• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help. Transferring character issue except I'm not transferring anyone...

Magdalena Chef

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no idea where to post this - so if someone could direct me to the correct spot I'd appreciate it.

I haven't been able to log into my account on Atlantic for 20+hours. I keep getting the message that a character transfer is happening and I have to wait. I'm not transferring any character. I'm able to log into my account on other shards.

I have been paging a GM and waiting for over 4 hours at this point going on 5 hours. I've been waiting on a Gm from the last page on another account from months ago. lol

Any ideas where I can post this? Which forum etc. or who I can contact?

Thank you in advance! :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Keep paging... though You'll have more luck probably during normal business hours.

You can email the powers that be ie Mesanna at [email protected] hope that helps.

PoiZ-Ivy

Adventurer
EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data
if u go to that do you have the char name on a shard it should not be on?
if you do would del that info on the incorrect shard help at all ?
then try and log in,
but just to be safe you should copy that file data or do a back up just incase ?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The only way to fix it is to page a GM on another shard and just wait for them to eventually show up. This usually happens when your transfer runs into the destination shard’s server down. It doesn’t know your character ever arrived because it was during server down when everything was off.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey they will help you, same thing got me when a bazillion off sharders were xferring the LS em toy to Atlantic. Don't give up!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only way to fix it is to page a GM on another shard and just wait for them to eventually show up. This usually happens when your transfer runs into the destination shard’s server down. It doesn’t know your character ever arrived because it was during server down when everything was off.
I've had it do it to the Origination shard as well. i Transferred a Character from Origin to Atlantic. at about 5 minutes to restart. Origin locked up but i was able to log onto Atlantic. To OP if you didn't do a transfer, did you maybe do a character copy to TC from that shard?

Magdalena Chef

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had transferred a day before that and that character arrived on my home shard. I know it was early in the morning but I can't remember exactly when...might have been too close to the shard downtime. (I know not to do that again). Thank you! Now I have to try and fix it.

Magdalena Chef

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had it do it to the Origination shard as well. i Transferred a Character from Origin to Atlantic. at about 5 minutes to restart. Origin locked up but i was able to log onto Atlantic. To OP if you didn't do a transfer, did you maybe do a character copy to TC from that shard?

I think that's the issue (too close to server down) Captn N said the same thing. How did you fix it? I ended up emptying everything off a character and using another transfer token (grrr) back to Atlantic. Character got there (just checked) and I'm going to try going back after the cool down tommorrow. *crosses fingers* Thank you all for the help! :heart:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think that's the issue (too close to server down) Captn N said the same thing. How did you fix it? I ended up emptying everything off a character and using another transfer token (grrr) back to Atlantic. Character got there (just checked) and I'm going to try going back after the cool down tommorrow. *crosses fingers* Thank you all for the help! :heart:
i just Paged a gm and gave them all the specifics and they had it fixed in about 20 minutes.