• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Treasures of Deceit

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
8/4/2020 Greetings, We are pleased to announce the next soft launch of our dynamic treasures system with Treasures of Deceit! Players on Lake Superior, Sakura, Oceania, and Europa can battle creatures in Deceit to obtain Artifacts of Undead Kin! These artifacts can be exchanged for rewards from the Artifact Trader located outside the Dungeon Deceit. You can visit Felucca or Trammel and artifacts can be exchanged with both traders. Creatures eligible to drop minor artifacts will be identified with a “Treasures of Deceit” item property. Existing spawn will need to be killed before Treasures creatures will spawn. Check the Pub […]

Continue reading...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is this Live? No named mobs yet, the turn in guy is showing rewards now.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is this Live? No named mobs yet, the turn in guy is showing rewards now.
looks like it. This is on Europa, but i Checked LS and it does not have the mobs yet. LS will either need to wait until server up or kill all the existing mobs per the announcement.

1596615802735.png

Last edited:

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Europa this is live. Theres all sorts of undead mobs spawning in all levels of deceit, and a small portion of those are paragons.
I got a few "...of undead kin" items that can be traded for major ones, just like the Tokuno event.

Unfortunately the rewards are not worth it really (You can see them at the NPC entrance deceit)
I cant think of any reason to do this appart from helping devs test it on a production shard.
Maybe they add new rewards on the fly, but i dont know.

Atleast new content, its welcome

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the rewards at the mo are NOT the final ones, this is just to test to see how the global release events will behave. So dont pay too much attention to the rewards yet

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
1596644635219.png

the drops are shard bound and the rewards should be too
the drops are the same color as the mask and tome

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Making this stuff shard bound is so ignorant. Its not game breaking stuff. Its fine for people to move event items all around to get rich but people that like to collect odd ball name/colored armor get screwed and cant ever move their collection.
again, this is just them testing the system.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Making this stuff shard bound is so ignorant. Its not game breaking stuff. Its fine for people to move event items all around to get rich but people that like to collect odd ball name/colored armor get screwed and cant ever move their collection.
Unless their plan is to have everyone open an account to collect different colored odd ball armor for every shard.... seems legit!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It won't be an issue if the same event is live across all shards... ie. Treasures of Deceit (and rewards) are live globally then everyone has a chance to get the drops.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It won't be an issue if the same event is live across all shards... ie. Treasures of Deceit (and rewards) are live globally then everyone has a chance to get the drops.
Some of us like to collect. It is silly for the turn in items to be shard bound.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm really hoping the rewards are more interesting in the future. Those three are rather meh, IMHO.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My understanding from talking with Kyronix was that these items now are just little tokens of appreciation for helping test the soft launch. I believe that when we are live for real the rewards will be more in line with the Halloween events and possibly even like 50 SDI books etc (DEV team has eluded to making these available in future events since they are popular). The SDI book part is just speculation but I think that at the very least the rewards will be in line with the something like first aid belt / serpents jaw bone etc.

@Pawain - If the events are global (ie. so are the turn in items) then you can collect on whatever shard you want; you just cant transfer them to another shard. In this case the Treasures of Deceit would be global and everyone would have a chance at getting them. That is the only "fair" way in making items shard bound.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If these rewards were account bound instead of shard bound I would be all in. I will be comitted to my account forever, but not sure about my home shard.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My understanding from talking with Kyronix was that these items now are just little tokens of appreciation for helping test the soft launch. I believe that when we are live for real the rewards will be more in line with the Halloween events and possibly even like 50 SDI books etc (DEV team has eluded to making these available in future events since they are popular). The SDI book part is just speculation but I think that at the very least the rewards will be in line with the something like first aid belt / serpents jaw bone etc.

@Pawain - If the events are global (ie. so are the turn in items) then you can collect on whatever shard you want; you just cant transfer them to another shard. In this case the Treasures of Deceit would be global and everyone would have a chance at getting them. That is the only "fair" way in making items shard bound.
I only play on LS. But I can shop anywhere. Getting items on another shard that are shard bound makes them useless to me.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I only play on LS. But I can shop anywhere. Getting items on another shard that are shard bound makes them useless to me.
Just means you have to work a little harder on LS to get what you want and engage with the people trading with each other to get all your goals accomplished.

I know you love people!!!

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe they are only shard bound until the same event is on all shards. Or not. UO is a land of hoarders. we all know that. The easier it is to hoard the more we do, and the more space we need to store our items. The more accounts we need to place storage houses. It's UO logic.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe they are only shard bound until the same event is on all shards. Or not. UO is a land of hoarders. we all know that. The easier it is to hoard the more we do, and the more space we need to store our items. The more accounts we need to place storage houses. It's UO logic.
If thats the logic then they should be all for us collectors because it means more paying accounts which equals more money in their pockets.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just means you have to work a little harder on LS to get what you want and engage with the people trading with each other to get all your goals accomplished.
@Pawain - This is what I was trying to say. If the event is global (on every shard) then why would you just not do the event on your own home shard to get the reward? This is their attempt at addressing the people that complain that "all the drops just go to ATL to be sold" and keeps things on the shard.

The only issue I'd have with shard bound rewards is that if it were something wearable & useful (like a first aid belt or boots of escaping or 50 SDI book), I'd be limited to only use it on whatever shard I got the reward one. This would likely prevent players from transferring to other shards down the road because their suit would be shard bound and would make their template not as efficient.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain - This is what I was trying to say. If the event is global (on every shard) then why would you just not do the event on your own home shard to get the reward? This is their attempt at addressing the people that complain that "all the drops just go to ATL to be sold" and keeps things on the shard.

The only issue I'd have with shard bound rewards is that if it were something wearable & useful (like a first aid belt or boots of escaping or 50 SDI book), I'd be limited to only use it on whatever shard I got the reward one. This would likely prevent players from transferring to other shards down the road because their suit would be shard bound and would make their template not as efficient.
You do realize Atl is the hub for shopping. A lot of the stuff bought on Atl is taken home to a different shard. It is not all taken there and staying. I have taken over 100 items from Atl this week. I bet that is fewer than what was taken from LS. When players travel they ask if anyone needs something taken there, you hear crickets. When they call out for the return trip, they call out and get a line at the stable.

You contradict yourself also, if it is something you want, then it should be transferable so you can take it to another shard.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my situation I mainly play Atl and have a 18x18 but on my second account I have a castle on Baja. I know ill never get a castle on Atl so im fine to have it on Baja. I have chars on many other shards that I also play, but with items becoming shard bound it really limits me. I know everyone doesnt have the ability to transfer all around but shard shields were meant to reward people for being loyal subscribers.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You do realize Atl is the hub for shopping. A lot of the stuff bought on Atl is taken home to a different shard. It is not all taken there and staying. I have taken over 100 items from Atl this week. I bet that is fewer than what was taken from LS. When players travel they ask if anyone needs something taken there, you hear crickets. When they call out for the return trip, they call out and get a line at the stable.

You contradict yourself also, if it is something you want, then it should be transferable so you can take it to another shard.
It's a nice incentive for the playerbase to consolidate a bit. For every player without shields, the choice of his home shard has real consequences. Levelling the playing field and not allowing future event rewards to transfered puts the consequences on the veterans. Talk about walking a mile in some noobs shoes ;)

On the plus side, the RMT shops will probably open an office luna upstairs on LS as well ;) Saves a trip.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Seems like you are missing my point. If the events are global and everyone can do them on their home shard then why would you need to go to ATL (or any other shard not your home) to get the event items? I understand ATL is a trading hub but again if you are able to get the same items on your home shard then there is no need to go to ATL for that item because you can earn it yourself.

To clarify any contradictions, my views on the shard bound items is that the drops (in your pack) that go towards turn in points are junk and purely decoration (btw great job on the plate suit, looks great!) and I'd have no problem with these staying shard bound bc again these can be obtained on any shard (ie home shard) and they aren't going to be used in anyone's suit... the are 100% decoration. I'd also have no problem with turn in rewards (like the ones they have on LS now) being shard bound IF they are strictly decoration or house lockdowns because my home shard (aka where my house is) would have these items locked down and this does NOT prevent a player from transferring to a different shard. That said, any wearable items (like a first aid belt or rangers cloak) shouldn't be shard bound because that would impact a player using those items from transferring that character.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thats from the treasure of event right now. Only on select shards.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What color dye did you use - Tokuno pigment Dryad Green?
If you mean the floors. Dryad Green for most of it. I ran out so I used Nox Green for the rest.

If the events are global and everyone can do them on their home shard then why would you need to go to ATL (or any other shard not your home) to get the event items?
I can see the individual shard events being shard bound. But the Global events should not be shard bound. These tests are leading to global events. Kyronix stated that shard bound is how they will work in the future. Sorry, I don't like that idea.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best event ever :)
Recalled to deceit, saw the reward list, recalled back to luna, and logged out :)
Thank you DEVS, you really saved me some time, i otherwise would have been spending grinding.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Best event ever :)
Recalled to deceit, saw the reward list, recalled back to luna, and logged out :)
Thank you DEVS, you really saved me some time, i otherwise would have been spending grinding.
This is still a soft launch...these will NOT be the rewards when the system goes live global. Kyronix even said on the forums that these rewards were just "something small to thank people for testing". Rewards will be different when things go live.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is still a soft launch...these will NOT be the rewards when the system goes live global. Kyronix even said on the forums that these rewards were just "something small to thank people for testing". Rewards will be different when things go live.
I don't really care, they have TC1.
The rewards are not even to be considered something small to thank people, for testing. They are an insult to people.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You might not care but others do. It gives some people something to do in the game... with no new content this year (and no treasures event last year) it's something else to do. If you don't like it feel free to not do it. :pancakes:

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I’ve quite enjoyed testing this in Deceit the last few days; it’s been fun going back to a dungeon that brings back memories of the Bone Knight room and training there years ago. With an archer, I’m almost up to 45 drops, and will have traded them in for the rewards by the close of play tomorrow.
I wouldn’t call the rewards spectacular, but for a six day event to test a new system, it’s good to at least have something to show for it - I don’t think I’d have tested it if there was no reward or recognition. I’ve always enjoyed the Treasures of... events as I can do as much or as little as I want. Plus a paragon lich, lich lord or poison ellie is a good challenge. Rewards an insult though? Give over, it’s not the full event yet. I wouldn’t expect to get end-game content from a load of skellies and undeads.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I don't really care, they have TC1.
The rewards are not even to be considered something small to thank people, for testing. They are an insult:facepalm: to people.
Gimmie gimmie gimmie

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
if you get female leather armor and leather skirt,
plz trade with me or i will give you gold on Atlantic for it

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You might not care but others do. It gives some people something to do in the game... with no new content this year (and no treasures event last year) it's something else to do. If you don't like it feel free to not do it. :pancakes:
Don't forget no EM on EU either, but i guess a lot is happy to just get a "little" nothing, for their monthly fee.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Don't forget no EM on EU either, but i guess a lot is happy to just get a "little" nothing, for their monthly fee.
I get a whole world of adventure for my little monthly fee.

If you don't like the rewards for a particular event, there are plenty of other things to do.

Focus on the places that have the loot you want to earn.