• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fighter's Folly 120 Tact?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Nice to have one of these, to put on your fighter, sampire or otherwise. So after doing 50 or so Fel Champ spawns with a gimpy sampire and 110 tact, 120 Swords, 120 Bush, tried to find a 120 Tactics on VS. Good luck..prices for these are completely gouged, and in Atl shopping mall go for 60-120 M. 115's are lower. Also in other shards they just do not exist. So is this ever going to be fixed so players can upgrade their temps? Also the 120 PS drops are poor at best, with low chance of hitting 120's anything. Any ideas? This is all F*d..:(

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why i think they should've kept the guaranteed shard bound 120s from the Khal Ankur Champ Spawn in Fel. Would've allowed lesser populated shards to acquire 120 PS, without them all being immediately ferreted away to Atlantic.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have to get to them before pets eat them.

I wouldn't waste a 120 tactics on my toon.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get the feeling the Op probably did a handful of champs and was unlucky(it happens). Just because champs drop 120s does not mean you will have instant gratification and get the ones you want right away. I guarantee if 50 spawns were done enough scrolls, pinks, primers were acquired to sell and pay for a tactics with plenty of profit to spare

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
at 50 spawns you'd have gotten at least 15, 20 scrolls. 5 of those would have been valuable at least... and thats assuming your not running a protector... or doing scroll binding... I generally solo 3 spawns a day, on atlantic...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
at 50 spawns you'd have gotten at least 15, 20 scrolls. 5 of those would have been valuable at least... and thats assuming your not running a protector... or doing scroll binding... I generally solo 3 spawns a day, on atlantic...
Running protector, Sampire and Tamer together also. Gobs of stuff, only one primer worth substantial gold, but good luck selling it. All of it done on Atl by the way and..surprise surprise not too muck Pk, thieving etc. Also most people even Pks are cool, have not met any rude folk yet in Atl, the bad reputation for Atl is not deserved. There are very nice folk in Atl mostly, but there are a few bad apples for sure.
I really think its a matter of RNG and real luck, on top of pre-set game parameters.
By the way, its nice to have real life also, plus Champs can get boring after a while. So now we do other content roof, doom, other really hard stuff.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
If we use 2 fighting toons, and one protector, does the protector protect one of the 2 fighting toons or only one? Ty for info.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
You solo'd 50 champs?

How about you use ≈1 plat you made from selling all the other 120 scrolls you got at the high prices you're yourself complaining about, to purchase said scroll. I really don't understand anyone who complains about the price of anything that is controlled by other players.
Not solo. Its two players really, both gimps due to lack of stuff including hi-lev scrolls and some gear. We do ok, and its tons faster with two players. The plat is not coming in sadly, due to other scrolls not selling too well, and not too profitable. But I agree, it takes time and eventually will get better geared up. Time sadly is in short supply, but its ok. Still a ton of fun. We actually do all content now gimped and all. Die a lot 99% of time to PVM stuff, rarely to PK, and still a ton of fun. Very funny that one of the attempted pkers in a group of 5 died to my pet also. ;) Nasty little pet. Frankly, I was surprised it happened, and of course retrieved my PS (all 110's crap ones) from his corpse.

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
If your knight of justice, you will get 12 scrolls per spawn. 6 for the person killing the boss and 6 protection scrolls

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Protector with knight status gets an almost guaranteed 6 scrolls. On a few VERY rare occasions I’ve gotten only 5. Had everyone cancel protection (u get a system message when a player cancels ur protection) to be sure all were protected and they all were... I still just got 5. It can happen but again, it’s VERY rare(I’m talking mayb 1 in 250 spawns). When it has happened, I offer anyone that wants snoop me to be sure there’s no funny business. My friends know me so I’ve prob been snooped maybe twice ever by newer guild mates but I have nothing to hide so all good. Had 1 guy snoop me 3 times randomly to be sure I wasn’t holding a scroll in my cursor but again...np as nothing to hide.

You shouldn’t be doing fel champ spawns w/o a designated protector that DOESN’T hit the boss. Only exception being when ur raided & the protector has to help boss kill or u’ll lose the spawn.