• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS UO Newsletter #47

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Every shard should have had one to make things fair, the last time people were asked to hand them in it didn't go so well.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha, Mesanna asked the owner of the Navrey Hole to be donated? Who will donate a 10p item?
10p was a bit low..but it may be a bit high now. Mine has been in the Abyss plot since I won it nearly 10 years ago. The abyss plot is linked to my luna house one screen away from the gate. All public access. Sad day for me and everyone on Cats who enjoyed it.

1585162487410.png

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Fridgster I totally agree with you! I used the one on Europa a lot, it would be very much missed if it was gone. I just think all shards that didn't have a public one should get one, it's nicer to give things than just take them all away.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why cant they just put a Navrey hole on all shards and let the players keep theirs? Since they can not fix them.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Each time I read a publish or a newsletter I feel I can no longer be shocked at how useless or out of touch the "team" are.
This is a real shocker.

Donate a shard unique item like its a pair of fished up sandles? Instead of fixing it you want the owner to give away a game changing item?

Imagine owning such an amazing item, and to open it up so all can use. How player focused and generous these owners are. Then along come an incompetant dev team ,that break more than the fix, with a solution to take away such a precious in game item.

Just fix them, DO YOUR JOB, you are embarrassing yourself once again.

if I wasn't such a hot head I think this would actually make me lost for words.

Just unbelievable

"Producer" You have NO idea and you should be ashamed to even say such a thing to the paying players. this game is doomed with you at the helm, it really is. PLEASE somebody oust her and get stuck into fixing this historic great game. You just bully and bulldoze you inept ideas without any care for the paying customers. Surely your time is up

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why did the vvv revamp proposed for several publishes ago just fall off the radar

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We fail to see the fuzz.... Sure they messed up, but they also come with a satisfying solution? Would donate it without a second thought, instead of being in a home where only those in the know get to use it, it is placed in a spot where it'll be more in sight? We didn't know about it's existence (on Europa) for years, always taking the long route, until we ran into it by accident due to taking a wrong portal. Who knows the donaters might even get a mention for eternity? :) :)

Johnny Black

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Last one sold for 10P about 7 Month ago.

The one before KojaK may have sold for the same amount and now bc the Devs screw up once again, She want the player to donate??. She have the tool to make a lot of them, so why not make them and go to each shard and lock them at EM House? :facepalm:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
... <snip> ...
The one before KojaK may have sold for the same amount and now bc the Devs screw up once again, She want the player to donate??. She have the tool to make a lot of them, so why not make them and go to each shard and lock them at EM House? :facepalm:
Easy. As noted, she has no flippin' clue about stuff. Second, it makes too much sense and THAT has never been in use.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We fail to see the fuzz.... Sure they messed up, but they also come with a satisfying solution? Would donate it without a second thought, instead of being in a home where only those in the know get to use it, it is placed in a spot where it'll be more in sight? We didn't know about it's existence (on Europa) for years, always taking the long route, until we ran into it by accident due to taking a wrong portal. Who knows the donaters might even get a mention for eternity? :) :)
What if the owner does not play often or just has their account on a CC and never plays? Why not just put public ones on all shards and let the owners keep their deco? A much easier solution.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and instead of fixing stuff that's been broken for a long time now, like VS not working and pet health bars not updating, they just continue to break more stuff and try to fix stuff that didn't need fixing in the first place, you know what this sounds like the place a work at.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't think it's about the plat value, it's more about the fact that these items were placed for the use of all and not just kept for friends. Back when they were first asked to turn them in these players made a choice to keep and use them for the benefit of everyone on their shard. If they want to make it fair then by all means add more of them to the EM buildings, but why should players who offered a service to others for years lose their own ones? Also as @Pawain said some of them are likely in buildings that are paid, but the owner might not play much, they are part of the deco of that building though, I know the one on Europa is, it's part of a huge rare collection and the owner should be allowed to keep it.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and instead of fixing stuff that's been broken for a long time now, like VS not working and pet health bars not updating, they just continue to break more stuff and try to fix stuff that didn't need fixing in the first place, you know what this sounds like the place a work at.
20 people can complain about VS and they will not even reply. But sure that Navrey Hole is a more pressing issue. And then the pom pom wavers call you names for just pointing it out their skewed priorities.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think it's about the plat value, it's more about the fact that these items were placed for the use of all and not just kept for friends. Back when they were first asked to turn them in these players made a choice to keep and use them for the benefit of everyone on their shard. If they want to make it fair then by all means add more of them to the EM buildings, but why should players who offered a service to others for years lose their own ones? Also as @Pawain said some of them are likely in buildings that are paid, but the owner might not play much, they are part of the deco of that building though, I know the one on Europa is, it's part of a huge rare collection and the owner should be allowed to keep it.
In most cases I agree with you. Ten plat however... that's a lot of gold. I know we shouldn't look at in real money wise but that is in reality worth ~$1000. Just seems a lot to ask of someone.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmm yeah I see what you mean, they would be worthless now anyway, I do think turning them back to what they were is best but they seem to be saying it's not an option. Maybe that spiral stairs was a bad idea...

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You have to know that UO endtimes are getting closer, when Mesanna is not afraid to"turn" on her gold selling/scripting/rares collectors pals!!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I complained for years about the broken looting in the EC and that stupid list view looting that you can't even loot a public corpse in the EC but that falls on deaf ears and nothing ever gets done about it but someone with a rare item complains it doesn't work and that's a big deal?

Looting IMO is a massive part of the game... and not being able to loot a public corpse IMO is a massively broken game mechanic... game breaking IMO but a navrey hole not working takes priority? And people wonder why I get bitter?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am still waiting for the awesome possum great new news... when? I will say this, I really like the new vet rewards menu. So yay!
I hope all of you, not most, are well and ok irl .

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And instead of just placing a Navrey gate and putting this reoccuring issue to rest for the majority of players, it's more important to preserve rare $$$ value for very little collectors. Just to be clear, she can place Navrey portals at every town, the holes would still be rare, just less worth. But that seems inacceptable even if it means shards without a Navrey hole or those with it behind a private house will suffer. I really like the quick walk down the underworld past the goblins and all, but that's not the point.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't even understand why she tried to take them away after they first spawned and people placed them for public use, what was the problem with people providing a service to their fellow players?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Must say... I am severely disappointed that it looks like we will be going into September without any NEW content (turning on ToT is recycling content).

:facepalm:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't even understand why she tried to take them away after they first spawned and people placed them for public use, what was the problem with people providing a service to their fellow players?
They should´ve deleted them right away. If an easy button to Navrey was intended, there would´ve been a portal somewhere.
Players get to comfortable and lazy with stuff like this.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would nice if they made replicas of those tiles

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should´ve deleted them right away. If an easy button to Navrey was intended, there would´ve been a portal somewhere.
Players get to comfortable and lazy with stuff like this.
Eh. I don't really see it as an easy button. It saves one what 3 minutes of travel to get there? More of a unique thing than it is anything else.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kindy silly since the one on LS had the players donate them. Maybe they need the land.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Soul stones being made worth turn-in points was bad enough, in fact it seemed like a horrible thing to do I can't see any good reason for doing that, but now making them go *poof* is even worse, they are the one thing that should be saved especially as many people bought them with sovereigns. If you go to the IDOC of a friend's home and get their soul stones you really feel you saved them something they might need if they ever come back.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's a big screw you to former players who may have had a chance of redeeming their soulstones.

Then again, this Dev team is incompetent, so I really shouldn't expect less. We all know their justification will be something along the lines of how few players reclaimed them.
The fact that they had Sonoma turn theirs over to the EM rather than leave it on player run hands is even worse.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We don't need no stinkin soulstones nor returning players. Didn't yall read the earlier newsletter? We are fixin' to have the biggest audience evah!!!!

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder if there's ever been a concerted effort to complain to EA about Mesanna? I guess it would fall on deaf ears though, UO is a small market game that probably provides a steady flow of income to EA, they're probably content with the money that is generated from it. I don't even care about this specific issue (Navrey Holes), but everyday there are several complaints and examples of her running the game into the ground, hopefully at some point she's ousted.

Last edited:

Toshi

Visitor
UNLEASHED
Where are the new UO store items? Been waiting since Tuesday for a spiral staircase.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Since the spiral staircase has broken the Navrey Holes it might be best if they didn't mention it again! :p

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@JohnnyO I do agree with all you said but there is a bit of a worry that EA have almost forgot about UO and a petition might lead to a worse situation, not that I disagree in principle, I'm just saying that if they think things have gone severely downhill then they might just close it to avoid any major scandal.
A lot of people would rather things limped along in a bad state than rock the boat and lose it completely.
Messana's refusal at the M&G to give out any info for a contact at EA shows that she wouldn't want to rock that boat either...

Last edited:

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soul stones being made worth turn-in points was bad enough, in fact it seemed like a horrible thing to do I can't see any good reason for doing that, but now making them go *poof* is even worse, they are the one thing that should be saved especially as many people bought them with sovereigns. If you go to the IDOC of a friend's home and get their soul stones you really feel you saved them something they might need if they ever come back.
It became obvious to me that they don't care about soul stones when they made them worth 15,000 turn in points. That was mostly the end for anyone who was collecting and saving them for people. Very few people turned them in after that (at least that was my experience). So it comes as no surprize to me that they are just out right deleting them *shakes her head*. Now they are deleting the graveyards? I regret turning them over now! Oh well...that's UO life I suppose *frowns*.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's obvious they don't care about a lot of things and are IMO giving all old returning vets and such the middle finger... So yeah... sure endears people to the game. Just gonna have a massive eyeroll.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Mr. Mayhem To be honest I hadn't really thought about it that way, but you are right, if they delete them then they are certain to get future sales from returners who let their houses fall.

Mr. Mayhem

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yup. In fairness, any game now is also about monetization. UO was late to curb, but like many others out there, introducing micro transactions to inject more revenue beyond subscriptions.

I’m not saying I agree with this. Just my observations as being a long time vet and seeing the game evolve as anything will over 20+ years...

Soulstomp

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
On Europa , Julies house with teleporters to abys and to Thors keep with the Navrey hole are common good for all players ,known for years and well used , so now even tho as it was a bug when they appeared they get deleted after so many years , am not even talking about Value of this, I think its destroying the last straws of people making a community here keeping those houses up for years to all the players to be used, you are not only deleting a teleporter to Navrey , but also deleting community based item , I do surely hope you can fix that on the next patch , cannot be to hard to attach making it public , hence it can in reward hall so why not let them stay