans on LS.

You sure you've been there? How many drops u got?
Just started so sadly only 5 drops, but due to time contraints only..It was on GL, and last night, late also Tram. The humans were reddish, of course could not lore them and hit very hard no leaching off of them. Also there was a complete assortment of the usual minor undeads, Rams, Para Rams, Poinon Elies and Para Poison Elies. Could not leach off the Humans, PElies, PRams as noted. Also the Para Silversnakes had highest level poison, that could not be cleared with the Chiv spell. Not too many players on GL, and there were roomfulls of stuff, incluning several ParaRams together. Lots of death robes too, lol.
Looks like there are different mobs in diff shards, and they may vary from time to time?
No humans on ATL when I took a tamer there. Interesting.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yes, the Recipes for the Whips were a drop from Krampus. The whips themselves are pretty difficult to craft, having a craft chance of 50% and Exceptional chance of 5% at GM Tinkering. Fortunately i have a 30/30 Tinkering Talisman, so 80% Craft/35% Exceptional chance then. Still had to craft a buttload of Barbed Whips, and Reforge the Exceptional ones with a Shadow Runic Hammer until i got a 100% Fire one. You can reforge a 30% Physical/70% Fire Whip with a Dull Copper Runic, then enhance it to 100% Fire with Bronze, but that has a good chance to break (can't use +60 ASH for it), and even if it works, it still doesn't end up with the same fiery color. So i'd just stick with Shadow Runic, especially considering how much of a pain in the ass crafting Exceptional Whips in bulk is. Not to mention, you can't recycle the whips (other than unravelling the Exceptional ones that fail to reforge 100% Element), and each one is 5 ingots/10 Leather. Hell, i had to farm up 60k normal Leather and transfer it to Atlantic to craft the whips.
I then PoFed it to 255 Dur, applied a Whetstone of Enervation to remove the DI (i get 100% DI from my Jewelry+Shield+Talisman), and imbued Undead Slayer, HFA, HML, HLL, and HSL.

Between the 100% DI from gear, Undead Slayer on wep, and Undead Slayer on Cameo, i hit the 300% Damage cap against Undead. With my 100% Fire Undead Slayer Maul, i one shot Liches, and two-shot Lich Lords with a Stagger+Double Strike. Oftentimes killing them before they can get a single cast off.
Very nice info. Thanks! Are the whip recipies available now days on VS?
Will check it out..
Nice so the high level 80's HML, HSL, HLL and HFA come from the fact that the whip has more imbue points due to stemming from an exceptional item, after you remove the DI property with enervation. Makes sense.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
So bunch of humanoids all paragons, they reflect damage also : So if you cast against them you get hit also. Paragon speed and all. RC takes them down but you got to have high resists and heal fast. They hit hard. Using caster ( GRGIE Mystic/SW 120 now runs fast). Not one death so far, 4 more drops in like 1 hour. To get the good stuff you need 100 drops. And the books are now 250 drops. Good luck collecting these! But it is fun. Rezzing lots of folks. SDI is only 80 or so but works.
Will check ATL to see if they put humanoids there.
Nothing to lose by touching the luck statue also. Who knows..

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On LA we had those Spectral Armors from Khaldun added a couple days into the event. They take forever to kill when paragon, but at least do negligible damage.

Lord Telchar

Adventurer
On LA we had those Spectral Armors from Khaldun added a couple days into the event. They take forever to kill when paragon, but at least do negligible damage.
as they can’t open door..... i usually just find a room and lock it in.

for normal one i’m actually happy to have it around, so i have something to leech when i’m fighting other paragons

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The humanoids that are red you speak of are executioners from the jail area on the first level. They have always been in that area. They were part of the original invasions of Magincia decades ago. There are moongates in their room. Even non-paragon versions of them are a pain in the butt. Can find them in Wrong also. Pretty much only see tamers soloing them. They are just not worth the effort or time.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The humanoids that are red you speak of are executioners from the jail area on the first level. They have always been in that area. They were part of the original invasions of Magincia decades ago. There are moongates in their room. Even non-paragon versions of them are a pain in the butt. Can find them in Wrong also. Pretty much only see tamers soloing them. They are just not worth the effort or time.
Ty for info.