• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Temporarily Removing Robe Transmogrification Potion from the Store

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good afternoon everyone, Due to some issues that have surfaced with the Robe Transmogrification Potion we are going to temporarily remove it from the store until we can publish out a fix. If you have questions or concerns about the potion that you used please contact me at [email protected]. Do not contact a GM regarding this issue. Mesanna

Continue reading...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And yall say they do not listen.

ULTRA RARE Hawkwind Parrot only 2 Plats! :lol:

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What bug is it? As I read it, as long as you got the potions already, the bug is still not fixed.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It really is.

Certainly the biggest and boldest endeavor in over a decade will look nothing similar.

-

On a side note, I've seen people lose their positions for far less over there.

It would be nice if some people would live up to the standards they demand from others.

To prove the Peter Principle, one has to look no further than UO.

Even so, ya have to wonder who has what on the BS chiefs, to keep a job when this is now the norm. Admit it, everytime something new comes up to sell or introduced ingame, you hold your breath waiting to see whats wrong with it lol

Naxatilor Feluka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Uriah Heep Our dev team has 3 people, no matter how much time the three of them put into something, we have a huge player base that will spend countless hours attempting to exploit it. To think the collective brainpower of several thousand people with endless amounts of time wont be able to find angles to break things naive.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Uriah Heep Our dev team has 3 people, no matter how much time the three of them put into something, we have a huge player base that will spend countless hours attempting to exploit it. To think the collective brainpower of several thousand people with endless amounts of time wont be able to find angles to break things naive.
Checking what happens to items like that when you recall, teleport or transfer ought to be pretty obvious and part of the testing standard. Just saying.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Checking what happens to items like that when you recall, teleport or transfer ought to be pretty obvious and part of the testing standard. Just saying.
Well, you're always gonna have the cheerleaders who would be happy with anything the queen throws at her feet.
But it becomes apparent that when they introduced Mesanna as the last producer of UO, they meant it. By the time this crew gets done with it, won't anyone want anything to do with it.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Complex exploits are one thing. New items flat out broken on release another.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Especially when they were told about the problem back in July but did nothing to fix it and still released it broken anyway...

Naxatilor Feluka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, it should have been a part of the testing process, in fact.. the best time to test would have been when it was on test center. Any of you participate and report these bugs?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, it should have been a part of the testing process, in fact.. the best time to test would have been when it was on test center. Any of you participate and report these bugs?
Yes the exact issue was brought up on the test thread. But. Kyronix misunderstood it and thought the name just displayed wrong. Name would be not an issue to me, but you can not dye a Monks Robe and my starting robe was an uncommon color.

Naxatilor Feluka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well okay then, they **** the bed on this one, but im thankful they are working on some cool stuff! =D Maybe he was distracted by the 'secret announcement' project..

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This goes back to what several others (including myself) were saying back in July/Aug about the super short testing cycle (I think the whole thing was like 10-14 days). They didn't bother releasing anything to TC1 from April through mid-July; only to test pub 109 for less than 2 weeks before they packed it up. Mistakes happen but this issue seems like it could have been prevented.

Maybe now that the extended summer break (April-August) have officially ended we can actually get some new items that work... maybe.