• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Getting the itch and no longer want to wait for the announcement... some questions.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm starting fresh. I'll prob have a couple mil gold from previous characters, but that's it. This will be an active sub account and not EJ.

Is anyone actually doing anything in game as far as group events to hang out with Discord voice chat? Just social stuff to laugh and make friends. I'm okay to join a new shard. NA region.
Are the tokuno treasures still active? It's by far my favorite event.

I'm mostly interested in playing an MMO and being social. Nothing extreme. Just an event or so every week where we group up and hang out. I work from home so I'm usually always on. I typically work 6 am to 2:30 PM EST and turn in for the evening around 9 PM EST. So ideally it'd be something with that time in mind.

I really enjoy hunting paragons, treasure maps (I know they've changed a bit), mining, and the plant system.

I'm down to learn PVP too. I've never been good at it in UO.

What I'm not interested in is joining a shard and it not having social interaction outside of EM events or just a weekly sit in a house thing.

Last edited:

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi and Welcome! This is what's happening on Chesapeake and more.

Thanks, do they actively use Discord in any of the guilds?

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Players talk about using Discord, but you would have to ask in chat to see which guilds use it.
Might pass on Chessy then if another shard has active users on Discord. I do love the Chessy people though from times past. The goblins are fun and there are a lot of nice people on the shard. Thanks!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Atlantic has a lot of people to interact with. UWF is the largest and most active guild in UO, hosting hour long guild hunts every day (except Tuesday) at 9PM EST. UWF guild hunts can easily see 20+ guildmates attend, and Stigaman's weekly Scalis hunt has been known to pull in almost 40 guildies recently (we've even had EMs show up to it to see what's causing all the server lag, us, lol). UWF is an exclusively PvM, no-drama guild with a few simple rules to follow (such as no cussing in guild chat). UWF has it's own Discord channel as well.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Come to Siege Perilous. The economy isn't broken, pretty much everyone is on Discord, and it truly is the only shard where your reputation means anything. Every other shard you are just a nobody in an endless sea of nobodies. There is a guild for every personality type and the folks at NEW can help you find the right one for you. Siege is just different, it's much more personal and meaningful. You will have friends, you will have enemies. You just don't get that on any other shard.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Siege has always been interesting to me. My hangups are that I only like to have one active account and the people left playing UO at this point have multiple accounts. The multiple accounts removes the balance of that shard.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
On napa, we have a discord, and there are always people on it. We need new blood as well.

Its slow enough that you can do what you want, but enough of us on that we can help ya get going.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

general discord for everything. EM event reminders, feeds for stratics etc... not a lot of people in voice but you can at least meet some people there.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

general discord for everything. EM event reminders, feeds for stratics etc... not a lot of people in voice but you can at least meet some people there.
I am in there. I dont use mic becasue my wife would think something up if she heard me talking in the basement.

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Catskills has a very active rp group, with things to do every week. There is also a very active discord server, although I think it's mostly text.