• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Potion Kegs

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was looking through all my crap & ran across a bunch of old potion kegs. Considering how high potion bottles now stack & they can be used with a commodity deed - is there any good reasons to use potion kegs anymore? The only thing that comes to mind is they might be more convenient when training alchemy (1 full keg < weight than 100 bottles full of potion).

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They’re still used for the 3 tier alchemist quests in Ter Mur. You have to turn in specific (greater poison, g. refresh, etc,..) KEGS to complete the quests, he doesn’t accept potions. Among other things, it’s the only way in the game to acquire the Irresistibly Tasty Treat which gives a HUGE temporary bonus to pets.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They’re still used for the 3 tier alchemist quests in Ter Mur. You have to turn in specific (greater poison, g. refresh, etc,..) KEGS to complete the quests, he doesn’t accept potions. Among other things, it’s the only way in the game to acquire the Irresistibly Tasty Treat which gives a HUGE temporary bonus to pets.
Tasty treats you find in treasuy chests....

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tasty treats you find in treasuy chests....
They're different.
Tasty treats raise stats by 5% for 20 minutes w/ a 2 minute cooldown
Deliciously Tasty Treats raise stats by 10% for 10 minutes w/ a 60 minute cooldown.
Irresistably Tasty Treats raise stats by 15% + damage increase 10% for 10 minutes w/ a 120 minute cooldown.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kegs are not used for the Irresistibly Tasty Treat quest, "The Forbidden Fruit". That uses 10 Treefellow Wood, 5 Boura Skins and 1 Dough. Kegs are only used for "The Brainy Alchemist" quest, which gives an Infused Alchemist's Gem, which acts like an SoT giving you 0.1 Alchemy skill.
Very few people have acquired Tier 3 of the Alchemist Quests, seeing as how they're a massive grind. I've unlocked Tier 3 on both Napa and Atlantic.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kegs are not used for the Irresistibly Tasty Treat quest, "The Forbidden Fruit". That uses 10 Treefellow Wood, 5 Boura Skins and 1 Dough. Kegs are only used for "The Brainy Alchemist" quest, which gives an Infused Alchemist's Gem, which acts like an SoT giving you 0.1 Alchemy skill.
Very few people have acquired Tier 3 of the Alchemist Quests, seeing as how they're a massive grind. I've unlocked Tier 3 on both Napa and Atlantic.
Yea, I know what specific quest uses the kegs. For those that didn’t, I linked the entire quest chain. My pet treat comment was merely an example of some little known items one could acquire while doing the chain. Being as the topic was concerning Kegs, an example of where they were used was all I was going for... anyone curious could look it up in the provided link.

I’ve capped out the chain on 5 characters on Atl & at least 2 chars per shard on 3 other shards.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’ve capped out the chain on 5 characters on Atl & at least 2 chars per shard on 3 other shards.
Yeah, that chain is a massive pain in the ass. Especially when the Iron Beetle spawn was bugged. I hate how it doesn't tell you how much you've progressed to the next Tier. Basically kill Iron Beetles and Leather Wolves all day.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kegs are only used for "The Brainy Alchemist" quest, which gives an Infused Alchemist's Gem, which acts like an SoT giving you 0.1 Alchemy skill.
Just a side note:
The Alchemist’s Gem comes in what appears to be increasingly rare increments of .1, .2, .3, & .4 (.4 being the rarest). I’ve done that quest well over 100x & received maybe 5 total of the .4 gems. All gems are stackable as long as they’re the same increments. My stack of .4’s are museum eye candy. Sorry 4 going off topic Val-Tur .

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I used to use potion kegs, because of gardening.
but since the raised garden beds have come out, I don't use them any more.

As stated its easier to put them in bottles and be in a stack of 60K.

I actually put all of my potion kegs into BODs.