• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

so i kinda bugged my trash barrel

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was working on my keep and really wanted a tile under my house sign, so i tried the trash barrel trick, well after takin an axe to it and destroying it, i can no longer place a trash barrel in my house, keeps saying i already have one when i dont, anyone know how to fix this without paging a GM?

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My guess is that there is a value that gets set when you place a trash barrel that doesn't get reset when you axe on steps. Sounds like something you'd either have to resize to fix or call a GM to get reset. I'm not familiar with this bug though, someone else may have a better idea.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
a good way of refreshing ur house is by going to the house sign, click it and change foundation style... this usually fixes problems like teleport tiles getting bugged. try that @Whitewolf of *VK
i discovered this a couple weeks ago :)
That's awesome advice! Thank you for that.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
a good way of refreshing ur house is by going to the house sign, click it and change foundation style... this usually fixes problems like teleport tiles getting bugged. try that @Whitewolf of *VK
i discovered this a couple weeks ago :)
Thanks for tryin to help but that wont work here, its a classic keep, cant change the foundation.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are other alternatives.

If you're needing a trash barrel for its trash barrel uses, place a sacrificial altar or other objects that act as house add-on trash cans (one that I can think of is a giant venus flytrap), and just feed your stuff to it.

If it's to get the barrel back for decoration placement tricks, you might just need to try to see if you can get a GM to show. Often, if you describe the issue well enough, you can even manage to get some things fixed if they show up after you log.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
can you see it's object handle on cntrl shift? If so axe that.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I’ve had this exact same problem from doing (what appears to be) the exact same thing. My home was also classic & couldn’t change foundation.

I had to page a GM and wait a couple days. Word it carefully so he knows the exact problem & keep it short - ie. “Axed house trash barrel then tried to replace. Sys message says home already has t. barrel but none exists anywhere. Plz help, TY!” If u have multi homes give home owner name, house name, and/or coords. They’ll fix it, just takes alil time. GL