• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it still possible to get a first aid belt?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it still possible to get a first aid belt, in-game, without having to pay another player for one?
Or were those a "limited time only, you had to be there and you weren't, too bad for you" item?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As of right now, there is no content which will provide them.

Hopefully, we'll see them again in next Halloween's Treasures of... event. Harass Kyronix about it at the Meet and Greets until then. :devil:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
no, no and yes.

Is it still possible to get a first aid belt, No
in-game, without having to pay another player for one? No
Or were those a "limited time only, you had to be there and you weren't, too bad for you" item? Yes

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I brought up the First Aid Belt 'cause last night I saw someone saying "those ****ers stole my bandies."

I don't think anyone's been quite so vehement about the fifth anniversary cake or the birthday bells or "a statue of Julia," but you're right, it would be nice if those were available as, say, turn-in reward items or loot for the lower level of Wrong or Huntsman rewards or something like those

Feel free to add your wish to the wish list.

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the whip recipe's and band aid belts are items that make me curious as to why they dont have a way to get them all the time and or can only be gotten though events.

hell, put a 3 pack of belts on the store, id spend $3 per 3 pack.
hell, id buy 10.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Event exclusive stuff rewards those that put the work in during "events". Same way higher level power scrolls reward those who do them in "fel".

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the whip recipe's and band aid belts are items that make me curious as to why they dont have a way to get them all the time and or can only be gotten though events.
I might be wrong but I think the whip recipes that were available on Krampus are also available from doing the High Seas bosses.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Event exclusive stuff rewards those that put the work in during "events". Same way higher level power scrolls reward those who do them in "fel".
And that's fine, if it's just decoration. Unique functionality should never be limited timed availability.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Unique functionality should never be limited timed availability.
Right, wrong, or indifferent I think this limited time availability stuff is how UO "guides" us into doing newer content. I get what you are saying but I think chester has a point that the Devs want to reward people who are playing the game and putting the effort into whatever the event of that time is. If they didn't then hypothetically I could quit for a year (not pay), come back and just obtain anything I missed over the past year by doing some runs at whatever drops that item.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And that's fine, if it's just decoration. Unique functionality should never be limited timed availability.
So you are an "everyone gets a trophy" kind of person?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I might be wrong but I think the whip recipes that were available on Krampus are also available from doing the High Seas bosses.
  • Scalis
    • Recipe for the generic version of the Mace Belt
    • Recipe for the generic version of the Assassin’s Cowl
    [*]Corgul
    • Recipe for the generic version of the Sword Belt
    • Recipe for the generic version of the Mage’s Hood
    [*]Charybdis
    • Recipe for the generic version of the Dagger Belt
    • Recipe for the generic version of the Elegant Collar
those are the high sea bosses, no band-aid belts or whips there.

for Krampus in 2018 he dropped whips and in 2019 he dropped recipes for making whips.
again, if you didn't do the event and get the recipe then you are SOL.

which is what i said, it sucks that if you miss the event you dont get a chance at getting them.
something like a those should be added to a ongoing thing in game like the clean up brit or some quest or such.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Poo - Thanks for verifying. I knew they dropped recipes but wasn't sure if the whip was included.

something like a those should be added to a ongoing thing in game
I understand what you are saying but where do you draw the line of what's available?

First aid belts and whip recipes seem obvious but what about the Cloaks of Aug? What about Dreadmares & Bane Dragons? What about prepatch mares or wyrms? What about 50 SDI spellbooks? What about phoenix ringmail armor? What about EM drops (just because I can't play Thursday prime time I'm excluded from the drops unless I pay)?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Poo - Thanks for verifying. I knew they dropped recipes but wasn't sure if the whip was included.

I understand what you are saying but where do you draw the line of what's available?

First aid belts and whip recipes seem obvious but what about the Cloaks of Aug? What about Dreadmares & Bane Dragons? What about prepatch mares or wyrms? What about 50 SDI spellbooks? What about phoenix ringmail armor? What about EM drops (just because I can't play Thursday prime time I'm excluded from the drops unless I pay)?
continue to do what they have been doing, add them in as (Replica) items and change them slightly.
either a different art work or different attributes.
there is nothing saying a new Band Aid belt has to be blessed.
add a new one that is a First Aid belt and make it non blessed but insurable.
add it under the Vet at the stable as a chain quest.
problem solved.

Or..... add it to the in game store so we can spend some money on stuff.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Yes, almost all of those should be available, except the Phoenix armor and EM event items. Why the hell shouldn't they be?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

It’s pretty easy to draw the line between deco/collectibles and items that have functional properties. Functionality should be made available through ongoing content even if it comes with a replica tag or a different graphic. This maintains the unique reward for event participation without limiting new or returning players. The exodus replica commendation scroll is a perfect example of doing it right.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Event Arcs with items that only can be received during that event keep the game interesting year round and keep us wanting to play. If you want the items you need to participate.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Event Arcs with items that only can be received during that event keep the game interesting year round and keep us wanting to play. If you want the items you need to participate.
Right, because no one did Exodus after the event arc was over...

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Which is fine, if it's just cosmetic.

Stuff like the ranger cloak, the only back slot item in the game that has SSI, should ****ing not be a temporary item.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Which is fine, if it's just cosmetic.

Stuff like the ranger cloak, the only back slot item in the game that has SSI, should ****ing not be a temporary item.
I think the point @Pawain is trying to make is that you need to play during the event to get those items which is how it is and how it should be. Just because they were nice enough to give us some replicas doesn't mean they are going to give us every replica. This is how they encourage you to keep playing the game. Again just because someone didn't want to pay to play during an event (for whatever reason), should all the time and effort those that did play during that time to get X item be a waste (if you could get that item at any point in time in the game)?

I didn't play during Dreadmares or Bane Dragons and thus I don't have them but I'm still fine with how it is.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe those people at the EM events that don't get drops should be able to go get the drop someplace else....like on a ratman in a low-level dungeon. *eye roll*

Whether it's decoration or functional, it doesn't matter. Play the game during the event cycles and attend events.........or buy it from someone that did.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
should all the time and effort those that did play during that time to get X item be a waste (if you could get that item at any point in time in the game)
Why would others also being able to get the item be a waste to your efforts? You have the item yourself, so can't be a waste?
While it does somewhat diminish that feeling of "wow, we did great this event!!", that does not weigh up to the fact that everyone should be able to acquire such special items for their suits. Such items enhance the joy of playing. In our opinion at least. We ourselves have Dreads, but no Banes, and don't care for Banes (and don't use Dreads heh). We have been lucky with friendly guildies for the Leurocian's Mempo and the Cloaks, as we couldn't play ourselves during those events. So for ourselves we don't need that but we see no need for the monopolies and crazy prices.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the point @Pawain is trying to make is that you need to play during the event to get those items which is how it is and how it should be. Just because they were nice enough to give us some replicas doesn't mean they are going to give us every replica. This is how they encourage you to keep playing the game. Again just because someone didn't want to pay to play during an event (for whatever reason), should all the time and effort those that did play during that time to get X item be a waste (if you could get that item at any point in time in the game)?

I didn't play during Dreadmares or Bane Dragons and thus I don't have them but I'm still fine with how it is.
If it is done right then nothing is wasted.

Like I said, the Exodus event and scrolls are a perfect example of how it was done well. Everyone who played during the Exodus event are got a great event and a functional scroll that could be kept and even customized with the players name. Ongoing content was added to the game that had a drop that offered similar functionality but was slightly different from the original from the event. That ongoing content has become a regular part of the game that still gets done on a fairly consistent basis which means players are still "playing the game". It was a win win for everyone.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why would others also being able to get the item be a waste to your efforts?
If I know I can get any item at any point in time, especially by possibly doing an easier task later on, then I feel like I wasted my efforts early on. Why focus on doing something when I can go back and do it whenever I want years and years later?

@Merus - Exodus is a fine example of still being able to get previous drops from that event but people are suggesting every previous drop be added to long term play and I disagree with that. I think there should be limited time offerings because at the end of these day limited time offerings give people more incentive to pay and play UO at a certain time period. These things are like a badge of honor for those that earned the items in that time period of play (or bought them).

At the end of the day I don't feel the need to give to give everyone a trophy *shrug*

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I know I can get any item at any point in time, especially by possibly doing an easier task later on, then I feel like I wasted my efforts early on. Why focus on doing something when I can go back and do it whenever I want years and years later?

@Merus - Exodus is a fine example of still being able to get previous drops from that event but people are suggesting every previous drop be added to long term play and I disagree with that. I think there should be limited time offerings because at the end of these day limited time offerings give people more incentive to pay and play UO at a certain time period. These things are like a badge of honor for those that earned the items in that time period of play (or bought them).

At the end of the day I don't feel the need to give to give everyone a trophy *shrug*
I would say there is a difference between a "trophy" and items that provide functionality in game play. Let's face it... we have been living in the Age of Items for a long time now. IMO, items like EM event items are "trophies". They use existing graphics with a special name and/or hue and provide them for participation in a specific event. I would agree with you that those trophies should be a one time deal. But there is a reason they stopped providing EM event drops with properties. Even at that, I really am ok with event content that is unique to the event... but I think a similar item with the same functionality should be made available to players.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
How are you to know if, when and how the items will be available? Who says it'll be easier? For all we care they give some as a 1000000 point reward in the Zoo! Surely enough it was easier to get items during an event then eh?

at the end of these day limited time offerings give people more incentive to pay and play UO at a certain time period
And re-adding items with similar fuctionality will add incentive to play as well then? We actually keep feeling baffled at this "need" for incentives, we have had accounts active ever since opening them, first in September 2001, and we NEVER lacked incentives to play, only time!
If anything these 1 month events make what could and should be fun play time almost like work, when one HAS to maximise time in game and bulldozer everything else onwards till after the event in the hope of scoring those limited time drops. Would be more fun if you could pick a random time and focus on achieving this or that.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would be more fun if you could pick a random time and focus on achieving this or that.
Thats what the solo part of the game is for. Decorating, T Hunting, Fishing, Pirate Hunting, etc.
They tried to make those things better. Rewards at group content brings all the players together for an event arch. A Melee toon fighting the low level up spawn could get the turn in armor very fast. A few hours would have got you the Belt. The three Titan Sculpturs from the chests there were very rare.

Many casual gamers on LS have received all the content and rewards from Rising Tide until now.
There are special rewards in many parts of UO.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thing in life happen to people such as
Natural disasters
Medical issues
War being sent for a tour or two for months to years
Family issues
Work
Etc

I don’t feel if someone is paying the hole time that they are SOL on new items put in the game
There should always be a way of obtaining items that are character items (just change the color or look) and rename deco items replicas and put them in the turn-in rewards

I haven’t played for years at a time do to almost all the reasons above but I still paid on all 8 Never doing the 90 day BS accounts come back a month ago and I’m seeing all the new recipes I can’t get yet I pay like everyone else

Either way I’m with many others here it’s just bad management on the devs part to add items that can only be gotten for a limited time

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or keeping groups of players playing year round because there is new exclusive content is why there is a UO to return to after a LOA.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Or keeping groups of players playing year round because there is new exclusive content is why there is a UO to return to after a LOA.
This.

At the end of the day it comes down to the business and it's more profitable for them to make things limited time offerings. They MIGHT add the first aid belt back into the next halloween event like they did for previous rewards but they aren't going to make every new item something you could get whenever you want; it's simply not in their best interest.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This.

At the end of the day it comes down to the business and it's more profitable for them to make things limited time offerings. They MIGHT add the first aid belt back into the next halloween event like they did for previous rewards but they aren't going to make every new item something you could get whenever you want; it's simply not in their best interest.
Not try to argue here but I do not understand your point on “ more profitable “
I pay monthly for 8 accounts (currently 10 because I’m moving) so rather I’m can log in when I’m out of the hospital or back in country how are they making more money if I was able to play or not I’m still paying

By the way I have the belt and never use it I don’t like how it functions

I would like some of the recipes thought so I can use my crafters again

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not try to argue here but I do not understand your point on “ more profitable “
I pay monthly for 8 accounts (currently 10 because I’m moving) so rather I’m can log in when I’m out of the hospital or back in country how are they making more money if I was able to play or not I’m still paying

By the way I have the belt and never use it I don’t like how it functions

I would like some of the recipes thought so I can use my crafters again
The average person doesn't have 8 paid accounts and a good amount of people only pay in spurts. One of my knocks on the game at this point is that there is limited amount of content released (last year was really only 3 big updates) so things become stale. With the same content ongoing (ie you can get every drop at any time) what's the rush to play UO? For example, if the Halloween dungeon was around all year (which the belt was from that) and people could wait until March to try to get one, do you think subscriptions would be as high in Oct/Nov as they would be if you can only get for a limited time?

I know everyone has things outside UO going on (which is a reason people say it's not fair to limit content timelines) and this is true but another true thing is that those same people still have time available to do mindless things. It's just that they choose to fill that time with something else besides UO, even possibly another game. One of the best ways to draw customers to your product is to offer limited time things and this influx in people / subscriptions makes it more profitable versus having it year round.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
never use it I don’t like how it functions
One of its functions is that it keeps bandages with you when you die. This makes it useful for a fighter or a tamer. Got killed and resurrected? You may want to have some bandages before you can get back to your body.

(Someone's going to bring up an insured "A totem of bandage summoning." Hey. Also good, but the First Aid Belt can hold hundreds of bandages, while the totem gives you a few.)

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was looking forward to it but it’s trouble than it’s worth and I don’t like the mods on it
It’s way to small in my backpack

I don’t like that every time I hit my macro “bandage self” it says please choose from a stack of bandages and it has to be open at least on my character

It could be a great item just needs fixed and should be craft able

Also I just insure a pair scissors cut up death robe lol

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Open the backpack and drag it off to the corner of the screen. I've never seen the choose a stack of bandages message.