• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

so...... Easter?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
we seem to be very hit or miss with Easter over the years.
any Easter pixil crack this year do we think?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I guess they didn't have time to do anything before they all went home.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL. Having a blast on 14 day Ark Easter event. They will figure this out one day.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well all the non stop bashing on them (me included) why would they put the effort into it

They have better things to do like create more store items :oops:
Perhaps if folk felt more like the DEVs gave a rats backside or tried ... or cared... or put the effort in... people wouldn't be so negative... or if they felt they were being heard...

But when you look at logs of the M&G and stuff how they talk to the players and such and how they treat us... you'll see why it is this way. But UO has a LONG history of treating its player base as a bunch of criminals... thieves and liars... so go figure. Guess if you keep treating them that way eventually those will be the only ones you have left...

Oh and just so you know... there is some art in the art files... unused yet again. Or perhaps it was given out by some EM or something but probably the EMs don't even know that there was art added a while ago for things... who knows. Missed opportunity... or perhaps they forgot. Who knows. But I do remember seeing some art...

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@MalagAste

I think you misunderstood me I’m not playing devils advocate here. It seems are leader has a Marie Antoinette attitude We Are Just Peasants to her. But we don’t even get bread with butter unless we buy it from Her. (Or there private store)

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@MalagAste

I think you misunderstood me I’m not playing devils advocate here. It seems are leader has a Marie Antoinette attitude We Are Just Peasants to her. But we don’t even get bread with butter unless we buy it from Her. (Or there private store)
Bonnie and her gold seller friends. Bet they are playing her day in day out. But then they pay her salary and she won't bite the hand that feeds her. The biggest cheats know this too well.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'll never forget that Valentine's event the EM's were running, there was a really pretty heart-shaped drawers or chest we all wanted. It was shown by people on other shards and then it was Europa's turn for the event so my husband and I went and we really wanted to get the drop as it was so nice, but yet again we got played, on Europa they didn't give out the Valentine chest, they gave a 'Cheaters cup and dice' errrm what?? How is that all about Valentine's? o_O

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@MalagAste

Trust me I've got it ..... all too well. It's why I've been so disgusted with UO for the last 5 or 6 years. I finally decided I've had about as much as I can stand and honestly haven't played UO for the last month or more and I couldn't be happier. If I ever figure out what I'm going to do with my crap in UO I'll close down all my accounts. For now, I closed 2 of them and have packed up almost all my vet rewards, all my soulstones, and all my shard shields... I even packed up most all my EM Drop items. If I ever feel like working at it I'll pack up some more and drop a few more houses... but I honestly don't care enough right now to do that. I am sort of waiting to hear what the "big ta do" is going to be about that was supposed to happen in March... *feigns shock that it hasn't happened yet*...

But if they ever get around to announcing something before October I'll be surprised. At any rate, I'm more than prepared to be unimpressed and even more disgusted than ever with the direction UO has taken of late. I'm sure if I'm as impressed by that as I am by most everything else of late I'll be just walking away. But be sure that I'll be packing up anything of any value in my houses before I let them fall .... and more than likely I won't just let them fall... most likely I'll either give them away or I'll drop them myself so the greedy S.O.B.s don't get crap from me... because it's them that disgust me more than anything when it comes to UO...

Matrix Cubed

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Bonnie and her gold seller friends. Bet they are playing her day in day out. But then they pay her salary and she won't bite the hand that feeds her. The biggest cheats know this too well.
Yep...remember the UO Town Hall a couple tears ago? I signed up for that immediately but somehow didn't make the list. Then you see all those that did...lol...I used to wonder how in hell all the same people got event items every time! At least the game is still available for those of us who were Garriott fans and hold dear his concepts for the game. When Origin had that dinky little shop in Londonderry NH, I walked in with my hand drawn map of the dungeon that held the Mark of the Snake and asked where in hell the Mark was since I had roamed it several times. It was the last '?' at the end of a hall of winds...I thought all the ?'s were wind and never took the last step! I've been playing Ultima since the very beginning. UO, I let my brother use my '97 acct in 2000...he and my nephew lobbed exp pots at LB in Brit during a speech...both accts banned and no amount of begging would get it back. At least I had started a second in Dec'99 so still got some old rares...that weren't turned into something else because the devs couldn't be bothered to make new art. Ah well. Still peasants after all these years...

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see some put a wanted poster on the easter gift,
I for one dont need one. we had xmas gifts, valentines gift, spring gift and haloween rewards, I can survive without a easter gift this year.
Remember we have some easter gifts from previous years that can be used for deco during easter (for those who deco after seasons)

To me its more important that they fix bugs, add permanent content, make people stay and shards thrive.
And if they have the time I also dont mind a 3month event like the town invasion a few years back (or a updated ToT system with minor/major rewards)
But what I really dont like is items being spawned again a decade later. like the luck mempo, or invasion spellbooks if they add the same ones again its silly.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
*throws another log on the fire and stokes the coals*

I grow weary of the constant pancakes.

If you have a positive suggestion post it, but be clear, the Devs are done with this forum. Based on the stupid accusations and drama. If you want to be heard and have an actual suggestion then post where you know you should. You might make a difference.

Now if you want to have some fan fun with your guild, play style, hey I just joined questions. There could be a lot of people that could engage with that here.

Other then that I would encourage the Admins to clear the deck. If you want to survive and build then be the place where the legacy players can learn and expand without the stupid drama.

*settles back into the chair and turns a page*

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Heaven fobid having some fun when the game studio once again forgets about Easter :rolleyes: Not that they would care, at least not more than about the dozen people asking for VS to be fixed, which theyflat out refuse despite all of those paid accounts trying to make a difference over there. Stop fooling yourself, they're not interested in feedback outside TC1 content. Not at all. A fair share just gets deleted.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Other then that I would encourage the Admins to clear the deck. If you want to survive and build then be the place where the legacy players can learn and expand without the stupid drama.
Let's create the same echo chamber as the official forums here :D I am damn glad they got rid of the old moderators. Every day they induced drama by locking threads, removing posts and - of course - throwing their opinions in just before locking it.

Glad Stratics cleared the deck :) Cheers!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Well said, Nabin. *lifts glass in salute"

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How can people not see that all the whining and complaining doesn't make new players want to play? It is Broadsword's job to get people to play and make money for EA. So they try to moderate the whining and complaining on their forum, what's wrong with that? It isn't their job to do all the things that players want. If they don't want to enforce the ToS, they don't have to, and the players will have to deal with it. The players should be happy that they have any type of communication with the developers, because it isn't required. I have noticed a shift in the industry where the devs and players need to be in contact, it puts unnecessary stress on development teams and creates entitlement from the player base. I know nothing I say will change that, but perhaps someone will see it.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
adding new or collectable content in a game as old as this is never a bad thing.
for some people that all they enjoy doing in this game.
lets try not to hate on the pixil crack addicts people - its a disease!

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Maybe it's because we hated so hard on that bunny picture they put out that time.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did they actually put those in game lol

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How can people not see that all the whining and complaining doesn't make new players want to play? It is Broadsword's job to get people to play and make money for EA. So they try to moderate the whining and complaining on their forum, what's wrong with that? It isn't their job to do all the things that players want. If they don't want to enforce the ToS, they don't have to, and the players will have to deal with it. The players should be happy that they have any type of communication with the developers, because it isn't required. I have noticed a shift in the industry where the devs and players need to be in contact, it puts unnecessary stress on development teams and creates entitlement from the player base. I know nothing I say will change that, but perhaps someone will see it.
First of all they bring this upon themselfs, and they got a track record of it. A new player is rather unlikely to hit the forums up first. Usually they have a great time figuring the game, killing Ettins and what not. It's the ingame experience that really matters, and for the most part there are tons of old players willing to drop anything they are doing to help a new player in need.

Despite receiving a lot of help from the community - if they are not new to gaming in general - they might ask if there is no sort of easter event on UO. There are new items to be earned on like any competiting game to UO - and a 2 hour community scavenger hunt on a single UO server is not going to cut it.

I for one helped dozens of new players and spent lots of money to support this game. No, the development team has not to communicate with us, but neither does any player have to be overly optimistic.

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
All forums have some negative posts, that's how the Devs know people have issues that need looking at or that upcoming changes are not what people hoped...
As for new players, how many potential paying customers have they lost because EJ players have no forum over there where they can post at all, they could have made an EJ area for them to post in, but no they didn't want to bother.
So which is worse, new players reading the forum and seeing that UO has it's issues like any other game, or driving away paying customers who close more and more of their accounts because they don't feel that the Dev team listen or care about their concerns. :(

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure why I chose this thread to mention this. Wondering if there are Easter rewards is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. I apologise if I made it seem like I feel otherwise. Perhaps I'll continue this discussion on another thread on a different day.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i fear old Pete may be having a stroke!
he actually sounded nice there, civil even!!!!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that what I said is incorrect. Just that I could have picked a better thread to illustrate my point.

Also, I have never been anything short of civil. Niceness however, has never held much value to me.

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that what I said is incorrect. Just that I could have picked a better thread to illustrate my point.
I think you would be right putting your original comment on 90% of the threads because certain people have a tendency to do that on every single thread they comment on. In fact I think you should just copy/paste it in most of the threads since there is no reason to put any extra effort into trying to explain how a business works or how being nice usually works better than being a jerk to get what you want... some people just won't learn :D

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think you would be right putting your original comment on 90% of the threads because certain people have a tendency to do that on every single thread they comment on. In fact I think you should just copy/paste it in most of the threads since there is no reason to put any extra effort into trying to explain how a business works or how being nice usually works better than being a jerk to get what you want... some people just won't learn :D
If only one had asked nicely, I bet they had fixed VS weeks ago. Stupid us :D

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If only one had asked nicely, I bet they had fixed VS weeks ago. Stupid us :D
To my knowledge VS works on every shard except ATL... so VS works 95% of the shards. They probably don't fix it on ATL because if they did you would then have people complain about how commission vendors are bad for the market and ruin the economy; oh wait they already started that thread :cool:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
95% of shards and what, like a quarter of the gaming population?
Yes but why explain that to someone who obviously only cares for his shard rather than the game in general.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm trying to be hopeful and maybe convince them that other people matter.

Lost cause ya think?