• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Simple question about housing decay (if any) for an active account

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I have houses on two accounts, but am not able to play very much at the moment. Both accounts have active subscriptions. If I don't log in for a month or two, will my houses decay - or do they stay in place indefinitely as long as I pay my monthly subscription?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Or you could be one of the lucky few who never had decay turned on.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
should check though, sometimes billing issues arise and payment doesnt go thr.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Check emails, even if there is a billing issue, for whatever reason, you have 90 days before your house will decay without a valid payment system set up. So you have plenty of time should there be a problem. Also. just log them in for a few mins every now and again, just to make sure you dont miss any error emails. But as long as payments are made you have nothing to worry about, as mentioned by others above

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the EMail notification still being done? 2 of my accounts last month needed paid and got paid but with no Credit Card notification. Would this happen if my credit card would not have worked, which in the past has happened MANY times.

Kuru

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like what has already been said, if you deactivate the account, make sure you set yourself a reminder on your phone to pay for another month every 90 days. Simple math that’s like 48 bucks a year (51.96) to keep your houses up. Not that big a deal. Don’t worry about emails, notifications.. etc. Broadsword is a business, it is not their responsibility to notify you of something you should be keeping track of.

Kuru

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is the EMail notification still being done? 2 of my accounts last month needed paid and got paid but with no Credit Card notification. Would this happen if my credit card would not have worked, which in the past has happened MANY times.
I strongly suggest you keep track of your finances. Especially if you want to keep accounts active. If your card gets hacked and you get a new one , make sure you update your info. It’s not UO’s responsibly to keep your account info current no more than it is any other business that has your account info linked to it.