• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about Vollems

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I read somewhere that even after being trained one level their taming requirement remains below 30. Is this accurate?

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, you just have to be careful when you build it. Each time you raise something it adds to the taming requirement.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I read somewhere that even after being trained one level their taming requirement remains below 30. Is this accurate?
Take a pair with you to TC and experiment with it. That way you don't wreck a real pair. I personally enjoy running a pair with Bard Masteries, they do pretty good as untrained pets, leveling them one time would make them that much more awesome but apparently it's risky.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just so you know, the new ones are 3 slot, not 2 slot. They start with a negative taming requirement, but, if you carefully do it, you can make a 120 disco vollem with less than 20 taming required. So a human could control 1 while being on a swampy.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Take a pair with you to TC and experiment with it. That way you don't wreck a real pair. I personally enjoy running a pair with Bard Masteries, they do pretty good as untrained pets, leveling them one time would make them that much more awesome but apparently it's risky.
When I read it I'll be honest I was thinking a set with my sampire would work nicely. Maybe replace anatomy with vet so I can heal/rez them

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just curious are they all 3 slot now or 2

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just curious are they all 3 slot now or 2
From what I gather only those opened before the taming revamp are 2 slots. From what I understand even at 3 slots you can still get 120 disco on it and still be able to control with joat.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There are advantages of the 3 slot starting vollems, yes you won't be able to run 2 (a 3 slot trained and a 2 slot), but the 3 slot starting vollem can have higher base damage when trained.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It seems two 2 slots would be better and do more over all damage than one 3 slot also 2 slot allows for 1 slot horse ethy