• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire Gear

Joker21

Adventurer
I’m looking for some new gear for my sampire. I’d like to take advantage of the 55 lower mana cost that studded leather allows. I play on Baja. I have all imbuing ingredients need to add 8% lower mana cost + 8 stamina, +8 mana, + 5 hit point to a studded gorget, tunic, leggings, sleeves and gloves. I wear mace and shield glasses for my head piece. If anybody could help I’d very much appreciate it. Thank you!

Turkish

Journeyman
Are you just looking for an Imbuer Joker? Or are you still looking for armor pieces too?

I have a legendary Imbuer if that helps. I'm happy to Imbue anything you need, I'm not sure when I'll be on next but I usually shout out on general chat when I log on.

Joker21

Adventurer
Hi Turkish, it’s difficult to find the right legendary studded leather pieces so I gathered all the ingredients needed to add + 5 hp, 8 stamina, 8 mana and 8 lower mana cost for a gorget, tunic, legs, sleeves and gloves. I’m not sure what would be needed if you needed to raise any of the resists. I’m sure fire would need a bump. I wish you had access to my mailbox I’ll just put a bag with everything in there.

Other than 75 energy, there’s no way to get the other 4 resists above 70 right? Thanks again for your time Turk!

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I recall, the way to get the resists above 70 is with armor "refinements." This comes at the cost of decreasing the "defense chance increase."

OOC: I have never tried that because at this point things became horribly overcomplicated for a game I supposedly play for fun. <rant rant="on">This is bad design. What should have happened is a result-oriented gump. Pick the desired properties, and the gump would tell you what resources and skills you need to make that, with no randomness involved. The dev team should figure out who among them is a gambling addict and not allow that git to make any design decisions in the future,</rant>

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now I'm intrigued. I have a similar suit, but with chain coif where you have glasses.
I don't remember how to make it.
I have a vague recollection that each piece had to have one or two resistances increased.
There were two properties left over and I used them for night sight (which was dumb because nocturne earrings) and reflect physical damage on one piece.
I don't remember the order of imbuing, powdering, and barbed-ing. It's been several years.

Joker21

Adventurer
I’m hoping that each piece doesn’t need more than 1 resist increased so I can’t keep the other 4 mods on it. I don’t have much knowledge as a crafter but the -25 fire for a sampire I’m sure doesn’t help with resists.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a vague recollection that the original tailor has to make up to a dozen of each piece, and pick the one that has the lowest fire resistance and the highest of every other resist.

Joker21

Adventurer
And that would be to get the other resists up to 70 if possible so that fire is the only resist left to worry about during the time of imbue?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Still intrigued. I think each piece would have to be imbued to the max (10 boura pelt) in fire resistance. That's an expensive imbue 'cause bouras fight to keep their pelts.
After doing that, I'm not sure there's enough imbuing points left to still be under 500 imbuing points cost, for the rest of the desired properties.

I might be wrong. I should probably give it a try.

Turkish

Journeyman
Still intrigued. I think each piece would have to be imbued to the max (10 boura pelt) in fire resistance. That's an expensive imbue 'cause bouras fight to keep their pelts.
After doing that, I'm not sure there's enough imbuing points left to still be under 500 imbuing points cost, for the rest of the desired properties.

I might be wrong. I should probably give it a try.
We ended up reforging a couple pieces to help meet the resist caps. Luckily on one of them, it came with some of the requested stat increases. But, with such high resists I couldn't imbue with everything Joker requested. The rest of the pieces were standard exceptionally crafted armor with the requested stats.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I gave it a try. I failed. The problem I encountered is that the initial tailoring didn't produce a useful set of resistances.
and now I have to replace 500 barbed leather.

Turkish

Journeyman
I gave it a try. I failed. The problem I encountered is that the initial tailoring didn't produce a useful set of resistances.
and now I have to replace 500 barbed leather.
Yes, that's why we reforged a couple pieces. Did you reforge anything?