• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

20th Anniversary Invasion

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Okay, so this event is coming back on May 12th, from the little bit I've been able to dig up it looks like only the 4th part of the even will be active, the town invasions.
So for someone who was not playing during the 20th Anniversary, I have a few questions for those that were around during this time. I saw what the coveted loot is, the up to 50% SDI and 30%SDI Slayer books, which I hope I'm able to get my hands on. But beyond that I'm wondering:

1. Are the invasions always on? As-in, is there always one town that is being invaded no matter the time of day?
2. Or do the invasions need to be activated by some other quest/activity to get an invasion to start? If so, what is that?
3. Does this take place in Fel or Tram? Both?
4. If you're on at a time where no one is online, can these be soloed or do you need a group kind of like blackthorns' castle?
4. Any useful advice for this event other than try not to die?

Looking forward to something new.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Add to this, do the items drop in your bag, or are they loot on the bodies?

Also read that garg throwers can get bane weapons from archers

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same, I haven't found any other information on how it works. I read a comment somewhere that players will need to kill all the spawn in one town in order to get them to spawn in the next.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
the town crier will tell you which city it is active in.
It will be in that city until the boss is dead.

The ones that you battle for the garg weapons will be the archers.
They have green armor on.

Each of the invaders have different outfits on.
Each groupings have captains & Generals.
If you leave them alone, the lower ranking officers will keep respawning.

but in order to get the BOSS to spawn, you have to kill every single officer in that city.
The city they spawn in are the ones that have governors.
Trinsic is one of the cities that is a pain, because they can spawn in the walls.
A GM has to be paged, if they are in the walls.

All drops will be in your backpack, but check the final BOSS (pyros, lithos, stratos, or Hydros the titan elementals)
because you can get 30% talismans there

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Thanks for the great information. That makes it pretty clear as to how it works.
One other question, do you know if luck increases your chance of getting a drop?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will a titan slayer work on all the spawn and titan bosses?
No slayer for spawn. The Pagan Titan slayer can be put on a weapon from an Oblisk. Unfortunately it lasts 1 hour and has a 24 hour cooldown. The Bosses are not Titans from the game. We stopped messing with putting the slayer on.

1588635118520.png
1588635149974.png 1588635183611.png

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thought I'd add my few cents to the already good info:

1. Are the invasions always on? As-in, is there always one town that is being invaded no matter the time of day?
As mentioned the spawns do rotate, once a spawn is cleared and boss killed there is like a 5-10 minute (from what I remember) lull before the next battle is activated.
3. Does this take place in Fel or Tram? Both?
Not sure, but if you are after the items, spellbooks etc, It would probably be counter productive to bother in Fel. Go with the crowds, clear them quickly and increase drop chances.
4. If you're on at a time where no one is online, can these be soloed or do you need a group kind of like blackthorns' castle?
I personally don't play Atlantic and on my shard there are quieter times outside of prime time and I can confirm they can be soloed, time consuming yes but not difficult if you are careful. The only similarity they have to Blackthorns is the high HP, they don't hit anywhere near as hard as macers/swordsmen/fencers etc.
4. Any useful advice for this event other than try not to die?
These last points I'm a little hazy on and you will find out when the event goes live for sure but... I remember, and I can hear the sighs already, sampires were the most effective against them all. I also seem to remember on occasion for variety using my bard/tamer I seem to recall them being discoable and cold damage pets being most effective. I could be way off there and have it confused with another event, after all it has been a while!

The biggest tip I can give is simply, go for the high rank mobs. The higher the rank of mob, the higher chance of getting drops. Want spellbooks? go for the caster generals. The generals get swarmed as soon as the spawn is active. And I seem to recall the drop chance from the generals being pretty close too if not a 100% chance.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The generals get swarmed as soon as the spawn is active. And I seem to recall the drop chance from the generals being pretty close too if not a 100% chance.
Yes, Somebody got a book from the book droppers. The books are not all good. You can get a 7 SDI book and low in the other stats. RNG is horrible. You have to get a lot of books to get a 48% up. The good ones have max stats in the other areas at least. The Slayer ones don't all have max stats when SDI is 30%

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where'd the obelisk come from ?
Pieces were from parts 1 2 and 3. So now you buy on a vendor. :devil:

The event lasted the whole year almost. Mine is set to public on LS. I got 7 of them but forgot what box they are in so I only have 2 set up.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks! While I was looking at the books I found another 50% that I never used.:danceb:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where'd the obelisk come from ?
It was pieces from quests before the invasions started, if I remember correctly. FYI, I also remember that the "Titan Slayer" can be added to spellbooks as well. It adds it to whatever is in your characters right hand I believe. *DISCLAIMER* I HAVE splet since then, but I am pretty sure I am correct in this instance.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was pieces from quests before the invasions started, if I remember correctly. FYI, I also remember that the "Titan Slayer" can be added to spellbooks as well. It adds it to whatever is in your characters right hand I believe. *DISCLAIMER* I HAVE splet since then, but I am pretty sure I am correct in this instance.
I'm gonna see if I can find the pieces for one later.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The 50 SDI books all have max stats:
1588645168949.png

The 30 Slayer books do not all have max stats.
1588645237318.png

I have none with max stats. This is closest. LMC can be 5%.

The good ones have 64 spells.

Notice the other stats are different. I have an imbued ring that I have to switch out when I switch to a slayer book.

The books from Khadun vendor all had the same stats. They are 25 slayer with similar stats as the Slayer books.
1588645831911.png

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
There were a few public ones (obelisks) on Europa for people to use that didn't get them, you might find someone who has one on display on other shards. I'm not sure how long the titan slayer buff lasts or how long a cool-down it had, half the time I totally forgot to get it before doing an invasion. :oops:

Crafting fun

Adventurer
Will Ej's be able to participate? unlike TOT where they get nothing, it would be nice to see Ej's be able to get a taste of what is available before they subscribe, like some of the lesser drops. I cant see ej's subbing off the back of something that they cant get a taste for.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will Ej's be able to participate? unlike TOT where they get nothing, it would be nice to see Ej's be able to get a taste of what is available before they subscribe, like some of the lesser drops. I cant see ej's subbing off the back of something that they cant get a taste for.
I am against EJ accounts being able to get the "drops". IMO, there is WAY too much EJ abuse already. It has been more of a help to the scripters and multibotters than anything else. For every one of the true "returners" from EJ there are probably 30-50 EJ accounts being used by current players.

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I highly doubt EJ's will get the drops, but a lot of useful information here that will get us a good start. :cool:

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a public obelisk on the patio of an old-school sandstone house near the North exit from Luna on Sonoma everyone is welcome to use.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the invasions to reboot to another city, I remember all the generals must be killed. On a lot of shards, guilds will move in and target the 1 - 2 spellcaster generals to get the sdi spellbooks then recall off to wait until someone else cleans up the mess and then they reappear at the next city invaded to target the mages. The melee weapon that drop are almost worthless and cannot be imbued but the archer drops - bow, xbow, hvy xbow and the 3 garg weps can be imbued.

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
How many hitpoints do the spellcasters that drop the sdi spellbooks have?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How many hitpoints do the spellcasters that drop the sdi spellbooks have?
Can't lore them. When they came out it took a long time to kill them. But that was two years ago and all of our pets and items are better now.

Longer the better so one player can't just hog them.

Groo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Sorry if i'm asking stupid questions, but been away for 15 years and playing mostly solo (deep in the night)
How many people can get a drop from the same general / captain?
Can i just join in and help to kill one (like krampus) or will i anger the other players?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
On Europa everyone just joined in, it's a city invasion and nobody can kill the Captains quickly by themselves. You do get some snotty people who yell at you, but just ignore them. :p

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sorry if i'm asking stupid questions, but been away for 15 years and playing mostly solo (deep in the night)
How many people can get a drop from the same general / captain?
Can i just join in and help to kill one (like krampus) or will i anger the other players?
Welcome back!

Not 100% sure but I think only 1 drop (spellbook) per general but possible I am wrong here.

While it doesn't hurt to ask; the invasions are a public event and nobody owns the mobs so feel free to hop in. It might annoy some people but then again those are probably the same people that wouldn't hesitate to hop in on your kill. My policy the first time around was to just maximize the generals killed so the more people killing generals the faster you move on to the next town. Main thing is, just have fun!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Welcome back!

Not 100% sure but I think only 1 drop (spellbook) per general but possible I am wrong here.

While it doesn't hurt to ask; the invasions are a public event and nobody owns the mobs so feel free to hop in. It might annoy some people but then again those are probably the same people that wouldn't hesitate to hop in on your kill. My policy the first time around was to just maximize the generals killed so the more people killing generals the faster you move on to the next town. Main thing is, just have fun!
The complainers are the ones who are from another shard trying to take items from a "dead" Shard. LS will show them how dead we are. :)

I set out runes to public crystal portals and public Oblisk so everyone can get to the cities.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like most events, they will wait till all shards patch to turn it on. By tomorrow it should be fully active.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The complainers are the ones who are from another shard trying to take items from a "dead" Shard. LS will show them how dead we are. :)

I set out runes to public crystal portals and public Oblisk so everyone can get to the cities.
Might have to swing by with my sampire or tamer tonight

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Welcome back!

Everyone who does enough damage has a chance to get a spellbook. So jump in and join the group attacking.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Everyone who does enough damage has a chance to get a spellbook. So jump in and join the group attacking.
No I have 2 guys doing same damage and sometimes one does not get a book. I think the number is 3 books.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Unfortunately it lasts 1 hour and has a 24 hour cooldown. The Bosses are not Titans from the game. We stopped messing with putting the slayer on.
You sure on the 1 hour time frame? I remember running with it around the clock...

but maybe I was using more than one obleisk...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Was not long the last invasion. We quit using it cause it wore off fast.
Also can't use it for 24 hrs. Can't go to a different one.

Last edited:

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No I have 2 guys doing same damage and sometimes one does not get a book. I think the number is 3 books.
That's why I said chance.

It's not guaranteed, but also does not necessarily only drop 1 single book either.

Valeria

Visitor
Please forgive the rookie questions. I've been away for 15 or so years. Just coming back. How do you find an invasion? How do I locate where an invasion is taking place? Thanks in advance.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please forgive the rookie questions. I've been away for 15 or so years. Just coming back. How do you find an invasion? How do I locate where an invasion is taking place? Thanks in advance.
Crier in Brit commons will announce it. You may have to run off screen and back to see it. If no invasions he says the streets are safe.

Gurur Yıldız

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hi, is there any epic loot from Titans? I mean end-bosses except talismans and inventory legendaries?

Do they drops some artifacts to your backpack or any other valuable items?

Thanks.

DanteSignas

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, is there any epic loot from Titans? I mean end-bosses except talismans and inventory legendaries?

Do they drops some artifacts to your backpack or any other valuable items?

Thanks.
Nope, just the corpse loot with chance for legendaries and stuff. Nothing in the pack.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I saw someone post on here when the 20th Anniversary arc was originally on that they got a Crimson Cincture. I'm pretty sure they said from a Titan but maybe someone else with a better memory can confirm that.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I saw someone post on here when the 20th Anniversary arc was originally on that they got a Crimson Cincture. I'm pretty sure they said from a Titan but maybe someone else with a better memory can confirm that.
Yes they are based on peerless so you can get CC. I have yet to get it but I got a parrot...

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes they are based on peerless so you can get CC. I have yet to get it but I got a parrot...
This makes sense as I have gotten set item pieces from them as well.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How is everyone finding and targeting the spellcasters so fast?
Theres lots of guilds/friends on atl. They're calling them out in gchat/discord. Find the fast group and follow them, or ask to join them. I see lots of LLTS and UWF who I'm sure will happily help you. I'd assume other shards it's the same.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk