• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Voting to give your feedback to Devs about last update !

Devs ask your feedback !! What you would like to keep with new change idoc ?

• 1- Keep vet rewards in loot

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • 2- Keep Resources in loot

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 3- Keep vet rewards & Resources in loot

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • 4- Keep players soulstone in loot

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • 5- Keep Rubble deco in loot

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • 6- Keep all choice mentioned above

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • 7- Put everything into a moving crate and put on owners bank and charge a fee to retrieve later

Votes: 32 50.8%

• Total voters

FlowerSun77

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm curious to see how many people agree or disagree with the last updates so leave a vote (max 3 choices) to tell the Devs what we players what we want with the idocs loot!

1- Why just not change resources into a deed ( commodity deed ) so all ppl will have a chance to get somes resources again without having to buy again on vendor ( from scripting resources ) .

2- Vet reward ? Why exactly ?
I read that someone said he was removing vet reward from idoc house because to get a vet reward you had to reach a certain number of months or years to choose and it belonged to the owner of the house, you know that the majority of the vet rewards in all the house come from another idoc that the owner probably had from another idoc etc then why remove them?
You say you must have the number of years to choose but for a long time you allow everyone to be able to use any vet reward without you having the age required to use so loot in idoc or buy at a ridiculous price on vendor why just do not leave normally in the loot and allow everyone to finally have the chance to have a vet reward in his loot. At the moment, everyone knows that most of the loot (good loot like vet reward) is the script player who wins, but with the barrels
we finally had the chance to win what only the scripters won before, and now you decide to delete all vet reward for no valid reason.

3- Delete all Rubble? Why? Too heavy ? You only have to change any weight to 10 stones for any type of rubble. Just as the doom artifacts are all 10 stones each, you can do the same with the rubbles and continue to give us the players a chance to continue decorating our house. You can no longer have them and many players like them to decorate their house :). So converting them to 10 stones would be a win for everyone. So please dont delete them, magincia rubbles are part of the history of UO!

Also please remove repair deed and bod book could help to receive the 50 items and not 1 book filled with bod which takes 50 places in your backpack :(

I was very happy to see the new updates with barrels, I said to myself finally all will have the chance to have a loot, that finally I was lucky to have a vet reward to decorate or use in my house, to have rubbles, resources to make what I need ... and take away all hope from players who also wanted the chance to have a good loot. Yes there will be good loot but remove what players like to use or decorate, sorry but now I don't know how long I will play, too disappointed with the last updates :( really bad !! I have been playing since 2001 and I have never taken uo breaks in 19 years but now i'm wondering where the game is going.
you ask for feedback from players but you don't listen :(
I hope you (Devs teams) will reconsider your decision on the last update.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Yer missing a couple of crucial poll options... just sayin.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got rubble deco out of a barrel yesterday after the new way.

Last edited:

Johnny Black

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
you missing one and most important, Put everything into a moving crate and put on owners bank and charge a fee to retrieve later.

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I can't vote in this poll. Don't agree with anything at all just being deleted outright. Might as well just get rid of IDOCs completely, have the plot just go bare after the 90 days of non-payment, and everything inside go into a database of stuff to randomly appear around the lands over the next 6 months (like Honesty items).

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I vote for 8. keep it how the devs have it now, delete resources, vet rewards and heavy items. Or 9. put vet rewards and soulstones in players banks but delete resources and heavy items.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can see the the stackable resources deleted to much weight. But if it's already deeded then sould be fine. I can see the deeded vet rewards but not the undeeded ones. Who is going to use a pick on a dye tub or a statue.

I know of two collectors that will be loseing out on the new idoc. One collector collect the char statues and the other collector collect guildstone.

I collect armor so I sould be alright. But i do have a small collection of guildstone was hopeing that i would be able to add to them now.

Let's just hope the two people that collect the above do not let there places go idoc or we would lose alot of uo history.

As of right now all you can hope to get are empty chests flowers tokens clothing furniture and if your luckly a em item. Most avg players dont have em items or if they do they only have a few.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
you missing one and most important, Put everything into a moving crate and put on owners bank and charge a fee to retrieve later.
thats an awesome way for the 3rd party stores to have storage. when they get low on inventory, just pay to have another house account taken out of storage and boom inventory is replenished and you dont even have to worry about it decaying!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Option 5 is irrelevant, only items weighing over 225 stones are deleted as 'heavy' Rubble is still dropping.
Option 7, is in my opinion, impossible. My logic says:
Where is a player's IDOC house? it's in game where everyone can see it and interact with it. Where are a player's characters' bank boxes? they are locked away with the characters, out of reach of the system, and therefore items can not be put into them.

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yea i also like to know who said rubble will be deleted

This is about 255 stones box items that get stuck in backpack or items that does not re deed so they get stuck

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Yea i also like to know who said rubble will be deleted

This is about 255 stones box items that get stuck in backpack or items that does not re deed so they get stuck
they said heavy items, i among other was assuming it was rubble included. i havent looted any 100 stone rubble yet but i have seen 60 some stone rubble

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
they said heavy items, i among other was assuming it was rubble included. i havent looted any 100 stone rubble yet but i have seen 60 some stone rubble
I would be really suprised if it was any rubble or potion kegs

That fix was for items that became static in backpack so you had to call a GM to remove them

Last edited:

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
let's put it this way. we know very well of the existence of well organized groups in idoc, which use scripts. the dev team too! I have heard and I also imagine that there is the possibility that someone favors these people. the same goes for duping!
Play this game without complaining or quitting are the only two options. I am for the first, but in a while I will move on to the second. there is too much corruption in this game. on the other hand, when real money is involved, it is always like this! take care! my 2 cents on what dev team have done and think to do ... byeeee :)

Rafman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find it hilarious how selfless everyone seemed to be a month ago before changes were announced yelling "just delete it all, better than to let cheaters get all the loot".

They don't. Instead - they come up with an ingenious fix that helps tweak a lot of the advantages some scripters have at idocs. But as soon as some of the loot from idocs is affected - ie vet rewards - everyone is up in arms about how unfair it is.

For the poll I voted option 5. I think it'd be a shame to get rid of some of the truly rare items, such as rubble. So I'd wish for them to keep it in-game - and as far as i understand, it is being kept as idoc loot, no impact yet.

Their justification for taking away vet rewards seems ridiculous - but all in all, I don't really mind.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I find it hilarious how selfless everyone seemed to be a month ago before changes were announced yelling "just delete it all, better than to let cheaters get all the loot".

They don't. Instead - they come up with an ingenious fix that helps tweak a lot of the advantages some scripters have at idocs. But as soon as some of the loot from idocs is affected - ie vet rewards - everyone is up in arms about how unfair it is.

For the poll I voted option 5. I think it'd be a shame to get rid of some of the truly rare items, such as rubble. So I'd wish for them to keep it in-game - and as far as i understand, it is being kept as idoc loot, no impact yet.

Their justification for taking away vet rewards seems ridiculous - but all in all, I don't really mind.
I personally have zero problem with what @Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna decide to delete, or not. It's the same for everybody. MY problem comes in when, they decide to make EVERYONE do the same damage, regardless of skill, and decide against, AFTER GETTING FEEDBACK, to NOT make any changes that actually curtail/deter the scripters. The WHOLE purpose of the IDOC changes was to "stop" scripters, not give them even MORE OF AN ADVANTAGE!

Rafman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally have zero problem with what @Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna decide to delete, or not. It's the same for everybody. MY problem comes in when, they decide to make EVERYONE do the same damage, regardless of skill, and decide against, AFTER GETTING FEEDBACK, to NOT make any changes that actually curtail/deter the scripters. The WHOLE purpose of the IDOC changes was to "stop" scripters, not give them even MORE OF AN ADVANTAGE!
I know you wanted skill part of the IDOC process. Many, many did not. Because they didn't listen to your opinion over that of many others it means they aren't listening to feedback?

Also - are you actually implying that making breaking barrels "skill-related" actually hurts the scripters? I promise you it 100% does not. If having 100 wrestling skill was an advantage to breaking barrels - i promise you 100% of the scripters would whip up a character with 100 wrestling in a few days, on every shard - to give them max competitive edge. If anything - it's the regular player that is affected by making idoc's "wrestling-related". Most regular players like to go to idocs casually, on their favorite characters. Be it a tamer, a blacksmith, or whatever. Forcing everyone to play a specific template (a wrestler) sounds completely boring.

Your outrage and passion seem to be genuine - but your reasoning and logic seems to always be lacking in regards to idocs. Pretty sure I saw you post on that other forums "just delete all idocs, get it over with". Why don't you just pretend they did - and not participate? Seems like a simple fix.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know you wanted skill part of the IDOC process. Many, many did not. Because they didn't listen to your opinion over that of many others it means they aren't listening to feedback?

Also - are you actually implying that making breaking barrels "skill-related" actually hurts the scripters? I promise you it 100% does not. If having 100 wrestling skill was an advantage to breaking barrels - i promise you 100% of the scripters would whip up a character with 100 wrestling in a few days, on every shard - to give them max competitive edge. If anything - it's the regular player that is affected by making idoc's "wrestling-related". Most regular players like to go to idocs casually, on their favorite characters. Be it a tamer, a blacksmith, or whatever. Forcing everyone to play a specific template (a wrestler) sounds completely boring.

Your outrage and passion seem to be genuine - but your reasoning and logic seems to always be lacking in regards to idocs. Pretty sure I saw you post on that other forums "just delete all idocs, get it over with". Why don't you just pretend they did - and not participate? Seems like a simple fix.
Making the skill count toward damage has nothing to do with hurting the scripters. Having it NOT count, does however make a mockery of the process of having skill count ANYWHERE. If someone spends time and effort "skilling up" their character, they should be rewarded for it. Otherwise, make EVERYONE do the same damage. In PvP, on the roof, at spawns, and make sure everyone gets EXACTLY the same mining, crafting, lumberjacking, and BOD rewards, regardless of skill!!

My problem with the "current" changes, the changes, is that NOTHING in the LATEST changes, does ANYTHING to deter scripters. There were numerous requests to do away with EJ accounts, and packies being allowed so close to the IDOC, as well as several people asking for the temp houses being done away with.

I fail to see how that makes my "reasoning and logic seems to always be lacking in regards to idocs".

Rafman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making the skill count toward damage has nothing to do with hurting the scripters. Having it NOT count, does however make a mockery of the process of having skill count ANYWHERE. If someone spends time and effort "skilling up" their character, they should be rewarded for it. Otherwise, make EVERYONE do the same damage. In PvP, on the roof, at spawns, and make sure everyone gets EXACTLY the same mining, crafting, lumberjacking, and BOD rewards, regardless of skill!!

My problem with the "current" changes, the changes, is that NOTHING in the LATEST changes, does ANYTHING to deter scripters. There were numerous requests to do away with EJ accounts, and packies being allowed so close to the IDOC, as well as several people asking for the temp houses being done away with.

I fail to see how that makes my "reasoning and logic seems to always be lacking in regards to idocs".
You realize that idocs have been a part of uo for 20 years - and that for 20 years (fel pvp'ing non-withstanding) - skill has NOT counted at idocs? You show up - on any char - and hope to try and get lucky with some good loot, and maybe enough to place a house too.

If the skill vs no skill has nothing to do with scripters - why all the outrage over it now, vs anytime in the past 20 years? Have you been on stratics the past few years complaining about how idocs take no skills, vs other playstyles?

Personally - i look at idocs as a "social gathering" in-game. Auctions don't require skills. RP events. EM Events either, for the most part (you show up, follow the story/show - if lucky maybe get a reward too). Lots of playstyles not dependent on skills. Idocs are one.

If you do tie skill into idocs - it actually favors the scripters, vs the most casual players. The scripters don't care about needing a gm, or 120 wrestler. They'd whip it up no problem. In fact - they'd whip multiple ones up on every shard. Keeping it to no skill was the right decision, glad they made the change.

As to the "current changes" - they seem more about fixing bugs than core modifications to the new idoc system. I also think there's still room for improvement (looting houses, etc) - not sure how much of that will be incorporated.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As someone who doesn't idoc except for rare occassion, i am intrigued by the idea of leaving it with the owner, or gone for good. taking items out of the game is good, it keeps it moving forward.

leloyon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No option for delete everything and get rid of IDOCs all together? Another stupid and biased poll. *Yawn*
100% this. Although I'm leaning more towards the idea that items from removed houses should be purchasable by a global gold sink to help reduce the influx of gold. Though, there's probably a better way of doing it.
I imagine that eventually, the new IDOC system will become a thing that's just as easily scripted as before, I think removing IDOC's entirely would be the best way to go. But business is business, and I know Broadsword won't do anything that potentially ruins their profits by banning these paying customers/scripters or removing their methods of also earning a profit on their gold-selling website.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The main reason the economy is broken is due to the fact that nothing worth anything is ever lost. Deleting IDOC loot and getting rid of that stupid "playstyle" all together is the smartest thing the devs could do. I'm content with the current IDOC changes. If anything, delete more stuff. The people who go to these IDOCs have enough junk as it is.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I vote for deleting everything and doing away with IDOCs because that's an easy fix and will solve much more than anything else at this point (people are going to complain either way).

I'd rather efforts be spent on actually creating game content we can play rather than house sit :gee:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My personal vote would be to delete ONLY crafted/craftable items that are not containers.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The main reason the economy is broken is due to the fact that nothing worth anything is ever lost. Deleting IDOC loot and getting rid of that stupid "playstyle" all together is the smartest thing the devs could do. I'm content with the current IDOC changes. If anything, delete more stuff. The people who go to these IDOCs have enough junk as it is.
I'm not sure you can change that without re-inventing the whole game. I literally find zero people on UO that would enjoy a fresh server where everyone would have to play the game to get stuff done instead of sitting 4 hours at a dead house hoping for free loot. A fair share of UO players seem to have never played any other games and it shows.

I'm in favor of deleting stuff, just it's not realistic.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations on voting for the option that can't be done. Asking the impossible as usual. What a shower!

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Congratulations on voting for the option that can't be done. Asking the impossible as usual. What a shower!
Care to explain why it is "impossible" to store one's bits and bytes? I can come back to STO after a year of inactivity and all my stuff is there. I can come back to GTA:O after a year and every pixel I bought will be still there. It's not even remotely impossible.

But as usual it seems to come down to UO being the most unique unicorn in the universe where things people do every day are impossible. Mesanna is happy for everyone buying her excuses.

The real problem is UO is a freaking grind and half the players are just held hostage over their items. If I could keep my items without paying, I would close my account immediately. This is UO culture. Paying without playing. Not something "impossible".

Also the OP is already flawed. Like any of them is interested in honest feedback :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because you're all working on the assumption that the system can access a closed account's bank boxes. I don't believe it can. The house is in game. The bank boxes aren't.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because you're all working on the assumption that the system can access a closed account's bank boxes. I don't believe it can. The house is in game. The bank boxes aren't.
It's all data on their servers. If they don't want to do it, it's fine. But please stop those silly nonsense excuses.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm all good with resources being deleted as there are so many ways to get them. ie. Skills, Pirate Ships, Trade Orders, ect.

I DO NOT AGREE with Veteran Rewards, items like Guildstones or Soulstones being deleted. Soulstones should be either put in the players bank or sent to the SS Graveyard that way if/when people come back they at least have skills to begin with again.Veteran Rewards should STAY. If deleted, the sales of these on 3rd party sites is going to increase. Isn't there a point to try and stop this? I also don't see a point to delete Rubble. Big Deal if its heavy. Its not hurting anything. Why do they instist on getting rid of items that people still use.

They still need to fix the distance from IDOC to receive items. People shouldn't be able to teleport to another IDOC or their house and still receive items.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Keep in mind, if the contents ARE "stored" in the bankboxes, it only gives the people who buy and sell accounts more incentive to do so. Player-X has no incentive to keep the account. Having his/her items stored for them just makes it more valuable to the 3rd party sites.

At this point, with it being obvious that @Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna aren't really concerned with stopping the cheaters, so just delete EVERYTHING!

Rafman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I vote for deleting everything and doing away with IDOCs because that's an easy fix and will solve much more than anything else at this point (people are going to complain either way).

I'd rather efforts be spent on actually creating game content we can play rather than house sit :gee:
"Delete everything" is the same mentality as if those who don't like pvp would say "delete pvp". Sure - and lose half your subscribers. It's unrealistic.

Idocs are a very popular playstyle in-game. Getting rid of it would be dumb for many reasons. In terms of the bottom line specifically, idocs and houses are directly tied to paid subscribers, as people pay for housing. Getting rid of that is bad all around.

I've done idocs for such a long time and understand the game mechanics and system around them more than most - and it's very easy for me to understand the specific game mechanics scripters were exploiting the most. The changes they are implementing address that in a major, major way. They really did a fabulous job with these changes. Is it perfect? No - nothing ever is. But I think overall it's a fantastic solution.

I enjoy doing idocs - so more loot is generally better - but if they want to get rid of vet rewards and resources and such - I don't really care. There's a ton of those in-game anyways. Rares is what i'm more concerned about - and rubble, the heavy pieces notably - is what I hope doesn't get touched, or it would be a shame. It doesn't seem like those are being affected.

No need to mass delete idocs. The loud minority of people speaking up here aren't representative of the larger uo population - and i'm certain the majority of players will enjoy doing idocs more after these changes are put in - then they did before, as things had gotten out of hand the past few years.

Rafman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep in mind, if the contents ARE "stored" in the bankboxes, it only gives the people who buy and sell accounts more incentive to do so. Player-X has no incentive to keep the account. Having his/her items stored for them just makes it more valuable to the 3rd party sites.

At this point, with it being obvious that @Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna aren't really concerned with stopping the cheaters, so just delete EVERYTHING!
These changes will restrict the efficiency of cheaters in a major, major way.

If you have an idoc today - let's say an 18x18 in malas on atlantic. And if when the house falls - there are 20 chests to loot - and 20 "rare" items on display, so 40 items total. And to keep the math simple - let's assume there are 40 characters - 20 "regular" players, and 20 cheaters.

I'd guess that 90% of the items (chests and rares combined) would go to the 20 cheaters, minimum. That's how people are describing idocs today with the mass/instant looting they do.
Not only that - but those 20 "cheaters" probably only showed up 5 minutes before fall time. Many of the 20 "regular players" likely spent hours waiting at the idoc, if they didn't know when it was falling.

Have this exact same idoc with the same number of people present happen under the new rules - and I'd guess the loot will be a lot closer to 50/50 split between cheaters and regular players. Also - no one has to spend 10-12 hours waiting around and get nothing - the house sign helps you understand when the house will fall exactly. So less frustration at wasting hours with nothing to show for it.

It's not a perfect system - but it's a major improvement over what was before.

If you're so hellbent on stopping cheaters - why aren't you happy?