• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Champion Spawns start today (Black Gate)??

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've been running around trying to find some sort of champion in all the quest places without any luck. Anyone else seen anything close to a champ spawn going on yet or perhaps it hasn't been put in place yet?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They said the week of the 29th. Which is odd since you usually put Monday's date.

Also I think they said it is Treasures of Deceit.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
October 5 - 9, 2020 - Treasures of Deceit goes live! Venture deep inside the treacherous dungeon Deceit to slay creatures and collect artifacts for turnin to claim treasures

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Assuming they will likely publish something on the UO site for the announcement of the Champ being active or would it be via the Town Crier?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I can't find it right now but they said the Champ spawn was a part of The Black Gate Quest so I don't think it's ToD....maybe they said it in the livestream?

Still looking...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh and from the patch notes...they are 2 distinctly different things:

Dynamic Treasures Event
New dynamically created Treasures events can now be used for Global and EM events. The Dynamic Treasures events will allow both the UO Dev Team & UO Event Moderator team to create customized Treasures events (similar to Treasures of Tokuno) without the back-end work these events traditionally require.

Dynamic Treasures events function just like our previous treasures events – defeat creatures to collect minor artifacts that can be turned in for rewards!
Dynamic Treasures creatures have a chance to spawn as Paragon.
Dynamic Treasures creatures will be identified with a unique item property.
Dynamic Treasures minor artifact drops are subject to diminishing returns when fighting the same creature.
Dynamic Champion Spawns
New dynamically created Champ Spawns can now be used for Global and EM events. The Dynamic Champion spawns will allow both the UO Dev Team & UO Event Moderator team to create customized champ spawns without the back-end work these encounters traditionally require.

Dynamic Champ spawns function just like a normal champ spawn – defeat increasingly more difficult creatures until the Champion boss spawns to receive a reward!
Challenge the Champion in 26 New Champ Locations!
Customizable participation and top contributor rewards for each Champion Encounter.
Champion boss spawn scales based on player density, up to two Champions spawning per encounter.
Dynamic Champion Spawns do not drop any scrolls.

So ToD is a dyanamic Treasure Event...the Black Gate Champ is a dynamic champ spawn.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Live Event Calendar

Week of September 29 - The next exciting phase of the Black Gate is coming to all shards! Sharpen your blades, ready your spells, and feed your pets as we prepare for this CHAMPION SPAWN!

It does say Champion Spawn.
From

Maybe we enter thru a Black Gate.

I'm ready, I just got my missing Virtue stone last night.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1601398984152.png

Exactly!

So...sometime this week....??? Expect them to announce it on uo.com first.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
October 5 - 9, 2020 - Treasures of Deceit goes live!

Does this mean it will roll out shard by shard? Why? It was tested.