• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Account management

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was out of town and let my accounts lapse a couple days. Now when i try to resub i get constant error messages when trying to confirm payment.

If someone could pass that to the people with power i'd appreciate it. I'm off a whole week and would really like to play.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wrong forum...need to go to the cheerleader forum and complain.

General discussion.

Thread something like: Yo Biatches! Can't y'all fix That Damned Management page to work Right? WTF?!?! I got Money to Spend and can't give it to ya!

That should get some attention...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was out of town and let my accounts lapse a couple days. Now when i try to resub i get constant error messages when trying to confirm payment.

If someone could pass that to the people with power i'd appreciate it. I'm off a whole week and would really like to play.
I had a credit card get compromised and my main account was due. Of course the account was locked out as normal and the web page when accessed correctly works perfectly like it always has, at least for me. That was probably not helpful, but most replies to any topic aren't lol.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wrong forum...need to go to the cheerleader forum and complain.

General discussion.

Thread something like: Yo Biatches! Can't y'all fix That Damned Management page to work Right? WTF?!?! I got Money to Spend and can't give it to ya!

That should get some attention...
I would but since my accounts aren't active i can't post there O-o

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a credit card get compromised and my main account was due. Of course the account was locked out as normal and the web page when accessed correctly works perfectly like it always has, at least for me. That was probably not helpful, but most replies to any topic aren't lol.
Everything works perfectly until i confirm payment then i get "there has been an error processing your payment". Looks like it's now down for maint so that's good.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think It’s a pop up that takes you to EA just hit back button then hit the confirmation

that’s how I do it and it works every time

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It must have been on their end. After the downtime for maint it now works.

I never keep a card on file due to not knowing when i'll be around to play. So i manually enter my info in every month.

Edit: Thanks for the help and thanks for the team for fixing it.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Try going to your origin account and update your card there. Then go into account management and buy your selected renewal amount. I'm on the road so that's my quick idea.

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not sure if you know but paying by Credit Card is FAR more expensive than buying game time codes, especially 6-month, which run at US $39.99 compared to a subscription of $59.99.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That's crazy to me that it's that much of a difference considering if you pay by card it's on a set & forget cycle until you cancel versus needing to actively buy a gametime cert. It's almost as if they want people to leave without resubscribing! In the past when I've taken one of many sabbaticals over the years it's always been the fact that I've kind of become bored and forget to log in (and cancel my sub) and that's why I still have my houses... but for a $20 difference between the two I might change my payment method now!

Thanks for sharing @S.P.A

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's crazy to me that it's that much of a difference considering if you pay by card it's on a set & forget cycle until you cancel versus needing to actively buy a gametime cert. It's almost as if they want people to leave without resubscribing! In the past when I've taken one of many sabbaticals over the years it's always been the fact that I've kind of become bored and forget to log in (and cancel my sub) and that's why I still have my houses... but for a $20 difference between the two I might change my payment method now!

Thanks for sharing @S.P.A
You can make it even cheaper too by switching which country your computer registers from. The prices in each country are different for gametime codes. If the store thinks you're from Mexico you get a cheaper price than if it think you're in America because of currency conversion.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can make it even cheaper too by switching which country your computer registers from. The prices in each country are different for gametime codes. If the store thinks you're from Mexico you get a cheaper price than if it think you're in America because of currency conversion.
Interesting... does this work for sovereigns too?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Interesting... does this work for sovereigns too?
Yes. It works for everything from the origin store. Which country is the cheapest changes sometimes as the currency conversion rates do, so it's worth trying out a few before buying.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That’s is amazing it’s that much cheaper I’ve all ways used my my cc
How do you “change country” is that in settings in your computer?

Thanks for the information !

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That’s is amazing it’s that much cheaper I’ve all ways used my my cc
How do you “change country” is that in settings in your computer?

Thanks for the information !
You have to use a VPN (virtual private network). It's essentially a piece of software which masks your actual IP address and makes the internet think your computer is logging in from somewhere else. Some internet providers offer them directly to their customers, and there are tons of third party places which offer them as well. A lot of people use them for privacy reasons when online, and others use them to do shady things online to make it harder to trace those things back to them. It's not technically allowed to use them on the origin store, and there is a small chance of being banned for it, but an EA community manager has publicly stated on their support forums that they do not actually punish people for it usually even though it's against the rules.