• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Jacob's Pickaxe not recharging?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just used my Jacob's pickaxe for 20 swings on a niter deposit while out mining - normally, I only carry garg picks to dig up ore elementals and wanted to reduce wasted GPA uses.

I've now been sitting nearly a half-hour with the Jacob's Pickaxe equipped, and it's not recovered a single charge, when it normally recovers one every 5 minutes.

Anyone else have this happen? Could being mounted be preventing the recharging?

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I came across an old one of these I had, and used it a few times thinking it would recharge. But it didn't! Haven't been able to get it to start recharging again. Newly-acquired ones are working as expected.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They appear to be character bound, but don't have the character they are linked to named on it.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ah I was wondering why mine wasnt recharging. What a pain :-(

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
According to UOGuide, the pickaxe is blessed from new player quest. Does not state bound to character.

It also states charges should regen every 5 minutes. Wanna bet this got borked in an update and no one noticed until now?

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wanna bet this got borked in an update and no one noticed until now?
I've gotten about 8 of these in the past month and they all recharge no matter which character is using them. I do seem to vaguely recall this being discussed on the original Stratics (before the forum crashed and wasn't being properly backed up by the host, so much was lost), but don't remember if an explanation or fix were provided. So now we have rare pre-patch Pickaxes!