• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where to hunt?

Chronos69

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello there folks.

I have a tamer that I usually use for t-hunting and I have a lot of fun with it, but I would like to try something different.

I also have an abc archer and I generally use it for Sleeping dragon champ spawn and some Tokuno artifacts.

But that's all I do because I don't really know what else to do.

Before coming back to UO I used to do Fell champs, but seems that in my server (Atlantic) fell champs are domained by PK's with ghostcams.
I also loved to farm at Doom's Gauntlet, but seems nobody goes there anymore so...

What are my options to get good stuff/artifacts/etc?

QwertyEuropa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Could try some of the new dungeons, Shadowguard is a great place for a tamer at the moment. You may have to find one or two friends to go with you as the roof can be pretty unforgiving. The room events are quite fun and unique and with a little research and preparation you will be able to solo the room events with ease... Although the rewards only come from the roof event.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The roof can be beaten with a sampire alone, but it is necessary to have a mega suit, weapons all top of the line. :)
As for the three lower levels, you can use, in my opinion the full trained Nightmare, a Cu Shide with a good physical combat training, I see that you play in the Atlantic, so for lack of companions you will not miss going there...well ... use a Cu Shide with discordance, it is excellent as support and with it you will not fail to receive items of value, in roof.
And ... don't get discouraged by the pkiller infestation in Feluca ... just don't go alone.
Have fun!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello there folks.

I have a tamer that I usually use for t-hunting and I have a lot of fun with it, but I would like to try something different.

I also have an abc archer and I generally use it for Sleeping dragon champ spawn and some Tokuno artifacts.

But that's all I do because I don't really know what else to do.

Before coming back to UO I used to do Fell champs, but seems that in my server (Atlantic) fell champs are domained by PK's with ghostcams.
I also loved to farm at Doom's Gauntlet, but seems nobody goes there anymore so...

What are my options to get good stuff/artifacts/etc?
People still run the gauntlet in Doom, myself included. It's not as busy as it was before but you will certainly find people there at the busier times of day (at least on ATL). That said, an archer has no place in Doom these days so I'd suggest a pet with frenzied whirlwind and a good suit with lots of mana to heal/cure (discord also helps). You can technically solo everything with a tamer but it's true that the DF will take quite a long time if you are by yourself. The best option these days is a Sampire; I'm able to solo everything (including DF) pretty quickly but the downside of the sampire is that 1) your suit takes an absolute beating (I need repairs after a few hours) 2) the fleshrenderers no go invuln which is a huge pain and does sometimes lead to a death robe or two if you whiff a couple times and they get off a few hits.