• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mystic Thrower Template - Need Advice

DM Wyvern

Visitor
Hi Team UO Warriors!

I a new / returning player that is about to max out the skills for my current template. It has been about two years since I last logged into UO and I only vaguely remember what I was trying to do. Much of this remains all new to me so I could use the advice of established veterans like yourselves!

I believe I was working towards this template posted by Lord GOD(GOD) back in 2017:

120 Weapon
90 Tactics
90 Healing
90 Anatomy
120 Mysticism
120 Focus
90 Chivalry

You want 120 real skill in anything you intend to use the Mastery for. You want 120 weapon skill after items even if you're not using the Mastery as it is both your hit and defense. You want 120 Mysticism/Focus after items even if you're not using the Mastery because it affects the benefits and protection of Stone Form among other spells. Most of the other skills can fluctuate depending on how much you're using them, and availability/viability of skill increase items. For example if you're using Solider's Medal that's an extra 10 Tactics. You could have Heal/Anat as low as 80 and use the points to get Tactics or Chivalry to 120. Tactics can go as low as 60 for using specials.

The first thing to do with the suit is figure out what you can realistically achieve for Stam/SSI, depending on how much you intend to play in Stone Form (personally I'd be in it most of the time when fighting) you need to factor in the SSI penalty which *I think* is -10. Although you can't be cursed in Stone Form to lose Stamina you still lose it by taking damage so may want 10 or so more than you need. It works in thresholds of 30, and as you would want at least 140 Dex anyway for your bandage speed, your Stamina could be 150 (160 with a buffer for damage), 180 (190 with buffer), or 210 (unlikely to be viable with the need for LRC on suit). You also really want your Str to be high so that you have maximum range with your Soul Glaive if you're still going Throwing. You need to factor in these stat increases (unless you're just going to use potions constantly) early on as it'll in part determine what Imbuing slots you have left for things like HCI/DI/skill increase on your jewellery. On the armour you want to factor in Stamina Increase, LRC, LMC, resists, HP Increase, Mana Increase.

A good place to start would be VvV Mave & Shield glasses, VvV Crimson Cincture as that would be your 140 Dex done, and if you have Warriors Gift that will be 140 Str too. You could use the Primer Of Arms Talisman too if you don't want to use Soldier's Medal or Cameo's. Stone Boots for 4 Dex. Chest clothes slot for sashes/epaulettes can give either 5 DCI 1 Stam or 1 Mana, or 5 Int/2 MR/10 LRC. Robe slot can also be 5 DCI/ MR, or 3 HP/5 Int (HP Increase useful obviously as it takes Imbuing weight off of your armour) If you're going with Throwing I wouldn't care too much about DCI, but may end up with some anyway if you use the Stam piece.

With the resists, I can't remember exactly what the combination of everything gives, but bear in mind you can still be Corpse Skinned in Stone Form. Which I don't think you can still counter act. *I think* Stone Form gives +10 all caps, and +10 all resists, and Protection will give -15 Physical. So to be all 80's in Stone Form/Protection you would need 85/70/70/70/70 resists from your armour.

There are different ways of playing hybrids, you can play it more like a caster, or more like a dexxer. The advice here is for playing it more like a dexxer, so the need for mana is pretty low, in heat of battle you're going to be casting; Chivalry spells (obviously), Enchant (to give your weapon Spell Channel so it doesn't unequip and leave you defenseless when Summoning Colossus or casting other Mysticism spells, it comes with 60 Hit Spell too, if the thing your fighting counter attacks like Medusa, Stygian, Dark Fathers, Slasher etc, then set it to Hit Dispel to avoid the trigger - you can also use that for Dispelling Revenants if Dispel Evil from Chivalry is not an option - like when out of mana), refreshing your Healing Stone/Spell Trigger, Cleansing Wind if you need to Remove Curses, Mass Sleep (very useful on many boss encounters and hunts in general - you can effectively use it as 'Invis' - on things like Semidar it gives you enough time to summon another Colossus)... you can also use all of the other spells if you want to but they are limited in usefulness when playing on a Protection hybrid, you could play this just as; Summon Colossus and go dexxer mode.

For 55 LMC you need 5 Stone pieces on a Gargoyle, you can reforge these for 10 Stamina, and enhance them for extra resists. This is all very expensive and depending on what shard your on the availability of Granite (which can't be reused) for making all the right base resist pieces can be difficult, it gets more expensive and time consuming if you're reforging and don't get the property you want, and then more again if you enhance it with a Forged Metal tool. Whether you consider it worth going to all this effort is up to you and your own finances etc.

You can't combine Stone Form and Armour Refinement. Although you may think about using Armour Refinement for more resists when not in Stone Form, I'm 99% certain that it then prevents you from getting the higher resist increase in Stone Form as the armour will take precedent over the form. (Meaning you'll be in Stone Form with all 75's instead of all 80's.)

You can't enhance Gargish Stone Amulets for additional resist as they are jewellery (although the game still lets you do it - and subsequently waste expensive Forget Metal charges doing so.)

///

I am looking to take on Stygian Abyss Mini Champion Spawns and hope to remain competitive in PvM Hunts / Raids. Will this template allow me to be effective here?

Secondly, I am looking for a high damage Throwing template that is also capable of quickly leveling Fel Champion Spawns. Could anyone suggest how to build / equip a template like that?

Vaalkryst

Visitor
So I am currently running a mystic thrower but with tamer twist and it solos fel champ spawns very well and quickly. Running a lot of plus stats between cleanup talisman and both peices of jewelry but still have to hit 50-60 SSI and at least 150 stam. Best part is flying with 5 slot creatures. Final Build is:

120 Mysticism (+5 on ring to compensate for level 3 mysticism weapon mastery)
120 Focus
120 Animal Taming
110 Lore
120 Chiv
100 Tactics (+30 jewels, +10 Talis)
100 Anatomy (+30 jewels)

Notable gear needed to make the build shine:
Imbued Jewels
Breastplate of the Berserker
Prismatic Lenses
Full Slayer Glaive set with 30DI Slayer 30SSI HitArea SpellChannel
Bane Glaive from invasion imbued for non slayer encounters

Also can change around points some to get 50 throwing if you want to use armor ignore but then you need more focus on HML.

DM Wyvern

Visitor
So I am currently running a mystic thrower but with tamer twist and it solos fel champ spawns very well and quickly. Running a lot of plus stats between cleanup talisman and both peices of jewelry but still have to hit 50-60 SSI and at least 150 stam. Best part is flying with 5 slot creature...
Thanks for sharing Valkryst!

---

Hi Team UO Warriors!

I just about maxed out my Mystic Thrower template. This is what I am working with:

120 Throwing
90 Tactics
90 Healing
90 Anatomy
120 Mysticism
120 Focus
90 Chivalry

Lord GOD(GOD) has a writeup on it here:

---

I am discovering the casting times for my spell Mass Sleep / Rising Colossus to be very slow. How should I incorporate Faster Casting into my gear?