• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

20th Anniversary Invasion

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's pretty much a mad dash once the invasion starts to find the spell caster generals (I think they are the only ones that drop the 50 SDI book but could be wrong). It's a crapshoot to find as they spawn randomly so I'll be running around trying to find one and won't come across any until it's maybe 50% HP and it's kinda pointless at that point because I've never gotten a single book once the general/captain is below 50% HP. Heck even when attacked at 75% HP and doing massive damage (Cu + WOD) I still don't always get a book.

I wish they would have made it so that mage generals would still spawn throughout the entire invasion (or at least a chance to spawn) so that when everyone leaves 5-10min into the invasion when all the mages are dead that the people sticking around working it could actually be rewarded.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Like Xris said above, there are people working together to find them first. Follow those people around and you'll get them as well. I also have done the following to find them quickly. I run a tamer so start the invasion by keeping my pet in the stables and use an ethereal horse to run through the spawn and quickly find the mages. Once I locate one or more of them I will hide, hop off my ethereal horse and then use a pet summoning ball to bring my pet out of the stables. It won't take long for others to find you and help if you're unable to solo one of the generals.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Is the chance to get a brown book (high SDI) or a blue book (slayer) random? I've yet to see a pattern.

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I wish they would have made it so that mage generals would still spawn throughout the entire invasion (or at least a chance to spawn) so that when everyone leaves 5-10min into the invasion when all the mages are dead that the people sticking around working it could actually be rewarded.
I believe that this is the case. Generals and other ranks continue to spawn during the course of the invasion. There is a chance that one will be a mage. This happened to me while working an invasion last night. Well after the initial wave of invaders, a mage general spawned right next to me while I was fighting other invaders. I managed to get a 29% beetle slayer from that one.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think the chance of getting the slayers are higher, I have gotten a lot more of those than I have the high SDI books.
Me too. But some days it is in streaks. The other day I got 3 nice SDI books (2 from generals, 1 from a captain). Today I got 3 slayer books (all 3 from generals). So much for the RNG today!

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got a crimson cincture off the Titan corpse so it's legit. @HiThanks if you use EC you can use switch object handle and set the filter. Otherwise you just make a mad dash and double click them out of war/mode another trick is (again in EC) choose to swtich current target on mouse over. Hope that helps!