• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about moving...

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've only been back for I want to say 8 months after several years.

Have any changes been made to make moving easier ?

In the respect of getting everything inside a moving crate which is easy enough. But then relocating said crate to a new house if both are currently standing and one is going to decay anyway, if not dropped ?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
As far as I know you still have to move house manually, you can't take a moving crate to another house. I wish it were otherwise, I've spent a lot of game hours moving house...

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I know you still have to move house manually, you can't take a moving crate to another house. I wish it were otherwise, I've spent a lot of game hours moving house...
I figured as much but was hoping... vendors alone, would be a time saver. They take up most of my storage space lmao.

Got my eye on a better loc. So probably gonna move anyway. But now I gotta plan it better lmao

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That said, does housing still follow the same decay rules when placing compared to if I were to let the account lapse?

So like if I place a house today. I still have roughly five to six days to get it all done. Even though realistically it probably wouldn't take me more than three if I pace it.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That said, does housing still follow the same decay rules when placing compared to if I were to let the account lapse?

So like if I place a house today. I still have roughly five to six days to get it all done. Even though realistically it probably wouldn't take me more than three if I pace it.
I always shoot for a 24 hour moving window, in theory yes you should have days, but I see posts of people saying their house dropped early (who knows if its user error though)

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always shoot for a 24 hour moving window, in theory yes you should have days, but I see posts of people saying their house dropped early (who knows if its user error though)

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk
I did it anyway but figure I got until 6pm EST tomorrow if we go by a 24 hr window. But even dropping early...

I suspect it might still be safe to say 36/48 hrs. So a day, day n a half.

But will shoot for that 24hr window to be moderately safe.

But I am in a more trafficked area imo. So it's a win I suppose. Even more so if this new life to UO thing works out after all this covid **** is over and everyone gets back to the office to talk about it.

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
On the official forums I saw someone say that you can purchase house teleporter tiles to speed up the process. You place your new house, put a tile in your new one and your old one. Then, go load up your packies and teleport instantly to inside your new house.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the official forums I saw someone say that you can purchase house teleporter tiles to speed up the process. You place your new house, put a tile in your new one and your old one. Then, go load up your packies and teleport instantly to inside your new house.
That would be easier than gate travel.

I suppose I could try and buy a set of tiles and keep for future use or resell after.

Hmm...

Right now I'm in the design phase.

Thx for the idea !

I am guessing thsts only bonded animals. I suppose I could still make it work with 2 packies and a beatle.

Just be a bit slower than 5 horses but still better than gating.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just gate with 5 pack horses
I'll probably and up doing just that bec theres no tiles on vendor search and I'd rather not dump $20 extra into the game right now.

Edit: Actually, it might be $10, so maybe...

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those teleport tiles come in handy I have about 12 sets (got them cheap in game)
If you ever get another house you won’t regret buying them

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This has me thinking I should bond 5 pack horses on my mule character so next I move they will be bonded

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has me thinking I should bond 5 pack horses on my mule character so next I move they will be bonded
If I ever did get another house. I'd have to pay for a second account. But ya. I said f'it and paid the $10 for a set of tiles since it wasn't $20 lol

But ya. Short of buying bonding potions I'm not going to. I'll test later to see if non bonded can cross them, or packies period bonded or not.

But I'm already on the decay clock so I got til 6pk est to fit a 24hr window even though I'd say 48 is still 100% a safe bet.

But ya. I'd rather have paid GP for them but didn't find any via vendor search. But I can live with $10 fiat.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bonded pets Do Work on the store bought tele pads
I agree on not buying the potion to bond them I would rather Gate them
Those tele pads will come in handy

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bonded pets Do Work on the store bought tele pads
I agree on not buying the potion to bond them I would rather Gate them
Those tele pads will come in handy
Almost done moving / organizing. I got in an ADD kind of way and went above and beyond the time I wanted to tonight. But I'm done minus 2 chests I need to find a deed box for on gl, then moving 18 vendors with the last thing being collapsing the old house.

But ya. I did it with a beetle and 2 packies I've had forever. Like PP forever lol

So looooong day but good day and it's now 4am so my fat arse is going to bed.

Cheers and ty dor the convo :)

Just hoping I can find a deed box tomorrow / later. Last search yielded no results.

But these two chests total are in excess of 250k stones.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I forgot about those teleport tiles, that would speed things up a lot!
As far as I remember you only get 5 days now when you place another house before the first one falls, I think it was 7 days at one point but they changed it.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I forgot about those teleport tiles, that would speed things up a lot!
As far as I remember you only get 5 days now when you place another house before the first one falls, I think it was 7 days at one point but they changed it.
I'm down to 18 vendors and 2 chests, the chest both combined in excess of 250k. So need a deed box for them, but vendors should be doable in less than a day, my 24hr mark is roughly 6pm est tonight. So I still have some time.

But ya, those tiles helped.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sound like it’s a lot of work but is going well

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Know one will loan you one
I’m on Pac I would but that doesn’t help

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't suspect they would which is why I'd offer 10 mil as a temp purchase to be paid back when the box is given back.

I got a post on the trade forum here for gl about that.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If u can’t find one hmu in a pm or here & I’ll transfer one over for u to use. Not home for a few more hrs or I’d get it started for ya just incase. Takes 30-45mins usually unless transfers are down & in that case maybe sol but I’d b glad 2 try n help out boss.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All but 18 vendors done, and that's tomorrows project. Just passed my first 24hrs approx 1.25hrs ago. So barring any server issues, the rest of the move should go smoothly.

Thx again for the loan Theo !

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Word. Didn’t know so had 2 offer.
Good man Theo :)

Congrats on ur new house Miner
It's a better loc than where I was, but only did it to hassle a guy 3 doors down doin some price is right 100k under my stuff type selling. What can I say. I bore easily lmao

But if this new life to uo crap pans out, it shouldn't be too bad.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All but 18 vendors done, and that's tomorrows project. Just passed my first 24hrs approx 1.25hrs ago. So barring any server issues, the rest of the move should go smoothly.

Thx again for the loan Theo !
No problem. Happy to help. As I said - moving is NO picnic. I just went through it a week or so ago for the first time in 10 years. It went ok but could have been better if jewelry boxes weren't borked. They take one lockdown for every jewel in them so if you have more than 125/500 you can't carry it. I have a number of these at 300 or 400 jewels in the box so it was a time waster to empty them into my pack on some toons - move the box then try to find the loose rings and braces in my pack to put back in the box. They should work like Davies or Bod books with a 1/5 factor so you can carry a full box. But hey - our game is coded by interns.

Enjoy your new digs! Heres to hoping you don't have to move again anytime soon!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I stopped using the jewellery boxes for jewellery and just put it all back into chests, in the EC normal chests have better functionality anyway, the jewel boxes are now just deco items. :(

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No problem. Happy to help. As I said - moving is NO picnic. I just went through it a week or so ago for the first time in 10 years. It went ok but could have been better if jewelry boxes weren't borked. They take one lockdown for every jewel in them so if you have more than 125/500 you can't carry it. I have a number of these at 300 or 400 jewels in the box so it was a time waster to empty them into my pack on some toons - move the box then try to find the loose rings and braces in my pack to put back in the box. They should work like Davies or Bod books with a 1/5 factor so you can carry a full box. But hey - our game is coded by interns.

Enjoy your new digs! Heres to hoping you don't have to move again anytime soon!
Thx, aside from my moment of petty lol

It is a better loc and one I was eyeing on Baja 15yrs ago, on gl now. Could have place on baja but it a neighbor 3 tiles to the left putting me 4 tiles back from the road with a Tree in front of the steps... not here on gl. But downtime aside bec I have been familiar with up for a while. I generally stick to my roots. But this is my first move in probably thst same timeframe if not longer.

Basically went from mtns north of Britain inn to the crowds east I think, of the mtns where I was.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stopped using the jewellery boxes for jewellery and just put it all back into chests, in the EC normal chests have better functionality anyway, the jewel boxes are now just deco items. :(
I didnt have much in the way of armor or jewelry so this was a standard move tech speaking.

Did some vendors last night. Think I got 6 to go. But one is a full bag old school potted plant guy.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
14 down, 4 vendors to go. I think I hate moving them more lmao

But I'll fit a 48hr window since the condemning of the original house. Or just over it, not that I'm worried provided I remain inside 72hrs.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It would be nice if UO did a moving crate like EQ2 does, you just pack up one house, buy another, move the crate and unpack, it was a bit scary the first time you did it though! It's just not possible I suppose.
I've never really had Vendors but I imagine it's a major pain to move all that stuff. :(

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be nice if UO did a moving crate like EQ2 does, you just pack up one house, buy another, move the crate and unpack, it was a bit scary the first time you did it though! It's just not possible I suppose.
I've never really had Vendors but I imagine it's a major pain to move all that stuff. :(
Yes and no regarding vendors. But ya, access to the vendors menu if their in the crate would at least be nice even if not access to the crate itself. I don't imagine it would be too terribly hard to code it since it's giving access to what the char already has access to, all be it only at the one loc.

I would imagine it's just flipping a few switches as one might say.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah but we know how things can go in UO when they just 'flip a few switches' :p
It would be nice to at least be able to 'pack-up' a vendor and then 'unpack' it at a new location, we can dream right?

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah but we know how things can go in UO when they just 'flip a few switches'
It would be nice to at least be able to 'pack-up' a vendor and then 'unpack' it at a new location, we can dream right?
Oh ya lol

That being said... the moves done, old house demolished. All that's left is organizing two vendors of the original 18 with about 84 (13 dif types I think) colored special nets from my beetles pack.

I've also for simplicities sake confirmed my new home is auto refresh !!!

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad it all went smoothly if not as quickly as you hoped! :p
Well I can at least say as of 5 mins ago I finished. Just gotta organize a few sm bags as in locking them down where they were before. But that's barely OCD **** lol

But I went OCD on the vendors making sure multiples (nets, old school plants erc.) were dead stacked so theres no edge shadowing if you get my drift.

But ya. Short of moving I think 5 bags and double checking contents, I can officially say my arse is done !

I'll always love UO but I need a break after all that lmao

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It really sucks trying to shop vendors that have been stocked by players using the EC I use cc and you can’t see half the items they all stack on top each other

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It really sucks trying to shop vendors that have been stocked by players using the EC I use cc and you can’t see half the items they all stack on top each other
I'm not a fan of EC, always use regular. But I have 18 vendors bec I like to showcase and only perfect stack things like nets, plants etc bec why show off like 20 of the same thing, exception being sole vendors for fabled and regular nets so I dump away lol

124 plants / 54 nets / 33 misc. daily's

That's just 3 of the 18. But you see what I mean...

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
WOW that is perfection ! And maybe a little bit of ocd lol

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOW that is perfection ! And maybe a little bit of ocd lol
I warned ya. But ya... now you know why I dreaded the vendors, but truth be told they're more perfect stacked now than they were lmao... so like 80% > 100%

I mean I'm not light switch 3 times OCD and am OCD about very few things. Really a time of day / what mood I'm in kind of thing lmao