• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A bunch of EA games were put on Steam today, but not UO.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Just some interesting changes.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm reading a lot into the "first wave" of titles and a subscription access service. Just seems like there's potential there although I agree the client is way too buggy for Steam.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm reading a lot into the "first wave" of titles and a subscription access service. Just seems like there's potential there although I agree the client is way too buggy for Steam.
lol I don't think he meant buggy .. ;)

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Steam will sell anything. There are games on there that are abandonware, games that are completely unplayable, and games that were sold with absolutely no intention of ever being finished. UO would fit right in.
Yes, here's my Steam Profile. I play on Steam a lot. While this is true, games do get removed very frequently and the community will tear into them and create bad press. The PC community is all over badly optimized games.

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
what are you not understanding they already said the game wont go to steam...why are you still making thread about this riduculous steam ****

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
what are you not understanding they already said the game wont go to steam...why are you still making thread about this riduculous steam ****
We can talk about things, it's a forum. Stop being mad grown ups are talking.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm still not going to count it out as the "big thing" that they are taking about. As a matter of fact, her giving a definite "no" answer, only reaffirms my opinion that that is what it is.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Should we be shocked by this? :rolleyes2:

UO persists in spite of EA.
UO persists in spite of a lot of things. For example:
  • Its players
  • Its development team
  • Its aging player base (pet theory is that its mostly the fact that the game's player base is older and has more disposible income to spend on the store which keeps it not have net losses every year)
  • Every MMO since the dawn of the genre
And I feel compelled here to point out that EA bought Origin Systems in September 1992, well before UO was launched or even out of preliminary discussions of what it would be. I'm all for agreeing that EA is in fact the devil, but some things need to be kept in mind.

Edit: Source for EA purchase date

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
ok mesanna said no we wont go to steam and you still dont beleive it...what else you need

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok mesanna said no we wont go to steam and you still dont beleive it...what else you need
She said Steam was not the Biggest and Boldest publish. There is no reason UO could not be one of the hundreds of games on Steam. There are lots of old games there.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok mesanna said no we wont go to steam and you still dont believe it...what else you need
Mesanna has said no to a lot of things that have come around. In fact id go so far to say if she said it wasnt going to happen then chances are it will happen. she isnt exactly known for being truthful.

with that said, the steam community would rip this game apart. If you think we are bad about complaining or criticizing just look at some of the steam comments already.