• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cleanup points

Lador

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I may have missed something (or it may just be my age) but I thought you got cleanup points by dropping items in special 'cleanup' trash bins.

I can't find any of these (or were they never there...)

Can someone let me know where I can dispose of items to get cleanup points, I'm trying to do a Covid UO cleanup like I've done at home!

Thanks in advance, lador

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You can make a trash bin in your house, just say 'I wish to place a trash barrel' or that's what I think it is you say.... :p

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Use the trashcan at any bank in the cities! But think well - using this trash can will delete Items immediately and irretrievably!!!

Lador

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the replies, I didn't realise you could just use ordinary trash cans. If you place one in your house it doesn't seem to register for clean-up.

One other question, what does the "cleanup point exchange" do, if you deposit points you can't use them for cleanup rewards so what do 'deposited' points count towards?

Thanks again, lador

Kuru

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the replies, I didn't realise you could just use ordinary trash cans. If you place one in your house it doesn't seem to register for clean-up.

One other question, what does the "cleanup point exchange" do, if you deposit points you can't use them for cleanup rewards so what do 'deposited' points count towards?

Thanks again, lador
Depositing points allows you to transfer points from one character to another, as long as they are on the same account.

Also yes, every trash can will add points once the item is destroyed (immediate for city cans, and 3 minutes for house cans) if you throw something away and don’t get points, then what you threw away wasn’t worth any.

This should answer any other questions you have:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Thanks again, lador
The house cans do, but you gotta wait for the delay. House cans don't delete immediately.

Sam

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Right click on garbage can then point a object to determine clean up point value of item.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's also a bug where it might take minutes or hours for you get the points, if you leave the house before it clears (especially if you drop it into a different house's trashcan than your own).

There's been times where I've not put anything in a trash can in a day or more with a particular character (and then in a house other than its own), and I'll be standing in some house (not even the one where I used the can), and I'll suddenly get the notice that I had gained the cleanup points.