• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

was teleported to a location ...... lost items... help plz

PoiZ-Ivy

Adventurer
the location made the screen go black, no graphics at all.
after 3 mins I was sent to my house,
when I get there, I was missing luck memp, luck hat (imbued), luck eppaul, lt sash, luck bokut (imbued)
not sent to the bank, not in bag,
how does this happen,
everything was insured, money in the bank to cover it
it seemed as if I was below the graphics in the game when the screen was black,
can anyone offer advice on how this happened or how to avoid it,
where do these items go, is there a place in game like the abyss area where idoc items go ?
any help ?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Are you in the EC?
sometimes there are glitches and you will see your character or others naked.
This is usually corrected when you log out and back in.
sometimes also if you restart your client.
you might also have to perform a full file check

PoiZ-Ivy

Adventurer
I am playing the classic client, Ive tried the logging in out, checking the game is up to date,
still no items,
and than you for the advice, all help is appreciated

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What was the location where your screen went black? How were you teleported to the location? What were you doing at the time etc.? Some of these questions might help narrow down what exactly happened.
Hope your issue gets resolved.:)

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If it happened last night : The server went down, and there was a warning on ATL about it. Your items, may be in their original containers, as the outage created a short time backup/restore. Check your home/bank containers where you keep your suit stuff.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds like he got got by the classic item drop script.
Yeah... um no. To come to that conclusion is very interesting though. If we were in unleashed and you posted that I would include ALOT more details in my response. Some.... you just might not like.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Oh get off your high horse. I'm firmly of the belief that anyone using the CC uses unapproved 3rd party programs.
Really? I mean the script would have to get to the point of altering his account to have gm level bs to do that. Stop throwing out misinformation and fear mongering.

If it was as bad as what you think, the game woukdnt exist because everyone using CC woukd have yellow bars and kill everyone.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh get off your high horse. I'm firmly of the belief that anyone using the CC uses unapproved 3rd party programs.
Again people wide wide brushing strokes of what they believe. Sort of makes look like @MalagAste with the tin foil hat on.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It amazes me that the conversation isn't about a supposed item drop script, that apparently way too many people are already aware of . lol

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It amazes me that the conversation isn't about a supposed item drop script, that apparently way too many people are already aware of . lol
Well, that´s Stratics for ya these days...

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
From early 1998 until my departure I used only UOAssist. Period. Didn't even wanna deal with the other stuff. So here's one person who does not conform to your opinion.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The item drop scripts have been around for 20 years, so it's really not a surprising thing. You get sent a link to a script by someone else, they tell you it'll be an auto-heal script or whatever, and as soon as you use it what it really does is throw everything you're wearing and holding on the floor. The person who tricked you then scoops it all up while you're stuck in some way like auto-recalling away to prevent you from getting your stuff back.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The item drop scripts have been around for 20 years, so it's really not a surprising thing. You get sent a link to a script by someone else, they tell you it'll be an auto-heal script or whatever, and as soon as you use it what it really does is throw everything you're wearing and holding on the floor. The person who tricked you then scoops it all up while you're stuck in some way like auto-recalling away to prevent you from getting your stuff back.
Are you telling me that there are people that are that dumb who couldn't tell the difference between the scripts? I have seen a lot of scripts in my time, it's usually pretty obvious what they do for the most part. I suppose it could work on someone and probably has, but honestly, if you can't tell the difference between a heal script and one that causes you to throw your gear on the ground and recall away, you kind of deserve it.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Are you telling me that there are people that are that dumb who couldn't tell the difference between the scripts? I have seen a lot of scripts in my time, it's usually pretty obvious what they do for the most part. I suppose it could work on someone and probably has, but honestly, if you can't tell the difference between a heal script and one that causes you to throw your gear on the ground and recall away, you kind of deserve it.
uhh yes? Where the hell have you been?

"your computer has a virus, click here to clean it!"

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
uhh yes? Where the hell have you been?

"your computer has a virus, click here to clean it!"
I suppose there are probably people who are dumb enough to do that, but running a script in UO is more complicated than clicking a link. I just find it hard to believe that someone could install and configure one of the programs, import a script that they got from another player, then run it without ever looking at it and noticing that it doesn't do what they say it does. I'll admit there are a lot of third-party programs out there, and I haven't used them all, but the ones I have used all work in a similar fashion. It seems far-fetched, but never underestimate how stupid people can be. At any rate, the rules here don't allow us to properly discuss this topic, so..... Whatever.

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Pete - the notorious item drop script was a modified auto bandage/cure/pot/chiv heal script (the probably the most widely used auto healer on the unsavory site). There was simply a subroutine added into this really large script that would be triggered when anyone onscreen said the keyword.

When the keyword was said the script GUMP would go fullscreen and hide the "X, maximize, minimized" buttons to prevent the user from closing it anyway other than using alt-f4. The few seconds it took for this to happen was enough to get most if not all of the suit on the ground since it went in a certain order. It was gloves, bracelet, ring, tunic, weapon... going by the assumption that the user would have on the inquis, orny, crystalline, AOF, and a -20 sc no neg dci mage weapon. in that order, then mace and shield glasses then rest of the suit, then the backpack.

back in my unsavory days...

This script, to my knowledge, was 100% associated with program that got popular for the "EASY" skill training and resource harvesting in UO

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Pete - the notorious item drop script was a modified auto bandage/cure/pot/chiv heal script (the probably the most widely used auto healer on the unsavory site). There was simply a subroutine added into this really large script that would be triggered when anyone onscreen said the keyword.

When the keyword was said the script GUMP would go fullscreen and hide the "X, maximize, minimized" buttons to prevent the user from closing it anyway other than using alt-f4. The few seconds it took for this to happen was enough to get most if not all of the suit on the ground since it went in a certain order. It was gloves, bracelet, ring, tunic, weapon... going by the assumption that the user would have on the inquis, orny, crystalline, AOF, and a -20 sc no neg dci mage weapon. in that order, then mace and shield glasses then rest of the suit, then the backpack.

back in my unsavory days...

This script, to my knowledge, was 100% associated with program that got popular for the "EASY" skill training and resource harvesting in UO
I see. That makes a bit of sense then. I'm still going to say that whoever falls victim to that 100% deserves it for using a script without reading it and understanding what it does.

PoiZ-Ivy

Adventurer
just to clear things up, the program I use is uoassist, I do not download or like the idea of people cheating or using programs to make life easier for themselves in game, if you die in tram or fel, you die, thats what you have insurance for, but to loose 2-3-4 items and be moved after the screen is all black, is not good, we went back out on another ship to look for items which may have dropped in the sea and did not find anything at all, yes we checked the other ships cargohold and nothing,
i do understand why people jump to conclusions over cheating, but uoassist is not cheating and no other programs are ever run or will be

PoiZ-Ivy

Adventurer
we where on our way to corgul, crossed one server line, we could not find the island one guy thought too many people on the boat was an issue as we got to the co-ords and no island, so I went to recall off, as I recalled off, thats when its went to a black screen, then 3 mins later it teled me to my house minus the items, it was corgul in fel

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can drop the map onto the helmsman and say 'start' and he will take you to the Island.
Works with any map.

If the trip is short it sometimes gets bugged. Go 90° from the direction you came from and go past the Island, then use the Helmsman again.

PoiZ-Ivy

Adventurer
we did get clear of the main land and then drop the map and say start, we have found a few times that this leads us to a location where the helmsman says we have reached out destination ( or something like that) when we are there at the correct location we are not sent to the corgul island, nothing happens, we have tried tram maps in tram fel maps in fel etc and the same happens, ( enough time is on the maps too, we have not come across an island which has been completed), about 25% of the time we go straight to the island, the time I lost items we did not go straight to the island so we moved away, then I recalled... rest you know, thank you for not jumping on the band wagon of your using cheats, it is appreciated, ty

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So, seems like a tele storm. Almost like you became unsynched from the shard. I have heard of it happening, and taking people to oddplaces like the bank in yew, or the shiowreck when your boat decays and you havent logged that character in for a long time.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
we did get clear of the main land and then drop the map and say start, we have found a few times that this leads us to a location where the helmsman says we have reached out destination ( or something like that) when we are there at the correct location we are not sent to the corgul island, nothing happens, we have tried tram maps in tram fel maps in fel etc and the same happens, ( enough time is on the maps too, we have not come across an island which has been completed), about 25% of the time we go straight to the island, the time I lost items we did not go straight to the island so we moved away, then I recalled... rest you know, thank you for not jumping on the band wagon of your using cheats, it is appreciated, ty
Like I said, I see this a lot. If you were heading north east, you have to go south east or north west for about 15 seconds.
Then the helmsman will find the island. It's some bug with the island and it is common.

When this happens, back up out of what you feel the island area would be, then go perpendicular to the direction you entered the area from long enough to be out of the area. Then head back to the Island from that direction, you will find it.

Yup, when you said you were going to Corgul and mentioned the server line, I knew what happened. When the island is close to land or is near a server you get this bug quite often.

Those are the players who use those scripts, that's why they know about them. My turn for reckless speculation. :devil: