• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ideas for new things in UO

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I though I'd start a thread on this and everyone is welcome to join in. :grin:

I was thinking would it be cool to have a potter's wheel and throw pottery.

We already have basket weaving so why not? Plus, it could add extra function to the kiln.

Working stocks (if we don't already have them).

OR

Place a stocks with an NPC named "Avatar" in it. Have another NPC near by that sells rotten fruit and veggies,

You can throw the rotten produce at the NPC in the in the stocks. If you need a visual try this from Sims Medieval:

The Pit Beast would be cool too, just can't figure out how it would fit in UO.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I wrote a write up on official forum about how we should have a spot for instanced pvp. So you wouldnt have to jump shards to find people. I suggested wait in que, get TPed to a pvp only area, no trading, anything that gets put on ground gets destroyed. It got swarmed by pvmers telling me how bad an idea it was. I counter pointed every argument, then they went to "dev's dont have time for this" excuse. Was hoping for more feedback from actual pvpers. I also suggested a LFG tool like WoW, so u can log in and find a group fast. That also was flamed.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wrote a write up on official forum about how we should have a spot for instanced pvp. So you wouldnt have to jump shards to find people. I suggested wait in queue, get TPed to a pvp only area, no trading, anything that gets put on ground gets destroyed. It got swarmed by pvmers telling me how bad an idea it was. I counter pointed every argument, then they went to "dev's don't have time for this" excuse. Was hoping for more feedback from actual pvpers. I also suggested a LFG tool like WoW, so u can log in and find a group fast. That also was flamed.

I actually read that and thought it was pretty cool.

As for the official UO forums its made up of Dev Team Cheerleaders and the Mod's buddies.

It's run by a former Stratics Mod that pretty much had the whole UO community to the point no one could stand her.

I will give her, her props in that she did do a lot for the community.

Unfortunately she let her position go to her head.

She ran Stratics and now the Official UO forum as if she is a dictator rather than a moderator.

I apologize not everyone in the community is so narrow minded.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seeing people over there making suggestions is sad
When do they listen to the majority?
A few Pom Pom players cheer them on while you’ll see more people complaining or asking for adjustments and it falls on deaf ears
I’m not sure if it’s a collaborated effort with this team or if all the subordinates just bow to the “Queen” for job security
As we all watch the shards become more and more empty she still can’t see past her ego and admit the path we are on is an epic failure

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
A few Pom Pom players cheer them on while you’ll see more people complaining or asking for adjustments and it falls on deaf ears
I’m not sure if it’s a collaborated effort with this team or if all the subordinates just bow to the “Queen” for job security
As we all watch the shards become more and more empty she still can’t see past her ego and admit the path we are on is an epic failure
It's frustrating to see how subs have dropped because of things that needed fixing 10 years ago. I feel like they know they're coasting on nostalgia and not actual gameplay which sucks.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
With their new Chanp spawns advertised, make some of the spawns at least on Fel, and there make them drop PS as well as items, but only in Fel. Make some of the PS 110, 115 etc. Make some spawn champs particularly difficult in that case.
MAke some of the other spawns drop recipies also, and make the dropped stuff worth the time effort, and make it worth a few gray robes.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Make some of the older pets possibly rideable. Maybe one or two of them like the Rune Beetle, or the Frost Beetle or even the Ossein Ram with its nice graphic. Make it challenging if you will, that you have to do some kind of quest, or get some type of item that will allow you to do that etc.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd like to see UO start selling gold in the store. I was looking at SOTA....OMG they sell their Currency. I'm sorry but if I were a noobie and walked around Luna on Atlantic I'd quit and find another game to play. Does Mesanna even realize how OFF PUTTING that is to see vendor after vendor filled with items for 100s of millions of gold? It's rediculous. The world must sure look nice through her "rose colored glasses".

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Sadly, there are only very few newbies, and most newcomers are older players coming back frequently for nostalgic reasons. They also have now more rl money than they were back then as teens etc, and now they just go and buy gold from the "Avatar" and rmt sites. But not every newcomer does that. Only specific ones that just want to pay for that castle, or that great pvp gear, the shiny gold cusidhe, or the fully trained 120x9 super pet for no gametime effort etc. Some people do it "legally" and buy from the UO store stuff that they sell in game for UO gold (100's of millions).
This pricing you see and inflated economy have developed over years (20+). Not really possible to deflate it. Also with some "revamps" i.e. pet revamp a need (whether real or imaginary) was created inadvertently where power scrolls are needed for pets now. These are consumed much more than for players skill/stat upgrades, and are in huge demand, especially some specific ones (Wrestling, Magic Resist, Parry, and certain magics). To try and repair that damage/mistake they actually implemented a new pet (Triton), that comes with fully developed wrestling and magic resist skills, plus some other goodies such as overcaps and extra training points and healing and without the burden of dragon breath or bleed specials. Nice touch though its graphic is not too hot, poofs when it goes wild and is not rideable.
There ARE however people interested in just having FUN, and not as interested in the shiny stuff like the Blaze Cu selling for 4 billion.
There was a player that I met in New Haven few years back Sh**h Y*r B***y (sry I don't think we can use pples names without permission, who looked like a newby and was hunting there the Mongbats etc. So I asked him if he needs any startup gold, or equipment or if he needs any information about the game.
He replied "No thank you, I would like to explore this new world myself, and would not like any help".
I greatly respected that person.
I doubt that the Devs have any ability to control or reverse the inflation anymore, and even doing so without causing some very serious problems.
Truth is the game is still fun, and it is not 100% necessary to have the best of things right away. But its ok to try to play the game and enjoy it and strive to get some nice stuff in game.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I made a suggestion here years ago and it's now in game. I suggested gold no longer be physical in the game and be across all characters. Thus allowing more transparency for tracking and less likely to be dup'd. And you wouldn't need to do handoffs, which come to think of it... back in my day was done in a spot where you hoped no one ran by with circle of transparency and picked it up. LOL