• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*** Sampire Template + uber complete suit question ***

Johnny Black

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So I have a question regarding a sampire template and the suit, capable to solo about anything.

I understand that template would be
120 Sword
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Necro
120 Bushido
120 Chivalry or Parry?

something like that, I understand that you can use a 2nd account with a Bard to help on the buffs, now my question is regarding the uber suit.
Do You use Legendary Jewels? or the Lune Rouge and Soleil Rouge Set.
Tinker Leg?? Mace and shield?, Should I use straight Metal armor? Hide? or that makes no difference at all?
I was told to use as much as Non Legendary items, bc those mobs will eat those legendaries in 1 run?
pls let me know what kind of template u running and type of suit? crafted? or straight no name legendary.
I seen so many videos on youtube of people solo doing bosses, so quickly.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Legendary artifacts are fine, I would avoid antiques.

I also recommend all the swing speed increase and stamina increase you need for your chosen weapon to swing at max speed to be on your suit (no SSI on your weapon). If possible I also recommend the enchantress cameo set so you don’t need a slayer on your weapons. This allows both hit area or spell effect and hit lower defense on your weapons.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A sampire suit can be made through reforging. It wouldn't be as good as a legendary suit, but it works. Go for studded or bone armor for the LMC bonus. Use legendaries as you can and fill in slots with random artifacts or crafted when needed.

Go with 100 necro, not 99. Depending on what you're fighting you'll need chiv, anatomy, or resist. The only must have 120 is swords, bushido and tactics imo. I have more than that, but that's a starting point.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A sampire suit can be made through reforging. It wouldn't be as good as a legendary suit, but it works. Go for studded or bone armor for the LMC bonus. Use legendaries as you can and fill in slots with random artifacts or crafted when needed.

Go with 100 necro, not 99. Depending on what you're fighting you'll need chiv, anatomy, or resist. The only must have 120 is swords, bushido and tactics imo. I have more than that, but that's a starting point.
I'd actually go metal instead of studded, you still get 1 extra LMC per piece but you get a lot more stamina loss reduction. And you really want to keep your stamina up otherwise you're dead.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd actually go metal instead of studded, you still get 1 extra LMC per piece but you get a lot more stamina loss reduction. And you really want to keep your stamina up otherwise you're dead.
I'm in the same school of thought here. There are times I forgo stamina leech on my weapon and use DF when necessary. Which isn't often.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Drop tactics to 60, with a good slayer weapon, you wont miss the few extra damage from max tactics.

2 schools of thought, max parry, or lower parry. It depends on how well you can keep counter up.

Chiv about 80. Your using it for EoO, Cw, and Df.

So
120 sword
120 bush
80 chiv
100 necro
60 tactics
480 points

That is your basic samp template.
120 parry
120 resist
Or, some people are lowering parry, and you can increase tactics.

Anatomy does not give a big enough jumo in damage that I think its worth it.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drop tactics to 60, with a good slayer weapon, you wont miss the few extra damage from max tactics.
I prefer 120 tactics for onslaught: based on the swordsman’s swordsmanship and tactics skill and the damage type of the weapon used for a duration based on mastery level. Source
Also, as a sampire you survive through damage output. You want to do the most damage possible so you heal as much as possible.

@Johnny Black there's obviously a few schools of thought. I say try out a cheapish suit and setup and see if you like it. If not, make alterations. I use my setup for Doom and champ spawns. Depending on what you want to kill, requirements are different.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I run with this setup:

120 swords
120 bushido
120 tactics
120 parry
100 Necro
100 anatomy or resisting spells
70 Chiv

150/140 Str/HP
150/195 Dex/Stam
60+ Mana

I can solo quite a bit with this template. As others have mentioned there are a lot of different builds. Also keep in mind if you have 300 skill points or more between bushido, tactics, and weapon skill you get the mana reduction bonus for specials (mana required is reduced by 50%).

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I prefer 120 tactics for onslaught: based on the swordsman’s swordsmanship and tactics skill and the damage type of the weapon used for a duration based on mastery level. Source
Also, as a sampire you survive through damage output. You want to do the most damage possible so you heal as much as possible.

@Johnny Black there's obviously a few schools of thought. I say try out a cheapish suit and setup and see if you like it. If not, make alterations. I use my setup for Doom and champ spawns. Depending on what you want to kill, requirements are different.
I am with Max on the 120 tactics.

My template runs:
120 Swords
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
120 Resist (or 120 Anatomy for a few encounters)
99 Necro
80 Chiv
61 Parry

I have a set of elemental double axes and a set of enchantress cameos. Suited, with no weapon, my stats are:

Taira.png

Johnny Black

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
seems like everyone goes for the 120 parry

as far as suit, @Naxatilor Feluka I noticed you are using regular jewels (antique) and not the pvm Lune Rouge and Soleil Rouge Set??
also noticed you are using the 30 DI gloves? or the full suit is dragon armor?
Noticed you have 25 SSI Without weapon, assuming you running 20 on jewels and town buff? and Primer lvl 3 on Sword or Bushido?

I went full metal with also the tinker leg and 30 HPI Orc chief, but looking into everyone setup, i may go full Plate and refine all to 75?

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My template runs:
120 Swords
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
99 Necro
80 Chiv
61 Parry
This is my template as well. I've not changed it for years. I've often thought about adding 120 parry but never know what to adjust to fit it on. Maybe dropping the chiv as with slayer weapon, 100DI etc. that is probably enough.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only have 60. But again, personal preference.

This is my template as well. I've not changed it for years. I've often thought about adding 120 parry but never know what to adjust to fit it on. Maybe dropping the chiv as with slayer weapon, 100DI etc. that is probably enough.
I don't use chiv at all for doom or champs. The only template I'd use it on, personally, is for single bosses that don't have a slayer (Paroxysmus, Shadowguard, etc).

Cork

Sage
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am with Max on the 120 tactics.

My template runs:
120 Swords
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
99 Necro
80 Chiv
61 Parry
I pretty much run the same build except 100 necro and 60 parry. 1 point won't make a difference in parry and it makes my OCD freak out lol. If I can find jewelry with +parry or chiv it's nice but I don't rely on +skill on gear for my Sampire. As some others have mentioned here there is a camp that likes to run 120 parry. I find it's not needed but it all boils down to personal preference. I also prefer using plate armor for the stam loss protection. Especially because I often tank Rikktor and he hits like a freight train.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I pretty much run the same build except 100 necro and 60 parry. 1 point won't make a difference in parry and it makes my OCD freak out lol. If I can find jewelry with +parry or chiv it's nice but I don't rely on +skill on gear for my Sampire. As some others have mentioned here there is a camp that likes to run 120 parry. I find it's not needed but it all boils down to personal preference. I also prefer using plate armor for the stam loss protection. Especially because I often tank Rikktor and he hits like a freight train.
I tried the 120 parry and, in my experience, the difference in survival was very marginal.

Naxatilor Feluka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

as far as suit, @Naxatilor Feluka I noticed you are using regular jewels (antique) and not the pvm Lune Rouge and Soleil Rouge Set??
also noticed you are using the 30 DI gloves? or the full suit is dragon armor?
Noticed you have 25 SSI Without weapon, assuming you running 20 on jewels and town buff? and Primer lvl 3 on Sword or Bushido?
20% on jewels, 5%cameo, 5% town buff [which was not on at the time]

Jewels are not antique, just standard imbued ones

120 parry is ideal for content that hits extremely hard as well as for counter attack and evasion. Most champ spawns are fine to run 60.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Johnny Black I hate to be a bearer of bad news... and I hope I'm wrong but those resists are while you are in Vamp form yes? If not you will have to accommodate for a loss of 25 points in fire. I STRONGLY suggest visiting the warriors forum. A ton of resources can be found there.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do you need so much Stamina and SSI? 20 SSI with the stamina gives max speed.

Johnny Black

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
yes, I decided to take the Tinker leg out and went straight legendary, final result on Vamp!

100% DI on Suit and 15% SSI, I did the SSI calculator and you only need 25 to swing at max with the D axe.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, I decided to take the Tinker leg out and went straight legendary, final result on Vamp!

100% DI on Suit and 15% SSI, I did the SSI calculator and you only need 25 to swing at max with the D axe.

Strength bonus 1 yet you have 150 shown and dex bonus 20 but 150 dex shown. Is your stat bar shown after drinking pots?

Johnny Black

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I didnt fix stats yet, as my jewels are the regular PVM jewels with no EP, the stats without Pots are already good , I will take to a test drive!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didnt fix stats yet, as my jewels are the regular PVM jewels with no EP, the stats without Pots are already good , I will take to a test drive!

Post a video of you dying a lot , since you think you can simply copy someones template and be just as good as the guys in the videos.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This has been my End All Template for quite a long time on Atlantic:
Sir Charles.jpg

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I plan on reworking this at some point in time with a full set of cameos and this beauty shown below..... with an equally impressive arms that my archer is using currently. The helmet I am using is a Mace and Shield plate helmet from Blackthorn's Dungeon. The suit has 18% Damage Eater. Eat orange petals for the immunity, strength petals if you want... and have your healer bless you if available. Bushido mastery for evasion and +20 mana. Skara Brae town bonus for the +1 faster casting which is not shown. His suit regen is: HPR 4, MR 12, SR 7. His fire resist is 10 over cap (so 77.)
Future Armor.jpg

For now I use 50% hit lower defense on my main weapon, which combines with the helmet to give 65% HLD. I have one for each damage type, but I also use Consecrate Weapon every 30 seconds or so. I could technically use 70% HLD weapons I think, but I have yet to make the weapons due to lack of time. For Slayer weapons, I forgo the extra hit lower defense most of the time. This is my slayer weapon for the big guy at Shadowguard. This last one is my favorite weapon, and the one I use when I feel ballsy enough to try to take on Exodus... for which this template was made to attempt (I have yet to be able to tank it.) Life leech does not work against certain bosses such as Exodus, that is why I chose healing.
Weapon Type 3.jpg Weapon Type 2.jpg Weapon Type 1.jpg

These are his base stats above... he has an antique ring/bracelet that gives upgrades over this same template. He has this luck suit below to switch to before kills, use a friend to WoD the boss. Add your luck statue bonus and the +1000 luck from honor into the luck suit, when applicable.
Sir Charles Luck Suit.jpg

Last edited:

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Post a video of you dying a lot , since you think you can simply copy someones template and be just as good as the guys in the videos.
I still die alot. : D : D Although it is usually due to user error. I use my Sampire at Shadowguard 100% of the time though.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
180 with 20ssi is all you need for any weapon to swing at max. Bring stam up to 211 and u dont need ssi at all

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I plan on reworking this at some point in time with a full set of cameos and this beauty shown below..... with an equally impressive arms that my archer is using currently.
You want to see a REAL crazy Legendary? Hehe.
Leg Raven Helm.PNG

For now I use 50% hit lower defense on my main weapon, which combines with the helmet to give 65% HLD. I have one for each damage type, but I also use Consecrate Weapon every 30 seconds or so. I could technically use 70% HLD weapons I think, but I have yet to make the weapons due to lack of time. For Slayer weapons, I forgo the extra hit lower defense most of the time.
There's really no point in putting HLD on your wep if you're also using a Helmet that gives 30% HLD. In PvM, HLD grants a -25% DCI debuff, and lasts for 8 seconds. With 30% HLD on your helm, and you swinging every 1.25 secs, HLD virtually never falls off the target, it just keeps getting refreshed (especially if you're using Double Strike). Higher HLD on the Wep does not increase the magnitude nor duration of the debuff.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't forget though, when it becomes important.... (when you're taking tons of damage or big hits), your stamina is going to be dropping until it gets leached back. Best to overdo stamina if possible, although not always easy to do. Bladed staves with 180 stamina and 20% ssi work nicely though. Double axes just a tad bit slower (3.25 seconds vs 3.0 for the bladed staff.)

You want to see a REAL crazy Legendary? Hehe.

There's really no point in putting HLD on your wep if you're also using a Helmet that gives 30% HLD. In PvM, HLD grants a -25% DCI debuff, and lasts for 8 seconds. With 30% HLD on your helm, and you swinging every 1.25 secs, HLD virtually never falls off the target, it just keeps getting refreshed (especially if you're using Double Strike). Higher HLD on the Wep does not increase the magnitude nor duration of the debuff.
Tell me that when you're soloing Ossy. ;D I prefer the highest HLD in such instances, he is simply too hard to hit, getting that first hit off is a doosy and you still miss afterwards. At an event or something, you would never need it certainly because everyone's HLD works for you also. For something like a champion spawn, you don't need anything...... that is true. Literally all you need at things like Dread Horn, or a champion spawn.... would be 30% hit mana leech. If I had a weapon with 30% hit lower mana leech (no DI or nothing).... I could solo dread horn or any champ except Semidar. That's not the point though..... There are some places where I would use 50% hit lower attack on my weapon rather than hit lower defense, as you say. Every weapon is different and boss specific. For Juo'nar for example.... I take off my slither, wear a conjurer's trinket (undead slayer).... and use a 100% energy dragon slayer bladed staff with hit energy area, mana leech, and life leech. That's for the skeletal dragons he spawns. Just have to be prepared to run / disarm / use invisible potions or whatever you need to when he casts blood oath, and you are killing Juonar in about 2 minutes flat. That's just to cast remove curse and jump back to him.

The raven helmet is super nice, but it doesn't give any sort of stamina reduction or lower mana cost in addition to the 8% on it, as far as I know. Super great for archers, would be terrible for a sampire and would drop me to 54% lower mana cost. My armor ignore's mana cost would go way up, it jumps by 1 from 54% to 55% LMC, which is huge. OP for an archer, that's true. : ) : ) It's incredibly nice, don't get me wrong. But even then, I use a bone helmet on my archer for 55% lower mana cost (he uses gloves of feudal grip.) That is one of the reasons I can't wait to upgrade my sampire's suit honestly though, I really do not need the blackthorn helmet. It's a wasted item this late in the game. I will upgrade to the cameo set so that I do not need slayer weapons at all. The I will wear a crazy bone helmet or something with 8 stamina and such as well, for the 3% lower mana cost extra. My one plate/chain item will be that tunic. My sleeves I have to match is also have 5% DCI, 5% HCI, 8 stamina, and are 9 modded. They are studded sleeves. With 1 plate/chain item (for stamina reduction) you have to have everything else studded/bone to achieve 55% lmc. It's nice for chaining armor ignore, especially on archers. But helps with sampires as well. I may re look at that later though, I haven't touched his suit in about 2 years. It may be better to go 1 step down on lmc and go with whatever the next cut off limit is for armor ignore's mana cost. That would let you add in 2-3 more pieces of chain/plate possibly, raising your stamina reduction (since I am not a vampire anyway.) I'll see about that when I have 1p for a cameo set (which will be never.) :p :p

Last edited:

jcarter

Visitor
I run these skills usually and have 100 Resist on a soulstone. I use mace and shield for 30 HLD on helm. I have a set of 100% elemental super slayer weapons with a few others built for specific encounters (e.g. 100 fire/50 hld/50 hla/max leeches for paroxymous).

Stamina keeps me max swing speed even after debuffs.

1586376905753.png

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why do you need so much Stamina and SSI? 20 SSI with the stamina gives max speed.
Could be in case there is stam loss. I know some people (including myself) like a bit of a buffer so if you are hit with a big blow your swing speed remains max while you recoup the stam. Just a guess though